Knicks vs Bulls - Sunday Matinee 3/2/14 - Late Emergency Game Thread

Not surprised that no one seems to be around for this one. All time amazingly bad first quarter to fall down by 25 early, but the guys, in particular STAT, show some grit to at least get it back to 11 at the half. Bulls had a hard time with our zone in the 2nd quarter, but man, Noah putting up double digit assists in the 1st half is unbelievable.

C'mon, Knicks, put on a good showing for maybe (in my fantasy land) future coach, Tom Thibs!

Great comment during the half-time show about what makes Thibs such a great coach. Basically, if you can get your team prepared and ready to play for every game, you're going to win a bunch of games just because in the NBA, a lot of the time, the other team doesn't show up. We are definitely one of those teams that just doesn't show up multiple times a month and gives the other team a freebie.

This team needs to have Thibs, even if it costs us next year's 1st round pick, unless we already have lined up JVG, SVG, or Lionel Hollins.

Great highlight of Jimmy Butler diving into the crowd to save the ball and then not being able to find an empty seat in the front row to jump back across onto the court. Butler had to run the entire length of the court to find an empty front row seat to get across and get back on the court. Never seen that before.

Lineup of Noah, Boozer, Butler, Dunleavy, and Hinrich is able to play with any unit in the league under Thibs. If Thibs were our coach and we gave him a starting lineup of Murry, THJ, Shump, Tyler, and Aldrich, he'd have us playing near 0.500 ball in the weak East and we'd all be talking about what a young, promising team we're building (again in my fantasy land).

Stat is having such a nice offensive game (7 for 8 from the field), but of course, he picks up his 3rd and 4th foul within the first 2 minutes of the 2nd half, so Woodson will likely sit him.

At least Woodson gets himself a tech going after the ref. Show some life here.

Finally getting to see that Chandler, Melo, Shump, THJ, Prigs lineup that I have wanted to see for some time. Mixed results so far, but I'd still like to see as much of these 5 guys together as possible.

Wow, Augustine is a little punk. Guy just wrapped up THJ around the neck from behind as THJ was going up for a layup on a clear path fast break. You pull that nonsense in a game like this? I hope MWP comes out of the crowd in street clothes, a la Gregg Anthony, to clothesline Augustine next time he has the ball.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Just got home, i had a very full weekend been most of the time out of town and couldn't find any time for the game threads, thanks for filling in. What's the deal with the shirts?

Just got home, i had a very full weekend been most of the time out of town and couldn't find any time for the game threads, thanks for filling in. What's the deal with the shirts?

Don't worry about it. Games like this, with how our guys are playing, aren't really worth too much of anyone's prep time.

I think it's just a jersey gimmick with a combination of the short sleeves and the Nueva York/Los Bulls deal.

What a game for Noah. Triple double, something like 14 assists. Our team can't defend the back door cut, even when they've been doing it consistently for 3 and a half quarters. This Knicks team is hard to stomach at this point.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Why doesn't Murry get more time? He really can't be any worse than Felton and Prig. Woodson has to know this.

Kiyaman

Legend
Great comment during the half-time show about what makes Thibs such a great coach. Basically, if you can get your team prepared and ready to play for every game, you're going to win a bunch of games just because in the NBA, a lot of the time, the other team doesn't show up. We are definitely one of those teams that just doesn't show up multiple times a month and gives the other team a freebie.

This team needs to have Thibs, even if it costs us next year's 1st round pick

I missed da game ....

Great strategy to have when the NBA have 15 teams with real poor Headcoaching .....
Thibs comment before the game, "Team, in the 1st qtr. we learn what not to do from watching our oponent to get the Win."
u have to admit that's some great strategy when ur in a conference with only two ledgit playoff teams.

Kiyaman

Legend
What a game for Noah. Triple double, something like 14 assists. Our team can't defend the back door cut, even when they've been doing it consistently for 3 and a half quarters. This Knicks team is hard to stomach at this point.

YEAH .. Noah been the best center in the NBA the past two seasons

Kiyaman

Legend
Finally getting to see that Chandler, Melo, Shump, THJ, Prigs lineup that I have wanted to see for some time. Mixed results so far, but I'd still like to see as much of these 5 guys together as possible.

Thats the lineup i didnt want to see at the start of the season .. I wanted to see a bench lineup of Prig/Shump/THJ/K-Mart/Amare as the 2nd-unit all season.
I been waiting all season long for a ($91M cap) 2nd unit bench lineup to outscore teams throughtout the 2nd quarter .. What do i get from Woody, the same players in the 1st quarter are playing the majority of the 2nd qtr., and 3rd qtr. .....at the end of the 3rd qtr. of a Knicks game u know who the winners are

Kiyaman

Legend
For those that missed the game .... some Rant notes

This game was over midway through the first quarter. The Bulls jumped all over the Knicks 16-1 to start the first quarter, and outscored them 37-16. The Knicks kept fighting back, because the Bulls will go through lapses and let teams stay in games. Once the lead shrunk, the Bulls would clamp down on defense and push it back out of reach. The game was never in danger for the Bulls.

Effort, heart, hustle and energy are qualities that teams need in order to be successful in professional sports. The Chicago Bulls have all those attributes, and they were on full display against the lowly New York Knicks. The Bulls jumped out very quickly on the Knicks in the first quarter and never looked back, as the Bulls beat down the Knicks at the United Center, 109-90.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
I think u got to shine Woody's shoes to get playingtime

Solely from a basketball standpoint, I don't understand. Seriously, he should play the guys who produce and want to play and who are hungry. Hardaway Jr and Murry should play more, Hell they should start.

paris401

Starter
Solely from a basketball standpoint, I don't understand. Seriously, he should play the guys who produce and want to play and who are hungry. Hardaway Jr and Murry should play more, Hell they should start.

do keep in mind we have the chucker n the Pillsbury dough boy (jr & felton) for the next 2 seasons.. unless they feel they wanta opt out for a better deal (ha-ha... now that's a funny), pecker-head (woodson) prob wants to keep em happy... or upper management (mills) has told pecker-head to play em to enhance the trade value... (even a bigger funny)...

jimkcchief88

All Star
Yep game was over before it started. I turned it on and six minutes into the game we were already down by 15. The only reason I kept the game on is the rest of my family are Bulls fans. Looks like this team has mailed it in. Shame. Melo talked about Knicks Pride in the post game, which this team has none. Now they are talking about shutting STAT down to "rest" him. So what's he been doing all season???? Averaging 10 points and 4 boards for a max player barely playing on half of the games. The Knicks problems start there. And then you look ZERO production from our backcourt. DJ Augustine was available and we made no play for him. Why I don't know but he torched us for 23 yesterday joining a long line of guards have career games against are backcourt. So we missed on Augustine twice. Once in the draft(gallinari) and again this year. Our front office FAILED us this season:(

tiger0330

Legend
Our front office FAILED us this season:([/QUOTE said:
You mean that front office where they fired the GM at the beginning of the season and brought in a guy whose major achievement was hiring a guy named Isiah Thomas and who has zero experience as an operations GM making trades, evaluating talent and negotiating salaries. And they expect to convince Melo that they have a plan to make the Knicks competitive when they can't even hire a GM.