[Article] Lenny Just Holding On

rady

Administrator
Staff member
NY Daily News said:
When Isiah Thomas said he was keeping Lenny Wilkens around, maybe he meant until the end of the week.
After the Knicks disgraced themselves last night by losing to the team with the worst record in the NBA, a team that can't score playing 5-on-0, Wilkens' seat now should be hotter than the baseball hot stove has been around here lately.

Sure, the Knicks don't have their full roster. But when they can't beat the Hornets, who were 3-29 and 23-1/2 games out of first in the Southwest Division before their 88-82 win at the Garden, someone has to be held accountable.

http://www.knicksonline.com/getart.php?id=2080

Trin_Starr

Starter
Lenny needs to adopt Doc Rivers' mindset -

Quote from Boston Herald:
Rivers benched his starters for a long stretch against the Bulls, saying later, ``You have to play defense if you want to play on this team. . . . If you don't defend, you don't play on this team anymore. They know.''
You perform on the floor, you play. You don't perform on the floor, you don't play. To me, that's the way it should be. This is a competition. It's not only a competition against the other team. It's always a competition for minutes.

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
When Chaney was fired I was interested in Doc Rivers at the time, he was free of course...... But now idk who and idk if he would work with this team anyway....

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
its funny how big egotistical GM's like to pick their head coaches/managers. isiah picks lenny wilkens. omar minaya picks willie randolph. the GM's just wanna be the big bosses and want managers that they can treat like puppets. i cant believe that no one complained about willie randolph being chosen as the new coach of the mets. and lenny wilkens, man, that guy is like 70. come on.

in sports, i dont think head coaches really can do much if they just dont have the talent on the roster. but still, picking a "yes-man" type coach just because u want to have that ego and dont want to hire someone (say Phil Jackson) who might clash with u is a little silly.

WiL8000

Rotation player
Just fire Lenny Already!!! I can't stand the way he coaches, poor decision making, he can't even instruct his players when to foul in a game, need I say more.