Official 2014 NBA DRAFT THREAD

tiger0330

Legend
Wiggins is a safer pick. Too many bigs with injuries have been busts or even Thabeet who wasn't injured but is a bust.

Broadway

All Star
Wiggins is a safer pick. Too many bigs with injuries have been busts or even Thabeet who wasn't injured but is a bust.

If Embid turns out to be a Hakeem type of talent then it will be a monumental scared mistake. Wiggins will never project to be a better prospect than that.

Broadway

All Star
So The Heat got Napier pick 24 for...

Pick 26, pick 55, and a future second going to Charlotte. All this talk about buying a first round pick by us was fake hustle just like I figured. Past history has shown picks are very expensive to purchase before pick 40.

Broadway

All Star
We got Cle-ANTHONY Early with the 37th pick. Looks like a player who'll replace Shumpert/Smith/Hardaway. One of them is a goner. Listed as a SF but plays very much like a guard.

EDIT: With a name like that who am I kidding, he's Melo's replacement

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
We also drafted with our other pick Hakuna Matata's(Bucks Phenom) brother....Not a bad night overall considering where our selections were.

tiger0330

Legend
We got Cle-ANTHONY Early with the 37th pick. Looks like a player who'll replace Shumpert/Smith/Hardaway. One of them is a goner. Listed as a SF but plays very much like a guard.

EDIT: With a name like that who am I kidding, he's Melo's replacement
I'd like to see him play a few games before I trade any of those guys.

I do like the pick, he's an underdog going from playing community college ball in upstate NY to Witchita St.

He had a monster game against Julius Randal the 7th pick and looks like a solid shooter, he's got a poor assist rate so not sure what you mean he plays like a guard.

tiger0330

Legend
Didn't do bad considering we had no picks going in. Early was actually projected as high as a late first rounder so the Knicks might have picked up a first rounder at 34.

We also got Larkin a former first rounder so I'm going to count him as a first. Is Giannis brother NBA ready or are we going to stash him away in the euro league.

Cbssports draft grader gave both our picks an A+. Maybe just positive media bias for PJ, but both high upside players according to evaluation, which is the best you can get normally in the 2nd round.

Broadway

All Star
3g4g you talk about teams building through the draft let's see how fast Philly does it with all the picks they had.

Philly did great...

They had the 3rd and 10th pick...they draft Embid at 3(trust me Cleveland will regret not drafting him). They take Payton at 10 knowing he was coveted by many teams below them and trades him to Orlando for...pick 12(Saric stashed overseas)....future 2nd, and get back their 2017 first from the Howard Bynum trade...unreal.

Then they get Jerami Grant from Cuse and McDaniels and stash 2 more picks overseas...they did well. They won't be legit until after next year 2015-2016(they will be scary)

Don't forget they have Nerlens Noel coming back this year too.

Bobcats did great....

I don't like the fact they helped the Heat but to get Vonleh at 9, Hairston at 26, Powell at 45, a stashed overseas pick at 55 and a future 2nd is really good

Bulls and Denver both did well also. I think Denver may have gotten the sleeper in this draft. The Bulls flat out got the best shooter. McDermott is gonna Kyle Korver except on steroids

CoolClyde

don't like the fact that Miami picked up one of the best point guards in the league (an NCAA champion PG), and a position they needed help with. no way LeBron's leaving Miami now after Riley got the one player LBJ wanted and coveted. we can only hope Wade opts in for 42M over 2 years, and then breaks down further. f*ck the cHeat. i hate them.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Not a bad draft at all...

1st Round grade SF CleAnthony Early with the 34th selection...
Greak Freak's Brother the Greak Tweak Thanasis Antetokounmpo with the 51st a defensive minded player...
Then purchasing the Pacers 57th selection PF Louis Laberiye finishes off a strong draft day...

There still could be a few roster moves/trades in the next few days, so this has definitely been a great start for P.J. as the Head Honcho...

Can't wait to see whats next up the Zen Master's bag of tricks...

Kiyaman

Legend
I'd like to see him play a few games before I trade any of those guys.

I do like the pick, he's an underdog going from playing community college ball in upstate NY to Witchita St.

He had a monster game against Julius Randal the 7th pick and looks like a solid shooter, he's got a poor assist rate so not sure what you mean he plays like a guard.

I like all three pickups, Im waiting for the summer games to notice which of the 3 talent are NBA ready for next season.
I already see Julius Randall grabbing the 2014-15 NBA Rookie Award.

Guard Shabazz Napier outstanding PG performance grabbed two NCAA Titles!!!
How the hell did PG-Shabazz Napier slipped way down to the 24th pick?
And MJ trades a PG who always does the right thing when playing under-pressure in big games to the Miami Heats???
So many Charllote Fans, and other fans will be pissed-off if PG-Shabazz Napier perform at the same level in the NBA as he did in college.