NBA Trade Deadline....2-20-14

Broadway

All Star
Move Thread After Today. This is the thread dedicated to today's deadline deals completed.

Anyone should feel free to report legit trades and/or rumors in this thread.

tiger0330

Legend
What I find amazing is the Nets keep doing deals despite having no picks and having that huge payroll. Iman isn't going to get traded after getting hurt so it's likely the Knicks don't do any deals except picking up a D-Leaguer on a 10 day.

Blessing in disguise with Iman getting hurt, Woody will probably start THJ and I hope Prigs as the starting PG, Felton was terrible again in NO.

We're close to surviving the trade period with a terrible record and no incredibly stupid deals made. I never would have thought it was possible for the Knicks, but then again, there is still 3 and a half hours left to go. The one deal I hope we make is sending Udrih somewhere, preferably in the West, where he can play. Even with Shump hurt, I don't think he gets any decent minutes in our rotation and I think that's kinda crap for a guy who should at least be a backup point guard somewhere in the league.

Broadway

All Star
Per Wojo...agreed to yesterday

The Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Lakers have agreed upon a trade of Kent Bazemore and MarShon Brooks for Steve Blake.The Warriors have been searching for a veteran backup point guard.

Broadway

All Star
Per Brian Windhorst

The Miami Heat have been attempting to trade Roger Mason to create an open roster spot and have found an agreement with the Sacramento Kings, according to Ken Berger of CBS Sports.

Miami will receive a highly protected future second round pick from the Kings. Along with Mason, the Kings will receive cash from the Heat.

The Kings are expected to waive Mason. The Heat are expected to use the roster spot for a buyout candidate

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Per Wojo

Denver, Washington talks serious on sending Andre Miller to the Wizards for Eric Maynor and Jan Vesely, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

In 3-team deal, Washington will send Eric Maynor and two 2nd-round picks to the Sixers to complete Andre Miller trade, source tells Yahoo.

Denver stay stockpiling

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Per Marc Stein

Sources say Nuggets now proceeding w/acquisition of Beno Udrih from Knicks for Jordan Hamilton. Why DEN needed third team for Eric Maynor

Uh Oh is "Ish getting Real"

Broadway

All Star
Per Marc Stein Twitter

Charlotte has acquired Milwaukee's Luke Ridnour and Gary Neal for Ramon Sessions and Jeff Adrien, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

lol Charlotte gets almost 2 point guards in 1 deal while giving up 1 and we're looking to trade a point guard for a forward, although we've spent over year practically trying to land a true starting point guard. Oh and did Stoudemire say he wanted to play with Luke Ridnour 3yrs ago? I think so. We somehow avoided this deal while we have our nose in every trade under the sun.

And the Bobcats are who we're chasing for the last playoff spot and they are playing some good ball.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Per Marc Stein Twitter

lol Charlotte gets almost 2 point guards in 1 deal while giving up 1 and we're looking to trade a point guard for a forward, although we've spent over year practically trying to land a true starting point guard. Oh and did Stoudemire say he wanted to play with Luke Ridnour 3yrs ago? I think so. We somehow avoided this deal while we have our nose in every trade under the sun.

And the Bobcats are who we're chasing for the last playoff spot and they are playing some good ball.

I like this trade for both teams with favor to CHA.
Dont sleep on Adrian though

As usual, things are as clear as mud regarding information about the Knicks with the trade deadline come and gone. I'm reading three things: 1) Knicks make no trade 2) Shumpert and Felton are no longer Knicks 3) Shump out 6 to 8 weeks with sprained MCL. Take your pick which of those three you choose to believe. IMO, #3 seems most likely making #2 seem impossible, but you never know.

Unless some major information has yet to surface, seems like a combination of Shump's injury and a high asking price keeps the Knicks from moving anybody. Also, looks like we missed the boat on getting even a minor asset in return for Udrih, which I hope means we plan on playing him at least on occasion for the remainder of the season.

All in all, I want to see a healthy combination of Chandler, Melo, Shump, THJ, and Prigs as our starting lineup at the start of the 2014-15 season, under a much more capable coach, because that's the best I think we're going to be able to do and this inactivity at the deadline is a big step in that direction.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks dont have a GM !!!!

If the Knicks had a GM, then HC Woodson wouldve been FIRED weeks before HC Mo Cheeks.
The Knicks have a $91M cap this season with 8 decent veterans to keep the Knicks playing above .500

Plus Glen Grunwald never was a GM .. Interim Grunwald shouldve been FIRED the same day he announce the Knicks are going to let Jeremy Lin test the FA market.

Paul1355

All Star
An interesting stat that I read was that Felton has only assisted SHumpert 10 times in over 600 minutes of playing time. So even though I can't stand Iman and his hesitation to score, we can also say that Felton is yet another reason why this team is struggling.

Felton has to be dropped from hte starting rotation. Now that we are stuck with what we have, adjustments have to be made.

Either fire Woodson and his stubborn philosophies or change the starting lineup and rotations.

Pablo, Hardaway, JR, Melo, Chandler should start and finish games.

back ups- Felton, Shump, Tyler, Amare get main minutes of bench....you can even do spot minutes for guys like World Peace and Mourry

Paul1355

All Star
Unless some major information has yet to surface, seems like a combination of Shump's injury and a high asking price keeps the Knicks from moving anybody. Also, looks like we missed the boat on getting even a minor asset in return for Udrih, which I hope means we plan on playing him at least on occasion for the remainder of the season.

All in all, I want to see a healthy combination of Chandler, Melo, Shump, THJ, and Prigs as our starting lineup at the start of the 2014-15 season, under a much more capable coach, because that's the best I think we're going to be able to do and this inactivity at the deadline is a big step in that direction.
Shump has to be a back up at this point