Knicks almost coming to blows, penny suspended?

teslawlo

Benchwarmer
First of all, from a Realgm poster:
I know i'm new to the board but i have to share this info i just got. My man who lives in cleveland was at the game today and he is friends with some people in the knicks organization. He found out that penny is suspended indefinitely because his agent went at it with IT about his role. Kurt thomas said that was f ***ed up , and marbury said f*** penny and kurt and marbury almost went to blows. Kurt told marbury it isn't a surprise everytime he left a team that team got better. NO one likes lenny , they think he stinks as a coach , so he may not finish the season if the streak continues. Basically no one is getting along right now , which is showing in their play of late.

Next, from NY Times:

In the Knicks' locker room afterward, players lectured one another about effort and defense, although all insisted they were still unified.

"Nothing heated," Kurt Thomas said. "It's all about how you define heated. You say heated to me, I think blows. No, no blows were thrown."

Something is seriously wrong here...

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
Oh damn, This doesnt sound good. What KT said to Marbury wasnt cool.
"Kurt told marbury it isn't a surprise everytime he left a team that team got better. "
Guess we wont be seeing the pick and roll from them any time soon. Everyone hold on for Hurricane Zeke.

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
sry that's hard to swallow, i gotta hear it myself from a offical, sry to say but that isn't a very reliable sorce.......

Attachments

• xmas5.jpg
    xmas5.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 9
  • xmas7.gif
    xmas7.gif
    29.9 KB · Views: 9

szc36

Rookie
HOW could you guys believe that? The biggest problem is lenny and Zeke who are unreliable each other.

NYKnicks15

Starter
We really dont know if this is TRUE. On one hand I cant see Marbury saying that about Penny they were teamates for a few years now right? But as Shaq said you dont need to be friends to be teammates. On the other hand I can def. see Marbury saying something like that, especially after a horrible loss. You saw how he yelled "and 1" angrily at the ref a game ago, he speaks his mind. Now Kurt...I dont know about you, but that motha f'ers scares the hell out of me, hes so calm for the most part but hes got those crazy ass eyes man. I dont know. Even for Kurt thats some rought stuff to say to a teammate at that. I dont know just get some info on this cause its pretty interesting....

rady

Administrator
Staff member
madskillz7312 said:
sry that's hard to swallow, i gotta hear it myself from a offical, sry to say but that isn't a very reliable sorce.......

true, it's hard to swallow and we don't know that for a fact...yet. but it makes perfect logic, and all this heat is reflected on the court. i must say i wouldn't be to surpised to hear this was for good

Trin_Starr

Starter
Seems a bit sketchy to me.
Half the papers are saying that penny requested a trade and the other half is saying that nothing like that ever happened.
We all know that many papers write articles based purely on sensationalism, but if we try to analyze the facts maybe we can draw a conclusion as to what really happened.
First off, Penny injures his hamstring (This has been an injury that was plaguing him since the pre-season). We all saw the games prior to being put on the IL, that he obviously lacked the mobility. He was put on IL, and then with Crawford out, he felt that this would have been a perfect time for him to come back, even tho he wasn't fully healed. This excerbated the injury and he was put back on the injury list. I think that Isiah gave him the choice to either rest at home or sit on the bench. It is the same the choice he gave to Houston, but H20 felt he would have provided moral support for his team being on the bench. Looking at Kidd, when he decided to rest at home, instead of coming out and sitting on the bench as was demanded by his team management - he seemed to recuperate much quicker from his injury. So from that, it looks more beneficial to rest at home.
Secondly - From the Shandon Anderson incident, we have learned that if u have beef with Isiah, never put urself on the IL or else u will not be able to come off....Hence this leads to my point that Penny is definitely injured and is not suspended.

Now, since I believe that cannot be the cause of the argument between Kurt and Marbury, I believe it not to be true.
More importantly, Kurt has to be crazy to say something like that to Isiah's Golden boy, because that's like signing his own death warrant.

There is definitely some serious issues out on the court, and what I think it has to do with is the statement Marbury made - He is the best PG in the NBA. After that was said, the team is gone 0-4.
Now 0-4 would be ok if the team played with the desire to win but fell short - but in the all the games, the knicks played like they wouldn't care less!!!
Now understand when Marbury said that, after the knicks went on that 3 game win streak against the bobcats, orlando and minny. Now to his teammates, his boast probably sounded to them as if it was only because of him that the knicks won those games and they felt slighted. Now the rest of the players want to show Marbury that it is a team game and he cannot win without them.

Amare and Marion said it so clearly when Marbury left that Stephon wanted all the fame and glory and wasn't allowing the others to shine. Remove Steph, and put in a PG who doesn't care about the spotlight but only dishing and making easy opportunities for others and then u have
1. Amare having his best career season
2. Marion averaging a 20-10 season

Don't get me wrong, I love Marbury - but I think that statement he made is a big part of the trouble the knicks are having right now.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Good possiblity, and maybe thats why he is passing so much, to get back in their good graces. I dont think Kurt cares anymore "signing his own death warrant" because if you here the rumors hell probably wont be around too much longer anyways. Its gettin to the point where Isiah will trade him for another SF (wallyworld) adding to our long list of swingman already on our roster...who knows, I cant wait to find out the truth, if it ever comes out