tyson_chandler.png

wesley_matthews.png
raymond_felton.png

damian_lillard.png
pablo_prigioni.png

Injury Report
New York Knicks
Portland Trailblazers
Andrea Bargnani - Torn Ligament, Left Elbow (OUT)
Kenyon Martin - Sore left ankle (OUT)

Today in Knicks history
371841.jpg
February 5, 1999The Knicks open the 1998-99 campaign with a 93-85 loss at Orlando. Latrell Sprewell makes his Knicks debut, scoring 24 points and grabbing six rebounds.

Recent meetings
November 25, 2013New York continued its poor start and became Portland?s 11th straight casualty as the Trail Blazers cruised past the Knicks 102-91 at the Moda Center. Carmelo Anthony paced the Knicks with 34 points and 15 rebounds for a double-double over 43 minutes. Andrea Bargnani recorded 16 points and six rebounds over 43 minutes. Beno Udrih added 13 points. Damian Lillard led the Trail Blazers with 23 points and six assists over 36 minutes. Nicolas Batum posted 23 points and six assists over 39 minutes. LaMarcus Aldridge added 18 points and 14 rebounds over 37 minutes.
March 14, 2013New York, for the first time this season, was without the services of Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler, and Amar?e Stoudemire kept in close in the first half but thanks to a 14 point third quarter fell behind Portland 78-62 after 36 minutes and the Knicks were never able to recover as the Portland Trail Blazers defeated the New York Knicks 105-90 at the Rose Garden. Portland swept New York in the season series for the first time since the 2008-09 season. New York was led by J.R. Smith?s 33 points on 11-12 shooting (4-8 3PT) and three rebounds over 35 minutes. This was Smith?s second 30-point performance of the season. Kenyon Martin, in his first start with the New York Knicks, posted 12 points and five rebounds over 31 minutes. Marcus Camby added eight points and 10 rebounds over 19 minutes. Portland was paced by Damian Lillard?s 26 points and 10 assists for a double-double over 40 minutes. LaMarcus Aldridge recorded 22 points and 10 rebounds over 44 minutes for a double-double. JJ Hickson added 12 points and 16 rebounds over 34 minutes.

tiger0330

Legend
Lillard is going to make Felton cry like a baby tonight. Woody should play this lineup tonight, I am tired of seeing Felton and that small ball lineup.

Prigs
JR
Melo
Stat
Chandler

Kiyaman

Legend
Portland's (34-14) performance been up n down after their 30th win of the season Jan 17 ..
Portland's 9-man rotation has a habit of scoring above 110 pts this season vs defenseless teams.

It make u wonder how much Portland's 9-Man rotation gonna score in MSG ..
Did Woodson create a defensive lineup yet ??????????

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Hope Stat gets 20+ minutes tonight!
Free Stat! Free WorldPeace!!

Woodsons lineups suck!!!!!
He needs to use my 2k lineups in a ranked match.

petescud

Starter
wow, choked this one away....but honestly, whats the point. Ok, so we beat the Heat and the Blazers, and then what lose to the Bucks, Bobcats, Sixers etc...gotta learn to beat the beatable teams first

Broadway

All Star
wow, choked this one away....but honestly, whats the point. Ok, so we beat the Heat and the Blazers, and then what lose to the Bucks, Bobcats, Sixers etc...gotta learn to beat the beatable teams first

You mean Heat/Spurs?

We beat the Heat like about a month ago(a long time ago it seems)... a team who often times doesn't respect us and take the game seriously. They've done that a few times this year and when they do, they usually get beat or struggle to win. Philly has beaten Miami twice this year. When Miami showed up serious ready to compete... last friday we were no match. We saw the same with the Pacers.

I think we're 2-12 against legit playoff teams(Top 4) this year. We've made up no ground through all of our phony win streaks.

It's another reason I didn't think much of Melo's 62pt outburst against the Cats because he's fallen back to what he is...a high volume over usage scorer who'll give you more games of 11-28's 9-25's 10-30's. He had 0ast in his 62pt performance, tonight he had 0ast....I'll never understand how a player can hoist up 60+ shots over 2 separate games and not manage to get any assist. Also when covers like Batum/Battier/George etc etc on Melo it usually negates whatever he does positively.... as often times they'll have significant counter production and he's supposed to be their cover.

To keep it not right but righteous...J.R. Smith has been our most consistent player since being disciplined.

Iman Shumpert is an absolute ABOMINATION...Dudley is on the block again, can we please revisit making that trade.

I'd seriously consider looking to acquire someone like Eric Gordon(I think he's healthy now).... along with some assets...involving Melo's exodus.

CoolClyde

I missed this game, but this is what i see from the boxscore:

Melo: 11-28, 0 assists in 40 minutes
Shump: 0 points, 1 assist
Felton: 3 assists
Chandler: 2 points, 1 assist, 0 blocks

how can a team expect to win with such sh*tty stats from your starters?

puh-lease. fire Wood Son. there, i said it, i mean it, this team needs a change, now.

mafra

Legend
I missed this game, but this is what i see from the boxscore:

Melo: 11-28, 0 assists in 40 minutes
Shump: 0 points, 1 assist
Felton: 3 assists
Chandler: 2 points, 1 assist, 0 blocks

how can a team expect to win with such sh*tty stats from your starters?

puh-lease. fire Wood Son. there, i said it, i mean it, this team needs a change, now.

Melo outstanding in the first quarter. 14 points on something like 6-7 shooting. Then Woody sat him for a while in the second, and Anthony went ICE cold... 12 points on 5-21 after that, I believe.

JR, Amare, and Tyler were terrific...

But, the main problem, was the 3-point shot. Knicks were 2-18 until final minute of 4th... And Portland was knocking them down left and right.

Combined with another slanted officiated game against NYK, calling all the close ones Portland's way, as if this was a road game for us...

And it adds up to another loss.

Just so frustrating because these guys settle for the first halfway decent look they get, and somehow think an offense that depends on low pct jumpers will be successful. Clank and clank. Very little work for the best shot they could find, only JR made an effort to do this.

Shumpert and Felton is literally the worst guard combo in NBA history. Really hard to judge Woody and Melo when this is the state of our backcourt situation. We need to start JR and Hardaway, and just cut Felton and trade Shumpert. What might have been this year if we swapped Shumpert for Lowry?

Chandler is OK, but I look to move him for a 1st rounder this upcoming draft. He is simply not worth the cap hit. His defense is not the game changer, and I am cool with giving his minutes to Amare and Tyler, and live without "the stopper." I would start Melo at PF and Amar'e at center.

I like Chandler, and even if we won't give up on the season, we have to plan ahead for next year and beyond. Window on this squad, as presently constructed, slammed shut in Indy last year when Pacers were award 46 free throws to our 18.

TC has no offense, and his impact would be valued by a roster better suited to take advantage of what he offers. We would be better served using offense as our defensive strategy, so if we cannot stop people anyway.... Let's try to score more.

And I really wanted a first rounder. I like Hardway and Tyler. I approach Melo and find out if he is staying, bc if I am not 100 percent certain he stays, I have to get something for him too.

petescud

Starter
Yeah, if they were smart, they would bust this whole team up...Keep THJ and everyone else is expendable

tiger0330

Legend
As bad as the Knicks are, the rumors re: trades is really quiet. Shump's value has dropped like a rock and who would want Felton, every backup PG in the NBA is better than him. Chandler is going to be hard to move with his salary. Plus this current Knicks management doesn't have any experience in pulling off a deal, Mills has not done one trade ever so this is probably the team we're stuck with the rest of the way.

Broadway

All Star
Melo outstanding in the first quarter. 14 points on something like 6-7 shooting. Then Woody sat him for a while in the second, and Anthony went ICE cold... 12 points on 5-21 after that, I believe.

so if we cannot stop people anyway.... Let's try to score more

No way Jose

We've been trying to do this for yrs now, it doesn't work. The only team who managed to make this work(relatively speaking) was the Phx Suns. That team can't be constructed for many yrs to come and at the end of the day(Melo/Woody's favorite line....defense failed that team). I disagree with the notion of trying to outscore teams. We need to put together a balanced team, one with leadership, and a higher demand of excellence/accountability from it's best players.

This is why you hear things come out of an organization about changing the culture. We need a change so bad.

Quite Frankly this current team would have a difficult time beating any Knick team from 2008-2010, which is utterly pathetic, sad, gross, disgraceful, and unacceptable.

mafra

Legend
No way Jose

We've been trying to do this for yrs now, it doesn't work. The only team who managed to make this work(relatively speaking) was the Phx Suns. That team can't be constructed for many yrs to come and at the end of the day(Melo/Woody's favorite line....defense failed that team). I disagree with the notion of trying to outscore teams. We need to put together a balanced team, one with leadership, and a higher demand of excellence/accountability from it's best players.

This is why you hear things come out of an organization about changing the culture. We need a change so bad.

Quite Frankly this current team would have a difficult time beating any Knick team from 2008

I agree with this as an organizational philosophy, building a team (long term) moving forward). I'm just saying holding on to TC for the rest of this year, and next, doesn't much to help us. Swapping him for a pick or young asset and letting Tyler play more (grow) would be more productive.

Kiyaman

Legend
In the Knicks history of Championship seasons, and winning playoff seasons the Knicks philosophy were same-page DEFENSIVE team.
Red Holzman, Pat Riley, and JVG .. these HC favored same-page defense more than offense, any player could score, but can u provide consistent stops on defense is the name of a winning (2014 Super Bowl) Game.

Kiyaman

Legend

The majority of Melo's points come in the first half of the game as a Knicks.
How dependable is Melo as a Closer? not good.
Last season we depended on Jason Kidd decision-making as a closer.

As a Closer, Melo dependency vs elite teams is the same as when we were down by one point 93-94, with Melo holding & dribble the ball for 10 straight seconds, then decide to pass the ball to Jared Jefferies on the perimeter with 3 seconds remaining in a playoff game. Another Knicks loss where Melo scored 42 points...