Talent Of Team Being Questioned!!!!!

vrgadin

Benchwarmer
i don't think this team is crafted all that badly, as evidence by winning streaks when JR and Shumpert actually contribute. It's the little things, like not calling a timeout that leads to a loss, or putting in your entire 2nd squad that almosts costs the team the victory, or playing the same damn players all the time when they cannot play defense to save their fat ass... and not playing guys like Beno, MWP, Tour'e, Ostridge, Tyler, when they could have contributed, instead instilling lost confidence in their abilities. like not having set plays, instead leaving the game in the hands of iso-Melo, when his statistics for 4Q shooting and game-winning shots are league worst. i used to be a major supporter of coach Wood, but I lost confidence in his abilities to coach seeing how he handled players, substitutions and game-ending situations, and those are all on the coach. Felton, JR, Shumpert, 3 players who could do no wrong under coach's tutelage, whose poor play have cost the Knicks most of their losses, get more run than most players of similar output in the entire league, who should be role players coming off the bench. these are the things i blame on the coach. Accountability, which was Wood Son's calling card when he came into the HC role, has disappeared this season. his fault.

i totally agree with you, that fat potatoe head has no business as an NBA coach. he consistently leaves his favorites in no matter how poorly they are playing. I have seen games where hell put the "scrubs" in last 5 min of a blowout where felton had 15 TOs and shump was clanging bricks all day, and theyll go on a 10-2 run. I end up screaming at the television "told you so, you ****ing slob!"

Kiyaman

Legend
i don't think this team is crafted all that badly, as evidence by winning streaks when JR and Shumpert actually contribute. It's the little things, like not calling a timeout that leads to a loss, or putting in your entire 2nd squad that almosts costs the team the victory, or playing the same damn players all the time when they cannot play defense to save their fat ass... and not playing guys like Beno, MWP, Tour'e, Ostridge, Tyler, when they could have contributed, instead instilling lost confidence in their abilities. like not having set plays, instead leaving the game in the hands of iso-Melo, when his statistics for 4Q shooting and game-winning shots are league worst. i used to be a major supporter of coach Wood, but I lost confidence in his abilities to coach seeing how he handled players, substitutions and game-ending situations, and those are all on the coach. Felton, JR, Shumpert, 3 players who could do no wrong under coach's tutelage, whose poor play have cost the Knicks most of their losses, get more run than most players of similar output in the entire league, who should be role players coming off the bench. these are the things i blame on the coach. Accountability, which was Wood Son's calling card when he came into the HC role, has disappeared this season. his fault.

:agreed:
The Knicks started the 2013-14 season with a .550 team in 12 players:
PG- Felton, Prigioni, Beno
SG- Shump, JR, THJ
SF- Melo, MWP,
PF- Amare, K-Mart, Barg
C- Tyson

We used a 3-guard lineup throughout the season.
A 3 guard line-up are strictly use for running-teams to score as many points from fast-break baskets, where oponent dont have time to setup their defense.
We didnt show any signs of being a running team all season when we walk the ball upcourt on practically every offensive possession, plus we average 6 points per game from fastbreak baskets.

We had 4 reliable PF on the roster not name Melo.
How come the majority of Melo's most minute played player this season were at our PF spot?
Didnt we learn anything from the Indiana Pacers series when Hibbert/West/George scored at will on Melo?

Was it a coincidence last season when Tyson got hurt, and K-Mart replaced Tyson at center to take us on a 16-2 run?
And when Tyson is healthy to play in the postseason games, K-Mart automatically is sideline with a injury.
While Carmelo played the PF spot, lucky we had 6.10 Novak & 6.9 Copeland playing SF.

Kiyaman

Legend
I was so happy to get rid of Dantoni, that I paid less attention to Woodson coaching until the Miami series.
The 2012 offseason addition of "Old-Heads .. J.Kidd, K.Thomas, Rasheed, and Camby", automatically pushed my optimism high for the Knicks 2012-13 season of winning the Atlantic Division Title, plus advancing to the 2nd round of the playoff. And the midseason add-on of Kenyon Martin was all the insurance needed for a elite winning season.
My high optimism had nothing to do with the Knicks BIG-3 or Woodson coaching.

All the "Old-Heads" were gone to start the 2013-14 season, which meant the Knicks players were depending solely on the coaching-staff leadership, and strategic plans.
The Knicks coaching-staff flopped in the summer games, flopped in the preseason games, and embarrassed the Knicks organization in the regular season games.

The Knicks coaching-staff let Carmelo Anthony call all the shots on the court for 42 minutes of every game in 2013-14. Carmelo Anthony have to many FLAWS in his performance to call shots for 60 seconds in a game.
That's the reason why the Denver Nuggets paid all that money $$$ to team-leadership-stars Kenyon Martin, Allen Iverson, and Billups to call the shots for the Denver Nuggets scoring star Carmelo Anthony.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Our thrashing of the Kidd's Nets proves this team has talent. I heard an interesting stat during the game:this years Knicks team has ten 20 point wins and ten 20 point losses and that's only happened 3 times in NBA history. JR says he is healthy for the first time this season so we will go as far as Melo/JR/STAT can carry us and our supporting cast of Tyson/Timmy Jr/Shump/Feltip can pitch in to help

jimkcchief88

All Star
Another interesting stat I heard during our thrashing of the Nets: Melo averaging 28 points and 8 boards a game while leading the NBA in minutes. Last player to average 28/8 was SHAQ 13 years ago. Let that marinade for a moment Melo haters....

jimkcchief88

All Star
That means you Kiya since your pic 3GdumE aka one shot aka "board Titan" lol:) has fallen off the map again. Can you at least stifle your Melo hate for Sundays' old school matinee matchup against the Heat????#playoff run

Kiyaman

Legend
That means you Kiya since your pic 3GdumE aka one shot aka "board Titan" lol:) has fallen off the map again. Can you at least stifle your Melo hate for Sundays' old school matinee matchup against the Heat????#playoff run

No comment on a Knicks game @ 1 o'clock on sunday, the results are already in on afternoon games.

When the $91M cap Knicks record became 21-40 .. 85% of Knicks Fans fell off the map.
The 40 losses meant the Knicks had to go on a 20-1 run for the remainder of the season to finish as a .500 team.

Here's another interesting stat .......
Shaq has a career of being a 32 minute player, who didn't need his teammates to box-out to grab a rebound, 89% of Shaq's career scoring came from inside-scoring (58% fg), the 11% came from Hack-A-Shaq.
Shaq never had to take 25 fga to score 30 points like ur boy Melo.

There's no justification for a 45 minute player ballhoggin the ball in every lineup the coach put on the court in every game this season, plus Melo's high influence in the organization has force Puppet-Woodson to medical DNP certain players who debate the ISO-Melo system, this way Melo could run a dead-beat isolation system for 45 minutes where all Knicks opponents know what Knicks player is shooting the ball.
Melo's ballhoggin shooting shot us 40 LOSSES in 61 games......

jimkcchief88

All Star
No comment on a Knicks game @ 1 o'clock on sunday, the results are already in on afternoon games.

When the $91M cap Knicks record became 21-40 .. 85% of Knicks Fans fell off the map.
The 40 losses meant the Knicks had to go on a 20-1 run for the remainder of the season to finish as a .500 team.

Here's another interesting stat .......
Shaq has a career of being a 32 minute player, who didn't need his teammates to box-out to grab a rebound, 89% of Shaq's career scoring came from inside-scoring (58% fg), the 11% came from Hack-A-Shaq.
Shaq never had to take 25 fga to score 30 points like ur boy Melo.

There's no justification for a 45 minute player ballhoggin the ball in every lineup the coach put on the court in every game this season, plus Melo's high influence in the organization has force Puppet-Woodson to medical DNP certain players who debate the ISO-Melo system, this way Melo could run a dead-beat isolation system for 45 minutes where all Knicks opponents know what Knicks player is shooting the ball.
Melo's ballhoggin shooting shot us 40 LOSSES in 61 games......

Well since you already know we are gonna lose Sunday, how about Saturday's Megaball numbers???:)

skisloper

Starter
Well since you already know we are gonna lose Sunday, how about Saturday's Megaball numbers???:)

If you listen to Phil Jackson he said Melo needs to be a leader off the court, in the locker room........seems like Phil is Kiya.............One does question even when we are down by 30 why Melo sees 40 minutes......

jimkcchief88

All Star
I don't remember that from the presser; I do remember Phil saying he believes Melo has another level...If Phil was Kiya he would have already traded Melo for a box of ROCKS:)

Kiyaman

Legend
If you listen to Phil Jackson he said Melo needs to be a leader off the court, in the locker room........seems like Phil is Kiya.............One does question even when we are down by 30 why Melo sees 40 minutes......

Playing for season ...........
stats stats stats stats stats

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't remember that from the presser; I do remember Phil saying he believes Melo has another level...If Phil was Kiya he would have already traded Melo for a box of ROCKS:)

The offseason is coming, u need to hope the CAA provide Melo with a great representer to stay a Knicks

Broadway

All Star

Woodson has been terrible for that very reason....NO ACCOUNTABILITY and the few times he tried, he henpecked which players to do this to.

But no question the players in particular, those so-called leaders of this team failed miserably... made playoffs included. You don't play for 8th seeds with a capped out roster and no assets in the fold for the future. No one agreed with any critic prior to season's begin who had us pegged lower than a 5th seed. The expectations lowered so greatly this season now we're crowning this team if they snag the HateSeed.

I think what has contributed to some fan tension and dissension when we try to split the pie chart of blame, when everyone is at fault...EVERYONE!!!!

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Woodson has been terrible for that very reason....NO ACCOUNTABILITY and the few times he tried to he henpecked which players to do this to.

But no question the players in particular those so-called leaders of this team failed miserably made playoffs included. You don't play for 8th seeds with a capped out roster and no assets in the fold for the future. No one agreed with any critic prior to season's begin who had us pegged lower than a 5th seed. The expectations lowered so greatly this season now we're crowning this team if they snag the HateSeed.

I think what has contributed to some fan tension and dissension when we try to split the pie chart of blame, when everyone is at fault...EVERYONE!!!!

I guess Beno, MWP, and Kenyon Martin seen this coming, and wanted no part of it.

It wasn't a BAD season ..when its cause/effect added Phil Jax to take the future of the "Knicks Team" out of James Dolan's hands.

Kiyaman

Legend
A season without any team chemistry on offense/defense (33 win season).
A season without the players and coaches being on the same-page.
A season so embarrassing the fans protest the owner, to the point the NBA brass had to hire the Wizard of B.ball as president.
A season of individual (isolation) b.ball, where either ISO-Melo or ISO-JR were on the court throughout every 48 minute lineup controlling the offense.

Kiyaman

Legend
The majority of (playoff teams and non playoff teams) for their final 5 games has been giving 10 players 20 minutes of playing-time in each of the final 5 games of the regular season. WHY?

Last night, our coach Woodson who been eliminated from making the playoffs on Friday only gave 9 players playing-time in sunday game with only 7 Knicks players receiving 20+ minutes of playing-time. Is there something wrong with this type of coaching with 3 games remaining in a no playoff season?
This type of coaching are for small-market teams who have to use 8 or less players in their rotation to win, bc half of the roster are quality NBA players, and the other half of the roster are develop cheap players from the D.League.

At the beginning of the Knicks 2013-14 season, I was worried about how Woodson was goin to give 12 players equal playingtime throughout the season??? Woodson Failed!

All 12 names (on bottom) expected decent playing-time in 20 games of our first 25 games to start the season, expecting to be rotated in different lineups to get on the same-page at the start of the season. It never happen.
We started the season with 11 experience vets expecting vets minutes in a vets lineup to GELL in a same-page system. Our new vets did not expect to be a part of Woodson's spot-minute program, playing in every other-other game.

1) Tyson
2) Amare
3) K-Mart (resign)
4) Barg (pickup)
5) Melo
6) MWP (pickup)
7) JR (resign)
8) Shump
9) Prig (resign)
10) Beno (pickup)
11) Felton
12) Rookie THJ, or Cole, or T.Murry

Woodson -8 man rotation throughout the 2013-14 season with Melo or JR in every lineup in each game lead to a 35 win season.

Who at the start of the season was expecting to see a so-call defensive-coach Woodson put in a GELLIN defensive-lineup of "Tyson/K-Mart/MWP/Shump/Prig" on the court in all our crunchtime game this season for the WIN???
I wanted to see all 5 of the Knicks best defensive-players in a lineup this season, it never happen...

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The majority of (playoff teams and non playoff teams) for their final 5 games has been giving 10 players 20 minutes of playing-time in each of the final 5 games of the regular season. WHY?

Last night, our coach Woodson who been eliminated from making the playoffs on Friday only gave 9 players playing-time in sunday game with only 7 Knicks players receiving 20+ minutes of playing-time. Is there something wrong with this type of coaching with 3 games remaining in a no playoff season?
This type of coaching are for small-market teams who have to use 8 or less players in their rotation to win, bc half of the roster are quality NBA players, and the other half of the roster are develop cheap players from the D.League.

At the beginning of the Knicks 2013-14 season, I was worried about how Woodson was goin to give 12 players equal playingtime throughout the season??? Woodson Failed!

All 12 names (on bottom) expected decent playing-time in 20 games of our first 25 games to start the season, expecting to be rotated in different lineups to get on the same-page at the start of the season. It never happen.
We started the season with 11 experience vets expecting vets minutes in a vets lineup to GELL in a same-page system. Our new vets did not expect to be a part of Woodson's spot-minute program, playing in every other-other game.

1) Tyson
2) Amare
3) K-Mart (resign)
4) Barg (pickup)
5) Melo
6) MWP (pickup)
7) JR (resign)
8) Shump
9) Prig (resign)
10) Beno (pickup)
11) Felton
12) Rookie THJ, or Cole, or T.Murry

Woodson -8 man rotation throughout the 2013-14 season with Melo or JR in every lineup in each game lead to a 35 win season.

Who at the start of the season was expecting to see a so-call defensive-coach Woodson put in a GELLIN defensive-lineup of "Tyson/K-Mart/MWP/Shump/Prig" on the court in all our crunchtime game this season for the WIN???
I wanted to see all 5 of the Knicks best defensive-players in a lineup this season, it never happen...
Woodson, man. Can't blame him entirely, but his bad decisions were painfully obvious. There's absolutely no good reason why the Knicks didn't make the Playoffs. In fact they should have been at least fighting for the 6th seed.

We don't know all the "puppet" and "biased" stuff, but we do however know, that this team was not coached the way it was supposed to. I don't claim to be a basketball expert, it's just common sense.