tyson_chandler.png

bradley_beal.png
amare_stoudemire.png

john_wall.png
raymond_felton.png

Injury Report
New York Knicks
Washington Wizards
Andrea Bargnani - Torn Ligament, Left Elbow (OUT)NENE - SPRAINED MCL LEFT KNEE (OUT)
Kenyon Martin - Post-surgery, right foot (OUT)

Today in Knicks history
180322918.jpg

April 4, 1993Down by six points with less than three minutes to go in regulation, the Knicks rally for a 108-103 overtime triumph at San Antonio. Doc Rivers leads the way with a season high 24 points.

Recent meetings

December 16, 2014The Washington Wizards outlasted the New York Knicks in a nail biter as Carmelo Anthony?s buzzer beater rimmed out which clinched the 102-101 victory for the Wizards at Madison Square Garden. Carmelo Anthony paced the New York Knicks with 32 points, five rebounds and three assists over 42 minutes. Carmelo Anthony has led the team in points in every game this season. This is the first time a players has led his team in points in 24 straight games since Nate ?Tiny? Archibald in the 1972-73 season. J.R. Smith posted 18 points on 5-11 shooting from down town over 37 minutes. This was the most Smith has scored since Nov. 20 versus Indiana (21 points). Tim Hardaway Jr. recorded 14 points on 5-6 shooting over 22 minutes. Washington was led by Martell Webster?s 30 points on 9-13 shooting (6-8 3PT) and five rebounds over 36 minutes. Bradley Beal posted 21 minutes, including the final Wizards eight points, on 9-16 shooting over 30 minutes. John Wall added 20 points and eight assists over 33 minutes. Bradley Beal rallied the Wizards from four down with two minutes to go scoring the teams final eight points including the game-winning layup with :06.9 left in the game. Carmelo Anthony?s last ditched effort fell short as time expired giving Washington the 102-101 victory over New York at the Garden
November 13, 2013After taking a 52-49 lead into the break, the turning point of the game came when the Knicks were outscored in the third quarter 27-17 and were never able to recover as they were defeated 98-89 by the Washington Wizards at the Verizon Center. Carmelo Anthony led the Knicks with 23 points and 12 rebounds over 41 with for a double-double. J.R. Smith posted 15 points and three rebounds over 30 minutes. Washington was paced by John Wall?s 31 points and seven assists over 40 minutes. Martell Webster added 19 points on 5-10 from down town.

Broadway

All Star
This is a winnable game. I'll never forget the last game at the Garden where Melo/Woodson/Beno had an EPIC collapse to close the game out. I also didn't realize how accurate ESPN may end up being about our team when it appeared we were trying our best to prove them wrong by falling several games shy of it.

Broadway

All Star
He's simply been an absolute disaster on final possessions this year. He's easily cost us several games this year on last play execution.....

Oh Well!!!!!!

petescud

Starter
ouch...this one hurts

Beal again, kills us

on a positive note, if you told me Melo had 10 pts this game, i would had thought we weren't in the game and it was a blow out

Broadway

All Star
ouch...this one hurts

Beal again, kills us

on a positive note, if you told me Melo had 10 pts this game, i would had thought we weren't in the game and it was a blow out

I can't see any positive in what you said especially since our players outside of Melo's production have been bringing it during our stretch of winning. What has been stated is that if Melo has a bad game we have no chance to win, which isn't true... more mythical when looking at our wins on the year.

I guess much the same in Melo needing a running mate J.R. does too huh? Where was Earl's ROBIN, where was the player to take the pressure off of him? Why didn't he get the ball on the last play considering the game he had? Matter of fact if you look up J.R.'s numbers after his first 30gms....he's been pretty good. Of course this team is ran just the way the fans root for them.... HERO BALL and it's pretty much doomed us the entire season.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Last night disapointment makes tomorrow's matinee showdown a must-win....oh and thanks for the JINX 3G....yes I am blaming you as we were on a 3 game winning streak while you were hiding...and yes as stated before we ain't winning without our MVP Melo having usual great games...Lebron has off games, but he has Dwade and Bosh to pick him up. Who has Melo had all season to him up??? Nobody as evidenced by Melo's minutes load. It's great JR, STAT and company are FINALLY picking up thier production, but it might be a case of too little, too late. If we miss the playoffs this year, it won't be because of the NBA's minutes leader and second leading scorer. It will be because the other 11 guys on this roster didn't play to their potential on chief....

jimkcchief88

All Star
Oh and I guess it's Melo's shoulder acting up again:(. But like I say unlike Lebron Melo has no choice but to play because there is NO ONE else to pick up the slack. Take last night for example, Melo at 50% still has to be on the floor for us to have a shot because he draws so much attention from opposing defenses. If Melo sits out, JR isn't free to drop 30+++. That's why Melo is leading the league in minutes. Not because "iso-Melo" ballhogging, it's because you can't count on the rest of our roster on a nightly basis. JR is just starting to come around a week before the playoffs. "Mr Sore Knees" STAT hasn't played starter minutes ALL SEASON for his 20+++ million:( And don't get me started on the Bargiani trade....The Craptors are in the playoffs because they unloaded thier garbage on us. If you think Melo wants to miss the playoffs for the first time in his career and have to hear Colin Cowherd and the rest if the no-nothing talking heads talk snack you guys are crazy...

Kiyaman

Legend
Oh and I guess it's Melo's shoulder acting up again:(. But like I say unlike Lebron Melo has no choice but to play because there is NO ONE else to pick up the slack. Take last night for example, Melo at 50% still has to be on the floor for us to have a shot because he draws so much attention from opposing defenses. If Melo sits out, JR isn't free to drop 30+++. That's why Melo is leading the league in minutes. Not because "iso-Melo" ballhogging, it's because you can't count on the rest of our roster on a nightly basis. JR is just starting to come around a week before the playoffs. "Mr Sore Knees" STAT hasn't played starter minutes ALL SEASON for his 20+++ million:( And don't get me started on the Bargiani trade....The Craptors are in the playoffs because they unloaded thier garbage on us. If you think Melo wants to miss the playoffs for the first time in his career and have to hear Colin Cowherd and the rest if the no-nothing talking heads talk snack you guys are crazy...

I watch the game over my boys house where there's lots of ole Trevor Ariza fans pointing-out Ariza defensive tactics on Melo.
They counted 11 Melo turnovers, but only 9 were on the stat sheet .. plus the change of the game was when Woody took Amare out the game to put in Melo having a 5 point lead, with 7 min remaining in the 4th qtr.. Melo became our only BIG on the court.
Amare walked off the court upset, and the next 3 offensive possession went to Melo to give the Wizards a 2 point lead.
President Phil Jax had no emotion on his face watching the Knicks poor performance the final 6 minutes of the game.
The Knicks last two plays of the game explain our losing season .. a team that never practice plays!

skisloper

Starter

Chief do u really not see the pattern after watching last night.....Melo was having a crap game...it happens...
But we go up by 3 and Woody takes Stat out and puts Melo in....Clyde Frazier could not believe...
Then MELO who has had a crap game, His shoulder injured brings up the ball for the next 5 minutes....he has a bad pass, offensive foul and then loses the ball on the last play.........WOODY and MELO are on th e exact same page and its called LOW BBALL IQ IN Crunch SITUATIONS......I mean the Wizards coach says to his team Melo is getting the ball so play defense......Could u just imagine a Real coach creating a play or using Melo as a decoy but not WOODY.....its hand the ball off to Melo and have him MISS AGAIN in the 4th quarter....

NO doubt Melo is an incredible Basketball player....and IF Phil Jackson keeps him I do believe he will make MELO into what we all know he could be......BUT after last night Phil has to wonder if he can even do it.....

why oh why was a hurt Melo playing PG for the last 5 minutes.....makes no sense....he attracts so many defenders so why have him only attract one when bringing up the ball....YES ON WOODY and WOODY will never be a head coach again....

*** as for knicks scoring without Melo....remember the Non-starters of the NBA LAKERS WHO TOOK US FOR 127......

jimkcchief88

All Star
Chief do u really not see the pattern after watching last night.....Melo was having a crap game...it happens...
But we go up by 3 and Woody takes Stat out and puts Melo in....Clyde Frazier could not believe...
Then MELO who has had a crap game, His shoulder injured brings up the ball for the next 5 minutes....he has a bad pass, offensive foul and then loses the ball on the last play.........WOODY and MELO are on th e exact same page and its called LOW BBALL IQ IN Crunch SITUATIONS......I mean the Wizards coach says to his team Melo is getting the ball so play defense......Could u just imagine a Real coach creating a play or using Melo as a decoy but not WOODY.....its hand the ball off to Melo and have him MISS AGAIN in the 4th quarter....

NO doubt Melo is an incredible Basketball player....and IF Phil Jackson keeps him I do believe he will make MELO into what we all know he could be......BUT after last night Phil has to wonder if he can even do it.....

why oh why was a hurt Melo playing PG for the last 5 minutes.....makes no sense....he attracts so many defenders so why have him only attract one when bringing up the ball....YES ON WOODY and WOODY will never be a head coach again....

*** as for knicks scoring without Melo....remember the Non-starters of the NBA LAKERS WHO TOOK US FOR 127......

You just made my point:"he attracts so many defenders". If a Melo is not on the floor than the defense focus turns to the rest of our inferior scorers...like I keep saying" who else can score the ball????" JR is still 5 points below is average last year..."SoreKnees" probably reached his "minutes limit" which is why he came out. Not like STAT had ever been a defensive stopper in the first place...And please get over that Laker game...We just beat the brakes off the crosstown Nets by the same margin....I honestly am "threw" with talking hoops with you guys because it's crazy. I hope MELO packs it in on Sunday like you guys have on this season so you can see what the " Melo- less" KNICKS look like. On Chief Melo should sit and kick it on Sunday next to Bargiani and take pictures, collect his check and keep it moving real talk:(

jimkcchief88

All Star
I watch the game over my boys house where there's lots of ole Trevor Ariza fans pointing-out Ariza defensive tactics on Melo.
They counted 11 Melo turnovers, but only 9 were on the stat sheet .. plus the change of the game was when Woody took Amare out the game to put in Melo having a 5 point lead, with 7 min remaining in the 4th qtr.. Melo became our only BIG on the court.
Amare walked off the court upset, and the next 3 offensive possession went to Melo to give the Wizards a 2 point lead.
President Phil Jax had no emotion on his face watching the Knicks poor performance the final 6 minutes of the game.
The Knicks last two plays of the game explain our losing season .. a team that never practice plays!
See above post

Kiyaman

Legend
Last night disapointment makes tomorrow's matinee showdown a must-win....oh and thanks for the JINX 3G....yes I am blaming you as we were on a 3 game winning streak while you were hiding...and yes as stated before we ain't winning without our MVP Melo having usual great games...Lebron has off games, but he has Dwade and Bosh to pick him up. Who has Melo had all season to him up??? Nobody as evidenced by Melo's minutes load. It's great JR, STAT and company are FINALLY picking up thier production, but it might be a case of too little, too late. If we miss the playoffs this year, it won't be because of the NBA's minutes leader and second leading scorer. It will be because the other 11 guys on this roster didn't play to their potential on chief....

Never match (a 60%) Melo with (a 100%) Lebron or (a 99%) DWade, thats like matching Reggie Miller with either Pippin or Jordan.
Thats a lopsided matchup.

Melo had no help from his teammates for two important reason:
1) Melo (just like Marbury) dont practice with his teammates.
2) Melo started the season off being a BALL-HOGGER for 45+ minutes in each of the first 30 games.
At the beginning of the season u heard every commentator say, "Melo have his teammates standing around on offense.".
In the middle of the season, u heard several commentator say, "Melo's high minutes and touch of the ball should be averaging 5 to 7 assist per game.".

We had strong rebounders in Tyson, K-Mart, Amare, and MWP, why weren't they assigned to be our defensive-rebounders in training-camp, and the pre-season games?

Kiyaman

Legend
You just made my point:"he attracts so many defenders". If a Melo is not on the floor than the defense focus turns to the rest of our inferior scorers...like I keep saying" who else can score the ball????" JR is still 5 points below is average last year..."SoreKnees" probably reached his "minutes limit" which is why he came out. Not like STAT had ever been a defensive stopper in the first place...And please get over that Laker game...We just beat the brakes off the crosstown Nets by the same margin....I honestly am "threw" with talking hoops with you guys because it's crazy. I hope MELO packs it in on Sunday like you guys have on this season so you can see what the " Melo- less" KNICKS look like. On Chief Melo should sit and kick it on Sunday next to Bargiani and take pictures, collect his check and keep it moving real talk:(

u dont get it .. if I worked for the NBA in any capacity then I would have to defend and justify all Melo's flaws (just like u) to keep my steady paycheck. But I dont.
We all should know Dolan invested millions $$$ on Melo receiving outstanding publicity throughout his Knicks contract as the wall paper of the Knicks.
For u not to know or admit the high minutes of playing time given to a stat pushing star Melo had 95% to do with each of the 44 losses this season, then ur B.Ball IQ will be in question.
The only help Melo needs is a player that is going to keep the ball out of Melo's hand, plus a headcoach who have confidence in lineups without Melo.

Lastnight Loss wouldve been a Knicks win if Woody would've told Melo to sit back down on the bench during the 4th qtr., until his name was called.

skisloper

Starter

So as a coach u put your star player in who is having an aweful game because he is injuerd, then you see him grimace everytime he tocuhes the ball, so then you have him bring up the ball every time and then you have him take the last second shot with no set play.....whats your logic ?

skisloper

Starter
u dont get it .. if I worked for the NBA in any capacity then I would have to defend and justify all Melo's flaws (just like u) to keep my steady paycheck. But I dont.
We all should know Dolan invested millions $$$ on Melo receiving outstanding publicity throughout his Knicks contract as the wall paper of the Knicks.
For u not to know or admit the high minutes of playing time given to a stat pushing star Melo had 95% to do with each of the 44 losses this season, then ur B.Ball IQ will be in question.
The only help Melo needs is a player that is going to keep the ball out of Melo's hand, plus a headcoach who have confidence in lineups without Melo.

Lastnight Loss wouldve been a Knicks win if Woody would've told Melo to sit back down on the bench during the 4th qtr., until his name was called.

Clyde Frazier said it about 3 times why is Woody making s Subsitiution when the 5 guys on the floor have such continuity and have given the Knicks a 5 point lead........CHIEF do u disagree ? I mean u want to talk about Basketball IQ......if something is working and looking really good why oh why WOULD U RUSH TO PUT IN AN INJURED PLAYER WHO IS STRUGGLING THE WHOLE GAME ...9 TURNOVERS....Thats not characteritics of Melos game....so obviously something is wrong......

U more then anyone worry about scoring....the guys on the floor went up by 5 SO YES someone was scoring.