New York Knicks vs Sacramento Kings 2/12/2014 7:30PM

Broadway

All Star
Because Feltip is horrible; Did you see Melo set Felton that pick for a wide open layup and Felt dang near missed everything. Even Clyde was like that was awful. And on the other end Our guards allow Jimmer Freddette to put on a shooting display and go for a career high 24 carrying the Kings down the stretch. But of course forget about Melo's 36 it's still his fault we lost 1 on 5 lol

ummmm Melo missed a bunny at the rim too....did you black that out?

Woodson is not that good a coach, we know this..... but how many games has Woodson coached well enough to give Melo that last shot to come up in the clutch only for him to fail. You do realize Melo is like 1-20+ in clutch situations the past 2yrs?

Unfortunately this mythical story is yet to come true of...."YOU GOTTA HAVE THAT GO TO SCORER WHEN THE GAME IS TIGHT"

I've always maintained the thought you should play the game so it doesn't come down to a final possession, but oh well 20-32....<-----------Delicious

Melo is a Top 5 choker!!!!

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Prigioni wasn't in the last few minutes of regulation, and didn't play in overtime until the last play or two. Woodson........Just....errrrrrrrrrgh

tiger0330

Legend
Well we lost to the worst team in the West. I'd say the Knicks are not making the playoffs. The team played good enough to win, anytime Chandler scores 17 points, Stat 20 and Melo 36 you should win but this is the Knicks letting a scrub like Fredette go off for a career high. Look at all the games where an opposing player had a career night, I bet we lost every one if them.

This team sucks. You got to get rid of Woody now in an attempt to turn around the season and Felton won't be here next year but maybe the Knicks pull a rabbit out of the hat and dump him by the deadline.

Kiyaman

Legend
Nothing to do with JR.....THE LAST 5-6 MINUTES OF THE 4TH WAS ISO MELO........He was already 40 plus minutes , tired and missing but that became our offense......Melo brought up the ball 80% of the time in the 4th....WHY WHY WHY.....WOODY NEVER LEARNS.....BUT IF MELO WAS A TOP 5 PLAYER HE WOULD NOT NEED WOODY TO TEACH HIM....MOVE THE BALL!!!!!!!!

:agreed::agreed::agreed:

Melo's not a 4th quarter player .. 4th quarter players win playoff games
(ask DWade/Lebron/Durant).
ISO-Melo is a great scorer the first 2 or 3 quarters of a game, but Melo's isolation performance in the 4th quarter had the Denver Nuggets get AI to win 50 games, then Billups to win 50 games.
We had to get Jason Kidd to win 50 games. Those are 3 players Melo had are hard time taking the ball out of their hands in the 4th quarter.

Woodson's a punk when it comes to ....
1) taking Melo out of the game, or
2) making Melo stay seated on the bench so other teammates get playingtime, or
3) making Melo run in transition, or
4) making Melo run back on defense, or
5) making Melo play team-defense, or
6) making Melo stay out of the refferees face when the ball is alive, or
7) making Melo stop trying to play PG, especially when we have 2 PG in the lineup.
8) Or making Melo stop holding the ball, and start passing the ball

Kiyaman

Legend
Well we lost to the worst team in the West. I'd say the Knicks are not making the playoffs. The team played good enough to win, anytime Chandler scores 17 points, Stat 20 and Melo 36 you should win but this is the Knicks letting a scrub like Fredette go off for a career high. Look at all the games where an opposing player had a career night, I bet we lost every one if them.

This team sucks. You got to get rid of Woody now in an attempt to turn around the season and Felton won't be here next year but maybe the Knicks pull a rabbit out of the hat and dump him by the deadline.

Yeah .. we are back in the Starbury era, blaming the coach again .. when Marbury or Crawful are dribbling/shooting on EVERY offensive-possession for 40 minutes per game.

paris401

Starter
Clearly Woodface doesn't have a play he can call at all, Look at that final play with 6 seconds left no one open no space and a dribble out three

forget the final play... they didn't have a clue which side to inbound the ball... they should have been playin some music during this time... maybe the TEMPTATIONS... BALL OF CONFUSION...

jimkcchief88

All Star
ummmm Melo missed a bunny at the rim too....did you black that out?

Woodson is not that good a coach, we know this..... but how many games has Woodson coached well enough to give Melo that last shot to come up in the clutch only for him to fail. You do realize Melo is like 1-20+ in clutch situations the past 2yrs?

Unfortunately this mythical story is yet to come true of...."YOU GOTTA HAVE THAT GO SCORER WHEN THE GAME IS TIGHT"

I've always maintained the thought you should play the game so it doesn't come down to a final possession, but oh well 20-32....<-----------Delicious

Melo is a Top 5 choker!!!!

So forget about the 36 points....focus on one missed layup...real clever:) meanwhile our backcourt gives up 24 points to Jimmer(career high) while only combining for 28 between Felton, Shump,Prigs,and Tim Jr. But you know if Melo was really great he would be able to take NBa teams by himself 1 on 5:)

skisloper

Starter
So forget about the 36 points....focus on one missed layup...real clever:) meanwhile our backcourt gives up 24 points to Jimmer(career high) while only combining for 28 between Felton, Shump,Prigs,and Tim Jr. But you know if Melo was really great he would be able to take NBa teams by himself 1 on 5:)

U are kidding again right....Melo had a horrible 4th quarter and played ISO ball......he finish the game i think 4 for 19 after having a great start.........does that tell you anything ?

I guess in your book and by the way you take scoring as an option Jimmer is not the 6th best in the NBA

skisloper

Starter

U are 100% right Melo tries to take NBA teams by himself in the last 5 minutes of a game.......How can u say he is a top 5 player in the NBA with such low IQ decision making in clutch time....

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Please fire Woodson and have him take Felton with him. Woodson cost us this game by keeping Felton in when he could not stay in front of his own shadow

Woodson isn't the whole problem, we'll most of the problem. The lineups this man puts on the floor are sad.
Felton playin 35-40 minutes a game GTFOH. At best Felton is a good backup point guard 20-25 minutes a game.
Woodson must also be blind because he's not letting Stat eat. The man is healthy let him play 30 mins a game.
Why did we bring in Worldpeace if we not going to use him? Is he that old and bad???? No.
Jeremy Tyler needs more minutes!!
When we vs fast skilled point guards Pablo can't keep up, that's why we have Murray! Lengthy young point guard.

Tonight loss was one of the worst of the year. Like we really are that bad.
This team might not be the most talented but no way in hell are we not a playoff team.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Also Prigioni sits in and comes back in the same quarters, and I'm not talking about just the 4th quarter! As Kiyaman says, how do you expect these guys do gel?

Of course Prigioni didn't play in the last few minutes of regulation and didn't come back until the last possession or two in overtime against the worst team in the West.

Kiyaman

Legend
Prigioni wasn't in the last few minutes of regulation, and didn't play in overtime until the last play or two. Woodson........Just....errrrrrrrrrgh

Woodson been doing that all season to Prig/MWP/Beno/and Shump .. Benching veterans so rookie THJ get all the crunchtime minutes, especially when our games are real-close at the final 10 minute of a game.

Our veteran-players prefer our closing-lineup (the final 8 minute) to have 5 veteran-players in the lineup, especially if they have to watch from the bench.
Our veteran-players were not happy with their in-N-out spot-minute playingtime throughout the season.
When Woodson kept doing this bullshuuut, and captain Melo said nothing to stop it.
What happen .... injury-prone, injury-prone, injury-prone, injury-prone, injury-prone, injury-prone, Tyson Chandler started the injury-prone list first when both Stat & K-Mart demanded playingtime and no restriction in preseason

Kiyaman

Legend
Also Prigioni sits in and comes back in the same quarters, and I'm not talking about just the 4th quarter! As Kiyaman says, how do you expect these guys do gel?

Of course Prigioni didn't play in the last few minutes of regulation and didn't come back until the last possession or two in overtime against the worst team in the West.

Make u think we TANKING .. and having no lottery picks make it look inocent

Broadway

All Star

Your Post.....ROTFLOLMNOP90XITSTAGELEFT!!!!!!

So focus on Feton?s missed layup and not the 13ast he dropped yesterday?

That's me imitating you in defense of Felton so you can have a visual of how ridiculous you look defending Melo.

Melo thinks games are won in the 1st qrt/1st halves primarily scoring the basketball. As the season wears on, we continue to see him fade late in games. Melo has an ADD when it comes to what it takes to win. He knows he's going to play heavy minutes so instead of pacing himself throughout the game and using his brain in a team aspect....

To illustrate this kindly sport of boxing it's like this

Melo approaches the game/prize fight.. punching himself out in the first round, often times against fighters who only have 1big punch but knocks his arse out in the latter rounds. Excuses follow every time.....bad gloves, ref sucked, trainers sucked, crowd sucked, ring sucked, opponent on roids, dehydrated, lighting sucked, promotion sucked, weigh in sucked, venue sucked, ring announce sucked, national anthem sucked, walk out music sucked
on and on and on and on.

Then has the webbles to demand a bigger purse in his next fight all because 3 fights before he knocked a guy out the ring who lost 60% of his fights, who was the caliber of Don Zimmerman's sparring partner in no name Florida.

Melo is one of the greatest bullchist Con-Artist of the Modern Era swindling the Knicks MSG benefactor for all it's worth and those who have supported the brand over the yrs.

What's even more pathetic Melo has contributions coming from other players recently yet we still drop games to the Bucks and Kings because we all know they have players who ball out of control every night and the bestest coaches. So much so it's landing them straight to lottery heaven.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Your Post.....ROTFLOLMNOP90XITSTAGELEFT!!!!!!

So focus on Feton?s missed layup and not the 13ast he dropped yesterday?

That's me imitating you in defense of Felton so you can have a visual of how ridiculous you look defending Melo.

Melo thinks games are won in the 1st qrt/1st halves primarily scoring the basketball. As the season wears on, we continue to see him fade late in games. Melo has an ADD when it comes to what it takes to win. He knows he's going to play heavy minutes so instead of pacing himself throughout the game and using his brain in a team aspect....

To illustrate this kindly sport of boxing it's like this

on and on and on and on.

Then has the webbles to demand a bigger purse in his next fight all because 3 fights before he knocked a guy out the ring who lost 60% of his fights, who was the caliber of Don Zimmerman's sparring partner in no name Florida.

Melo is one of the greatest bullchist Con-Artist of the Modern Era swindling the Knicks MSG benefactor for all it's worth and those who have supported the brand over the yrs.

What's even more pathetic Melo has contributions coming from other players recently yet we still drop games to the Bucks and Kings because we all know they have players who ball out of control every night and the bestest coaches. So much so it's landing them straight to lottery heaven.
Nooooo, u r the biggest bs artist ever lol...so u would prefer Melo not do crap the 1st three quarters, then light it up in garbage time when we are down by 30. Real smart. Then you would say" aw Melo waits until we are outta of it to score" yada yada. You obviously have never played hoops on ANY level or you would know that the first thing to go is your legs when you get tired. That means shooting fool...Melo scores more in the first half of games than 3/4 of the league averages per game trying to keep this sorry team in games with no help. Hello the man is averaging 40 minutes a game. BTW Felton's 13 assists(half to Melo) were more than overshadowed by his sorry defense on Jimmer and his turnovers and lack of offense down the stretch on Chief

skisloper

Starter
Nooooo, u r the biggest bs artist ever lol...so u would prefer Melo not do crap the 1st three quarters, then light it up in garbage time when we are down by 30. Real smart. Then you would say" aw Melo waits until we are outta of it to score" yada yada. You obviously have never played hoops on ANY level or you would know that the first thing to go is your legs when you get tired. That means shooting fool...Melo scores more in the first half of games than 3/4 of the league averages per game trying to keep this sorry team in games with no help. Hello the man is averaging 40 minutes a game. BTW Felton's 13 assists(half to Melo) were more than overshadowed by his sorry defense on Jimmer and his turnovers and lack of offense down the stretch on Chief

I think we are all in agreement.....Jim if you believe in everything you have stated then why is that Melo for the last 7 minutes of the quarter goes into total ISO and actually brings up the ball playing PG..... ...If he is tired and rightfully so for his 40 plus minutes whey does not the lightbulb not go off in his head to move the ball and not do the ISO and not being up the ball............Listen I blame Woody for us being in the situation as he needs to sit Melo and let the other guys as Kiyaman Gel and get a flow.......But no matter what MELO demands the ball AND IF PRIGIONI DOES NOT PASS IT THAT WAY THEN FELTON IS RIGHT BACK IN....

For Woodsy to say he did not use Metta or Urich becuase he thought they would not be sharp since they have not played in a while is absurd.....

bogey1964

Rookie
Right you are Woodson is to blame for wearing melo out with too many minutes and keeping Felton in the game while the kings take turns blowing by him and scoring on him. Jimmer made him look like the fool that he is. Fire Woodson and bench Felton melo is not the problem he is playing his a@" off.

Broadway

All Star

You mean Felton's defense was as bad as Melo's defense on Battier 1st qrt against Miami since 1st qrts are soooooooo important?

You mean Felton's defense was as bad as Melo's defense on Chris Middleton against the Bucks as he had nearly 20pts through 3 qrts since the 1st 3 qrts of basketball are soooooooo important?

You mean Felton's defense was as bad as Melo's defense on Martell Webster who bombed us for like 100 3s in the Garden?

Oh wait....maybe Gallo was guarding those guys while injured in Denver, this has to be a legitimate excuse from a Melo mistress

Maybe we should try to figure out if Boeheim can get a real Syracuse clutch player in Tyler Innis to declare in next year's draft and tank for him and get rid of this Pre-historic Dinosaur in Melofloporous

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend

Wow Jim u just prove 3G4G point .. Early-Foul trouble .. opponents are not going to touch Melo to pick up silly quick fouls in the first half. u right Melo do have abundance of 20 point first quarter games (funny how Melo only average 27 pts per). The truth is Melo has always been mediocre player in the 2nd half of games.
Melo's 40 minutes per game stops us from running a fast transition on defensive-teams, plus Melo's persistence that we walk the ball up court giving our opponent enough time to setup their defense .. is not how u win.

Melo cant get his team to have a 50 win season without a top closer like "Iverson, or Billups, or Kidd" on his roster.

Stop thinking the Knicks dont have other scorers on the roster .. as much as I didnt like the Barg trade, I will admit Barg could score inside/outside, plus we got two put-back players in MWP & K-Mart.

I stop bashing Felton when I seen in several games the Knicks TEAM are playing to get Woodson fired, and opt-out Melo traded.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Wow Jim u just prove 3G4G point .. Early-Foul trouble .. opponents are not going to touch Melo to pick up silly quick fouls in the first half. u right Melo do have abundance of 20 point first quarter games (funny how Melo only average 27 pts per). The truth is Melo has always been mediocre player in the 2nd half of games.
Melo's 40 minutes per game stops us from running a fast transition on defensive-teams, plus Melo's persistence that we walk the ball up court giving our opponent enough time to setup their defense .. is not how u win.

Melo cant get his team to have a 50 win season without a top closer like "Iverson, or Billups, or Kidd" on his roster.

Stop thinking the Knicks dont have other scorers on the roster .. as much as I didnt like the Barg trade, I will admit Barg could score inside/outside, plus we got two put-back players in MWP & K-Mart.

I stop bashing Felton when I seen in several games the Knicks TEAM are playing to get Woodson fired, and opt-out Melo traded.

Kiya remind me how I proved 3GDuMe's point again???? You point out Melo "only averages 27 points a game." Uhhhh, Melo is the SECOND leading scorer in the league after winning a scoring title last year. I think that proves my point that Melo needs some help scoring. Kmart is a defensive player, not a consistent scorer, and poor Arrtest can't even stay healthy enough to stay on the court to help this team. And the Bargs trade has been downright awful. A seven footer that can't even shoot 50% from the field. Insert Chuck here: "that's turrible." And it's not Melo's fault this team doesn't get out and run much, it's the lack of perimeter defense(Felton), interior defense(Bargs), and rebounding(Bargs again). This team gives up too many EASY buckets so you don't get the run outs that lead too easy points. I will give you that this team is really missing your MVP from last season J Kidd. Between him promoting proper spacing and also missing knockdown shooters like Novak and Copland, teams are able to zero in on Melo so by the end of games Melo is gassed.