Stephen A. Smith: Sixers Working on Deal with Knicks for Shumpert & Stoudemire?

Broadway

All Star
Yeah, I saw this today, too, but if we don't want to give Philly either Shump or THJ, then I don't see why they would do this deal. This free agency period is currently without any clear reference for what is going to happen and what is pure fantasy. Either Lebron. Melo, Bosh, or at the very least, Pau Gasol, is going to have to make a move before anything seems real to me at this point

Notice Phil only dropped $1.25 in the payphone to call Philly after scratching his sweaty musty hackey.... when Stephen A. made this public.

Here's how you know this is the fake hustle of fake hustle deperation by us and Phil.

Daryl Morey called a team weeks ago to dump Lin. Supposedly Morey can pull the trigger on a LIN deal at any time. It's been rumored he's had this in the bag like before the draft. 2 weeks ago the team revealed was Philly. Now Lin is an expiring contract and it was stated if Philly were to take on Lin it most likely will cost Morey a 1st rounder. Hasn't happened yet because Morey is waiting for Melo or Bosh to give them their blessing. So the market value has pretty much been established. Wait though Amar'e makes $8mil more than Lin, so if Philly is looking for a 1st to take on Lin how much do you think they'll want from us to take on more salary?

You have to ask yourself any GM/front office paying attention wouldn't have needed a loud mouth such as Stephen A. to stoke the fire of a true mover and shaker would they?

We have zero shot at getting a deal done with Philly.

Broadway

All Star
Notice Phil only dropped $1.25 in the payphone to call Philly after scratching his sweaty musty hackey.... when Stephen A. made this public.

Here's how you know this is the fake hustle of fake hustle deperation by us and Phil.

Daryl Morey called a team weeks ago to dump Lin. Supposedly Morey can pull the trigger on a LIN deal at any time. It's been rumored he's had this in the bag like before the draft.

2 weeks ago the team revealed was Philly.

Now Lin is an expiring contract and it was stated if Philly were to take on Lin it most likely will cost Morey a 1st rounder. Hasn't happened yet because Morey is waiting for Melo or Bosh to give them their blessing.

So the market value has pretty much been established. Wait though Amar'e makes $8mil more than Lin, so if Philly is looking for a 1st to take on Lin how much do you think they'll want from us to take on more salary?

You have to ask yourself any GM/front office paying attention wouldn't have needed a loud mouth such as Stephen A. to stoke the fire of a true mover and shaker would they?

We have zero shot at getting a deal done with Philly.

I guess Phil is working Philly over into an Amar'e deal huh? Nice try trying to play assistant GM Stephen A