Possible Trade Moves to free cap:
- Andrea Bargnani to Mavericks, Orlando, even Denver...
- Tyson Chandler to Lakers, Wizards or Trail Blazers could all be options...
- J.R. Smith to Dallas, Miami, or Phoenix could be options...
- Raymond Felton to Orlando, Lakers, or void contract(legal issues)...
- Amare Stoudemire to Bucks(for Larry Sanders), Phoenix, Detroit...
The Knicks could eye these free agents:
SG: Jodie Meeks
SF: Wesley Johnson
C: Chris Kaman
PG: Steve Blake
PF: Pau Gasol
The Knicks should re-sign these free agents:
SF: Earl Clark
PF: Kenyon Martin (Early Bird Rights)
C: Jeremy Tyler (Qualifying Offer)
PG: Toure Murry (Qualifying Offer)
The Knicks could trade for these players:
PG: Chauncey Billups (Detroit)
C: Larry Sanders (Milwaukee)
In the end the 2014-15 Knicks could look like this: (with Melo)
PG: Prigioni/S. Blake
SF: Wesley Johnson/Lamar Odom
PF: Kenyon Martin/Earl Clark
C: Jeremy Tyler/Chris Kaman
Wesley Johnson/ Shumpert/ Hardaway < one of these three to be the new 6th man...
The players that would have more than one year on this roster would be:
- Carmelo Anthony (assuming he re-signs with the team)
- Wesley Johnson
- Larry Sanders (4yrs $44 M - 11 flat annual)
- Tim Hardaway (Rookie Contract)
- Pablo Prigioni
Heading into the 2015 season, the Knicks will have some flexibility to add another contract like Rondo, Love or Aldridge...