The Official Bring Lebron to the Knicks thread

jimkcchief88

All Star
I agree. Makes sense. Lebron during the Finals looked like Melo did ALL season: tired of trying to carry a team to no avail.:( Neither Melo or LBJ can beat any Western Champion, weather it's San Antonio, OKC, Clippers, Houston, Portland, Golden State, on there own. The two need each other to get their next Championship or the West will rule for the next five years. I hope it's in NY. Do your thing Phil.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
lebron makes a good 30 mil or more off the court, have him sign the mle with us for a season roughly 6 mil and his endorsements could double and offset the lower salary for playing in ny

jimkcchief88

All Star
That's what I'm talkin about....I guess we would have find a way to move move Amare, Chandler, and Bargiani to get it done. Broussard continued that Dallas would be interested in Chandler, Philly in Amare, and someone could shove Andrea in front of an oncoming subway train on his way back from little Italy grabbing some canolli:)

tiger0330

Legend
That's what I'm talkin about....I guess we would have find a way to move move Amare, Chandler, and Bargiani to get it done. Broussard continued that Dallas would be interested in Chandler, Philly in Amare, and someone could shove Andrea in front of an oncoming subway train on his way back from little Italy grabbing some canolli:)
lol Politically incorrect but funny none the less. :)

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Lebron would have to take a pay cut to come to New York, he might be willing but a S&T would have to be on the table with Miami to make it happen... The Heat would have to accept at least two contracts like J.R. Smith or Raymond Felton with Tyson Chandler to make it work... Could go the route of offering J.R. Smith, Raymond Felton & Andrea Bargnani but both scenarios are highly unlikely... Then it would make sense that Carmelo Anthony re-ups with New York to play side by side with Lebron...

The Knicks still have the option of trading Shumpert then in the draft acquire a replacement PG for Felton who could be capable of starting his rookie season along side both Melo & Bron with Tyler spot starting with Stat at Center if Tyson is involved with that trade otherwise Melo at the 3, Bron at the 4 with Chandler at the 5 opens the door for Murry or Prospect at the Point with Hardaway at the 2... Hardway could also spot start at Point Guard with Fisher being the Head Coach guiding him to run the position... Signing a veteran point to start could be in the options as well...

I just don't see it happening... But if it did it would be along these lines...

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Here is an interesting take on bringing Lebron to the Knicks...

Sign Lebron one year $3.3 M and then re-sign Melo to a competitive contract, come next year re-sign Lebron to a quality worth contract and find a third piece to the puzzle...

Wonder if this would be possible and if James would consider this type of move, if it is all about winning championships and not about the money... The possibility of Lebron playing with Melo in New York might not be as dim as first thought, lol...

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
First step to possibly giving Lebron a chance to head to New York with this Dallas deal almost completed opening other deals with newly acquired assets to maybe move both Bargnani & Stoudemire could be on the horizon... Knicks could then out right sign both Lebron & Melo with a possible third like Eric Bledsoe or Greg Monroe or both... Phil Jackson making moves, how many is yet to be determined but so far happy to get rid of Raymond Felton & Tyson Chandler, skies the limit...

Kiyaman

Legend
Another bad thing about the payroll is I don't think we can do a SnT for Melo either w/o getting a 3rd team with cap space involved.

Any contender team from the previous season like Chicago/Houston will have to do a sign and trade to add Melo.
They will have to subtract (Boozer/Asik & Lin) to add a high salary Melo. Melo's not a $8M per player.

Please someone tell me WTF is up with Lebron?
All the major media attention in the offseason will be on Lebron's decision again.

Will Lebron take a pay-cut for the Heat to get a bigman to add with Bosh & Birdman?
Will Lebron go back to the Cavs who got the first pick in the 2014 draft, plus cap room to sign Love???

jimkcchief88

All Star
Lebron is NOT going back to Cleveland point blank. Dan Gilbert talked to much crevice hurting junk after the decision for Lebron to EVER go back there. Just like Pat Riley pushed Lebron to opt out after Pat's smack talkin exit presser lol:)# u mitches got to be more careful

jimkcchief88

All Star
Idk if anyone watched Sportscenter this AM but now the "talking heads" are starting to mention Lebron to NY. Sportscenter cap analyst Tom Penn says we could get Lebron if: Lebron takes 3 million for year one, resign Melo, dump STAT and Bargs. The latter is the hardest apsect, but STAT and Bargs are in the last year of their contracts. Get it done Phil. Earn your $$$$:)

Idk if anyone watched Sportscenter this AM but now the "talking heads" are starting to mention Lebron to NY. Sportscenter cap analyst Tom Penn says we could get Lebron if: Lebron takes 3 million for year one, resign Melo, dump STAT and Bargs. The latter is the hardest apsect, but STAT and Bargs are in the last year of their contracts. Get it done Phil. Earn your $$$$:)

I think it's almost mandatory for the Knicks to be listed as a possible landing spot for any big free agent, just because it bumps the ratings and gets more hits online. In any sane world, there's no way we're in the running for Lebron at all, probably going to lose Melo, and would only get both if we kidnapped them at gunpoint. Yet, days into the free agency period, ESPN reporting on national TV that we are in play.

Broadway

All Star
I think it's almost mandatory for the Knicks to be listed as a possible landing spot for any big free agent, just because it bumps the ratings and gets more hits online. In any sane world, there's no way we're in the running for Lebron at all, probably going to lose Melo, and would only get both if we kidnapped them at gunpoint. Yet, days into the free agency period, ESPN reporting on national TV that we are in play.

Lebron saying he wants full max including from Miami and Melo not having Miami on his recruit tour list, this tells me all I need to know how serious these 2 are playing with each other.

skisloper

Starter

Melo is not signing anywhere for 1 year............If gets hurt or something happens hes out 87 million dollars....If he was to be so bold then he would sign a 1 year 22 million deal with a team and then move to the Knicks.....Lets do a sign trade with Miami Melo for Lebron.

As much as Chicago wants him they are at 17 million......again the goal is to win a championship which u cannot do with Melo getting a max deal...u need support....

Kiyaman

Legend

Bosh taking $11M
DWade taking $12M
Lebron's Hater-Fans will tripple the first week Lebron signs with another team.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Melo is not signing anywhere for 1 year............If gets hurt or something happens hes out 87 million dollars....If he was to be so bold then he would sign a 1 year 22 million deal with a team and then move to the Knicks.....Lets do a sign trade with Miami Melo for Lebron.

As much as Chicago wants him they are at 17 million......again the goal is to win a championship which u cannot do with Melo getting a max deal...u need support....
No it's Lebron signing a short, one year deal until STAT and Bargs collective 30++++ million are off the books for 2015 you dig???? I think Melo and Lebron TOGETHER might both take a little less if they are on the same squad. Melo said he would and Lebron already is in Miami:)

jimkcchief88

All Star

Yep but it's fun isn't it???:) nobody really saw Miami's big three coming either. Our Knicks are in the Big Apple and who wouldn't want to be the King of NY...Miami, San Antonio, Houston are still regional markets...New York, Chicago, and LA on the other hand are NATIONAL MARKETS!!!! Who's side are you guys on anyway??? A backcourt of Lebron/MELO should sound great to any sane KNICKS fan:)