NYK won`t make the playoffs

NYKnicks15

Starter
its not the loss of attendance, on the money side of things, that im particularly caring about rather the loss of attendance, on the interest side of things. Weve gone through a few years of losing interest and its hard to get back. Isiah is the one did that for us. and Isiah probably doesnt want to lose that interest...so hell more than likely manage with what he has. trading and trading and trading. theres a lot of deals out there to be made. Especially with the expiring contracts of Tim and Penny and the large interest in Kurt. i just dont think hell stand to rebuild so lets focus on the possible trade ideas that make us better....

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
its not that i wanna get rid of marbury. id love to keep him. i wanna get rid of houston, hardaway, norris and every other overpaid, aging, underachieveing scrub on our team. and nobody is going to take those scrubs unless marbury is included. look at us - we took penny's bad contract to get marbury.

laci_free

Rookie
i don`t think Williams is the right guy for takeing us in the playoffs and through the first round. These guys need somebody that they are afraid of! You guys are experts in trades and coaches. can you find another coach for the Knicks???? :?

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
NYKnicks15 to be honest, I find you infuriating. I know that the fab five was comprised of Five seperate guys (Ray Jackson & Jimmy King Being the two that didn't find any longevity in the league). And what's with stupid queer eye crap? The only fab five to me is from Michigan, so where you're going with the rest of that noise I simply don't know. And when I say get over it, it simply what I mean. I get really tired of people posting things like we should trade for Shaq or Kobe. I like to read posts that are tempered by reality as well as intelligence. If somebodys into fantasy basketball, go write your dream trades there. I mean some of these trade scenarios wouldn't happen on Xbox, of course unless you force the trade. But outside the matrix, in the really real world, not everyone is so stupid. If any GM in the league did half the nonsense i've read, they would be not only a laughing stock, they'd be an unemployed, black-balled, fool. Simple. The wally crap gets on my nerves. I was watching Wally get put in the torture chamber recently by...GULP...Chuck Atkins. He also got served a facial Caron Butler in the same game. I guess that we should get him and his lousy contract. I say we wait for Artest. If he does become available, I don't want the Knicks to miss that boat again.

NYKnicks15

Starter
infuriating? thats a strong word. Especially considering I never made any stupid ideas for Shaq or Kobe. Mine were somewhat logical. Players we could actually get around to acquring. Like Chandler, Swift, Clark, House, Marshall, Rose, and the only true out there ones i proposed were Webber and Curry. Webber isnt really that far out there either...

Either with a straight trade of Tim Thomas and Kurt Thomas for Webber OR my three way trade idea which actually and you have to admit makes sense for all teams. if you didnt get a chance to read it I will repost it...

Sacramento gets Alonzo Mourning, Donyell Mashall and Tim Thomas
New York gets Chris Webber and Jalen Rose....Toronto gets Kurt Thomas and Penny Hardaway....it works out salary cap wise and everyone will get better and what they want...sacramento getting rid of Webber if they still want to, Toronto gettin cap space and rid of Rose, NY what they want in Webber/Rose and rid of Penny/Tim.

And the other "out there" thing you said I posted about Phil Jackson well I responded to it in another thread...and its in the paper, which you seem to always believe soo read it buddy. Have a nice day :)

vince

Rookie
I agree with that. I want isiah to bring artest to NY. and don't tell me anything about the detroit brawl and all that BS. Ron is a great and YOUNG player. He'll really make us better. He can score, he can rebound, he can pass and he's the best defender in the league. What do you guys want ? I don't want a desesperate trade in order to make us win 4 or 5 games more. just wait the offseason and please zeke bring us ron to NY!!!

NYKnicks15

Starter
i agree with that but what would we have to get to get him? The only player we can really is Kurt. Then we are still stuck with Tim and Penny unless we make a trade for a good PF between the two of them...

PACERS
C Jermaine O'Neal
F Kurt Thomas
F Stephen Jackson
G Reggie Miller
G Jamaal Tinsley

KNICKS
C Nazr Mohammed
F Mike Sweetney
F Ron Artest
G Jamal Crawford
G Stephon Marbury

do you like the looks of it??? I do and its good for both teams...but what PF would you go after for Tim and Penny??? OORRR would you let them run out their contracts and save the cap space???

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
andrew kirilenko - that guy is a star. is he going to be a free agent or is has he alerady gotten a big contract extension. id love to have him and artest as power and small forwards. that would be the best defensive combo of forwards in the nba. first and second best defensive players in the nba, or right up there at least. maybe utah doesnt want him since they signed boozer? or they cant afford him? sweetney for kirilenko?

NYKnicks15

Starter
yea sucks but Kirilenko already got an extension...a big one at that, no where near what Sweetneys contract is if you were talking trade. Utah uses Kirilenko at Small Forward when hes not injured.

Im starting to think we should wait until the offseason to make any transactions. Why rush one when we can take our time and think it out. I think we should pursue that Webber trade heavily (depending on if they are even thinking about trading him). Ron Artest like he said above. Then small pickups like Keon Clark and Eddie House to fill out the roster. See how many people are actually interested in Tim Thomas and Penny Hardaway aswell as the expiring contracts of Baker and Norris.

I think we are set on the Guards (even though they always dont come through ahhhumm Crawford). We should focus on the Forward positions and Center. I like Kurt and Nazr but some bigger more athletic players would be nice....Any trade ideas for the offseason???? or pickups??

nyk35

Benchwarmer
Hey guys i'm from Australia and i have seen a player that seems like he can play some good ball in the nba he is in his rookie season in the nbl ( aussie league). Apparently the spurs are scouting him he is a ginobili type player and i think he could become a star in the nba.
http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=crocodiles_playerprofile&profile=205

and this other guy could give steve francis a run for a best pg dunker
http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=crocodiles_playerprofile&profile=203

have you heard of Andrew Gaze?

laci_free

Rookie
I would take that guy `cause we really need some changes. A new mentality could help Knicks to rebiuld. We need some european players too: like Paul Gasol or Kirilenko!

laci_free

Rookie
three more losses without a win and we will have to change the title of the topic in ``Knicks won`t make the playoffs again``... but it sounds like an old title doesn`t it? I think I heard this one a couple of times before :evil:

laci_free

Rookie
New topic at feb 3 2005
if this situation doesn`t wake them up then they can all go back on the streets and play some hoops over there.
crawford rulzzzz
you guys keep telling on the forum that we have to buid arround Ariza, Sweetney, Mohamed, JW. Please guys look at their stats. young players that deserve to bulid a team arround usually play between very good and excelent and what do we have here? :bat:

NYKnicks15

Starter
are you saying ariza, sweetney, mohammed arent young?? im confused

and crawford?? hes been decent lately taking his shot selection and driving to the hole FINALLY but i wouldnt say he rulz. id trade him if we could get something GREAT and consistent in return

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
NYKnicks15 said:
are you saying ariza, sweetney, mohammed arent young?? im confused

and crawford?? hes been decent lately taking his shot selection and driving to the hole FINALLY but i wouldnt say he rulz. id trade him if we could get something GREAT and consistent in return

Crawford has all the tools to be a great player, he just needs to get consistant and needs to show some leadership on the floor.

I do beleive that a reason for his bad shot selection most the time is being stuck with the ball on the wing with the shot clock winding down and having to create himself to get a shot off.