Phil Jackson Has Officially Agreed To Join Knicks

Kiyaman

Legend
I think Phil said what we all said.....He said Melo has the ability to take his game to the NEXT level......Melo has also said he is willing to change his game to do what it takes to get to that level....

The only disagreement was that some on the board beleived he was already at that level and other thought he was not.

Thats the best way to put it .. along with Puppet-Woodson following Carmelo lead.

tiger0330

Legend
I believe that Dolan's main problem has been his willingness to listen to the wrong "experts." It is certainly not in his interest to have a bad team. He has always been willing to spend money, but the money or other assets have not been spent wisely. Dolan appears both to have and to respect loyalty. This characteristic tends to breed management personnel eager to please Dolan and who wish to endorse what appear to satisfy him. He has hired and has listened to incompetent "yes" men who prefer to please rather than advise. Jackson will be different.
I agree Jackson will be different, very impressed with that Dolan interview during the Indy game where he said when he met PJ it wasn't with the intention of hiring him as President of the Knicks but Jackson was the smartest and most knowledgable guy that he had ever spoken to about the game of basketball and that convinced him to hire him. If PJ is not the right guy to bring a winner to NY with all the championships he's won there is no hope for the Knicks.

Kiyaman

Legend
I believe that Dolan's main problem has been his willingness to listen to the wrong "experts." It is certainly not in his interest to have a bad team. He has always been willing to spend money, but the money or other assets have not been spent wisely. Dolan appears both to have and to respect loyalty. This characteristic tends to breed management personnel eager to please Dolan and who wish to endorse what appear to satisfy him. He has hired and has listened to incompetent "yes" men who prefer to please rather than advise. Jackson will be different.

All of the Knicks GM robbed Dolan big time by selling Knicks "Draft Picks" .. the value of selling a future draft-pick could help a GM by getting rid of a teammate the team dont want, plus take on a more expensive contract player from the next team, which make the next team so happy from receiving a draft pick, plus getting rid of a expensive contract.
Com'on .. the next team will give the GM a gift under the table...

jimkcchief88

All Star
I think Phil said what we all said.....He said Melo has the ability to take his game to the NEXT level......Melo has also said he is willing to change his game to do what it takes to get to that level....

The only disagreement was that some on the board beleived he was already at that level and other thought he was not.

Well and that "level" wasn't very good and was actually detrimental to the team somehow

Broadway

All Star

He hasn't come close to being at that level. He needs to be mitigated a la 2008-2009 Billups style.....unless that happens expect more and more embarrassing performing moments from a Melo led team.