What role-players in postseason games Phil Jax should trade for?

Kiyaman

Legend
Watching the first-round playoff, I notice a few decent bench role-players that would be a great asset on the Knicks in our offseason rebuilding.

Phil Jax has the wit & power to trade a few players plus a couple of our expensive one year contracts for a few decent winning role-players like Reggie Jackson & Derek Fisher, or Darren Collison & Big Baby, to give us a balance winning roster next season.
There will be a lot of movement from the teams that didnt make the playoff, and teams that got knocked out of the playoff in the first round. Phil Jax should take advantage of such movements by way of 3 to 5 team trades.

Im looking forward to seeing Lamar Odom coach our Summer League Games as a player.
Look for the first signs of the "Triangle" in the summer games.

Kiyaman

Legend
I like the BLEACHER Report on "What the 2014-2015 New York Knicks Could Look Like".

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2032 ... rogramming

Trading Tyson/Felton on draft night to Philly for their 10th pick to select Syracuse 6.2 PG Tyler Ennis
Trading Melo/JR to Houston for Lin, Parsons, Asik
The Knicks 2014-15 new Starting lineup "Ennis, Shump, Parson, Amare, Asik, 6th man Lin" ..
Thats a well rounded postseason lineup.
The Knicks having bench-players Cole/Barg/THJ/???/???/??? could make us a ECF team with Steve Kerr as the head-coach.

What u think?

petescud

Starter
I like the BLEACHER Report on "What the 2014-2015 New York Knicks Could Look Like".

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2032 ... rogramming

Trading Tyson/Felton on draft night to Philly for their 10th pick to select Syracuse 6.2 PG Tyler Ennis
Trading Melo/JR to Houston for Lin, Parsons, Asik
The Knicks 2014-15 new Starting lineup "Ennis, Shump, Parson, Amare, Asik, 6th man Lin" ..
Thats a well rounded postseason lineup.
The Knicks having bench-players Cole/Barg/THJ/???/???/??? could make us a ECF team with Steve Kerr as the head-coach.

What u think?

I like the ideas, especially Lin and Parsons with their upside, being so young. I don't think this immediately
makes us a playoff team though, unless the east is even worst next year, but it does commit to the rebuilding process which at the moment looks really bleak...You have to know you can't depend on Amar'e playing more then 1/3 of the year. I think players we could had picked up this year that would had helped us on the cheap was DJ Augustin and Drew Gooden. Why they passed i have no idea

Kiyaman

Legend
I like the ideas, especially Lin and Parsons with their upside, being so young. I don't think this immediately
makes us a playoff team though, unless the east is even worst next year, but it does commit to the rebuilding process which at the moment looks really bleak...You have to know you can't depend on Amar'e playing more then 1/3 of the year. I think players we could had picked up this year that would had helped us on the cheap was DJ Augustin and Drew Gooden. Why they passed i have no idea

I think Lin, Parson, Asik in a lineup with another scorer and defender are playoff bound in the East or West.
Getting over the big hump (Heats) in the East, may be their only problem.

Amare will give 75+ games in his final contract season, especially if Kerr is the head-coach.
DJ Augustine & Drew Gooden would have done the same thing Beno & MWP did, ask to leave.
No player on the Knicks roster this season wanted to be apart of the 48 minutes of ISO-Melo Ball-Hoggin system, not even JRsmith. Woodson got FIRED for being Melo's puppet.

Some people are on crack. Who would give up a nice 6th lottery pick for chandler who is guaranteed to get injured and felton who sucks, one of worst players in league, just pals with Woodson?

Kiyaman

Legend
Some people are on crack. Who would give up a nice 6th lottery pick for chandler who is guaranteed to get injured and felton who sucks, one of worst players in league, just pals with Woodson?

I dont know all about that .. Chandler may not be worth a penny over $10M per, but Chandler's a big-body in the paint worth a first round pick. Chandler has been coached wrong in NY., a wise winning coach saves Chandler big minutes of playingtime for the 2nd half of the game when u really need his defensive tactics, and hard fouls.
Bill Cartwright tutor-coach Tyson Chandler to play the same type of position coach Phil Jackson taught Cartwright to play to get MJ & Pippin their first 3 championship rings.

Raymond Felton is a tier-2 PG, u bring off the bench for less than 24 minutes per game.
In 2010-11 trade deadline the Knicks were suppose to trade for a veteran combo-guard, or a starting PG. The Knicks were not suppose to get involve with the Melo-trade.
Felton would be the perfect veteran backup for M.Carter-Williams.

The starting PG I would trade for are .. Conley, Lawson, or Rubio. I want $15M Lin as our backup.
We dont need a SG, we have Shump & THJ .. Shump's best as our 6th man and 4th qtr. Finisher.
We are in desperate need of a starting SF, Deng would be perfect.
Our perimeter PF/PG Carmelo Anthony has to leave NY forever (no SF skills as a team-player).
I would like to trade for Gibson to come off the bench as our backup SF/PF. Amare could start.
I would like to keep Chandler, but he's TWO-Face in the lockerroom.
Plus Chandler's worth in a trade are to valuable to turn down in the offseason.
Centers in the NBA are becoming "instinct", which has made the NBA weak, and a water-down league.
To keep Barg & Cole as our centers we must sign a veteran old-head player/coach center Nazr.

Kiyaman

Legend
Will Phil Jax force Melo to keep his promise of opting-out?
Its practically 3 months since Phil took Knicks President job.
Phil fired entire coaching-staff, and let Knicks starting PG-Felton know he will be traded.
Phil's comment on Melo taking less salary to stay a Knicks may be the outcome of Melo staying a Knicks.

Without Melo & Felton, the Knicks are under contract to 7 Knicks players in the offseason, and 5 of the 7 Knicks players only have one year left on their contract.
A one year contract player has always been easy to trade in the offseason or regular season.
Phil Jackson has the opportunity to empty-house or clean-house in the offseason, regular season, or next offseason.