Melo Back To Knicks

Broadway

All Star
first off gee sucks and the fact is they had to give a first and second to dump Lin and his terrible contract. How can you justify Lin making 15 and bitch about melo taking the max your a joke. No one has to take less than what someone is willing to pay them would you?

I edited the post because Rockets dumped Lin and Asik and I mixed the deals.

With Asik they got Ariza/Gee 2015 1st

With Lin they got cap space/foreign prospect(it was almost worth Chris Bosh...keep that in mind)

I never said paying Lin $15mil was a justifiable move but let me break this down for you...

Lin's contract went as follows

$5.25mil($8.3mil cap hit)
$14.8mil($8.3mil cap hit)

Dolan didn't want to pay Lin because he feared the Tax hits down the road. He got nothing in return for Lin. Yet he essentially allowed Melo to take every single penny off the table and the Tax hit is more massive now because we're at a higher tax rate(repeater) than 2yrs ago.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I edited the post because Rockets dumped Lin and Asik and I mixed the deals.

With Asik they got Ariza/Gee 2015 1st

With Lin they got cap space/foreign prospect(it was almost worth Chris Bosh...keep that in mind)

I never said paying Lin $15mil was a justifiable move but let me break this down for you...

Lin's contract went as follows

$14.8mil($8.3mil cap hit)

Dolan didn't want to pay Lin because he feared the Tax hits down the road. He got nothing in return for Lin. Yet he essentially allowed Melo to take every single penny off the table and the Tax hit is more massive now because we're at a higher tax rate(repeater) than 2yrs ago.

And during that time Melo won a scoring title, averaged 28/8 while playing 40++ minutes a game, and led us to our first Atlantic Division Title in a decade. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Linsanity was on the BENCH as a backup PG. You can't mention "luxury tax" and "ticket prices" when your plan was dump Melo and tank the season for a lottery pick. Does not compute 3GdUmE:)

skisloper

Starter
And during that time Melo won a scoring title, averaged 28/8 while playing 40++ minutes a game, and led us to our first Atlantic Division Title in a decade. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Linsanity was on the BENCH as a backup PG. You can't mention "luxury tax" and "ticket prices" when your plan was dump Melo and tank the season for a lottery pick. Does not compute 3GdUmE:)

Why do you always like to discuss his scoring title....I know Kiya refers to Melo as a cancer of a team which I feel is extreme but your constant mention of a scoring title is the same thing........Safe to assume that if others took as many shots as Melo then he would NOT be the scoring champ.......Unless you are making everyone around you better nothing else matters...A superstar needs to make all players around him better,,,,,,,,,I do think Phil Jackson and Derrick Fisher could make that happen but who knows with Melo...... His 6 million dollars he gave up is a joke....MELO can do whatever he wants but you cannot talk about winning is all that matters and you are willing to do whatever it takes and this is the best you can contribute......Season subscriptions are sold out so with Melo or no Melo Jim Dolan is making the same money..........

Now that Melo did not really do all he can to help out with $$$$$ , the next best thing he can do is just 100% buy into the triangle and make himself the full Bball player he can.......Karl was quoted that Melo needs to lead every day and not complain or get negative,,,,,,,,I just think after reading Melo's letter about staying in NY if he really gets its......Lebrons letter was drama and intense...Melo's was laughable as if NY did not have the best offer would melo really stay,,,

jimkcchief88

All Star
Why do you always like to discuss his scoring title....I know Kiya refers to Melo as a cancer of a team which I feel is extreme but your constant mention of a scoring title is the same thing........Safe to assume that if others took as many shots as Melo then he would NOT be the scoring champ.......Unless you are making everyone around you better nothing else matters...A superstar needs to make all players around him better,,,,,,,,,I do think Phil Jackson and Derrick Fisher could make that happen but who knows with Melo...... His 6 million dollars he gave up is a joke....MELO can do whatever he wants but you cannot talk about winning is all that matters and you are willing to do whatever it takes and this is the best you can contribute......Season subscriptions are sold out so with Melo or no Melo Jim Dolan is making the same money..........

Now that Melo did not really do all he can to help out with $$$$$ , the next best thing he can do is just 100% buy into the triangle and make himself the full Bball player he can.......Karl was quoted that Melo needs to lead every day and not complain or get negative,,,,,,,,I just think after reading Melo's letter about staying in NY if he really gets its......Lebrons letter was drama and intense...Melo's was laughable as if NY did not have the best offer would melo really stay,,,

I always mention the scoring title because it's a fact and then Melo followed it up with a 28/8 season while averaging over 40 minutes per game. You act like we "overpaid for some scrub" like the Lakers are for backup PG Lin. The fact is the KNICKS are OVER the cap for 2014 with or without Melo's MAX contract. And that is because of the STAT/Bargs collective 35 million owed. Bargs didn't play past December and STAT didn't average 10 minutes a game, yet they didn't offer our KNICKs a discount. STAT/Bargs could opt out a la Dwade and take less so the KNICKS could trade them more easily or bring in more talent, but they aren't. So stop beating up the only Superstar on this team for getting paid his market value. I wish all the Melo-haters could step outside of thier MELO hating bubble for a second. All I hear on Chicago sports talk radio right now is disappointment that Melo didn't come here and how the Bulls didn't do enough to get him. Bulls fans wanted Melo bad and don't care about Paul and some Euro they drafted three years ago.

Broadway

All Star

And during that time Melo landed us in the lottery with no pick in hand

Broadway

All Star
another good farticle Jim with an eye on the overall picture. strange that no one really knows all the contractual stipulations yet (over 122M, under 129M), so its hard to judge the signing and future implications based on vague figures. all in all, i'm happy to see Melo back in O&B, and look forward to Phil providing Melo the right players to complement his game.

Jim's good money for posting nicely written "Farticles"

Where you separate the wheat from the weeds is when you post nicely written "Smarticles"

Like This, a...."Put In A Pine Box With 9 Shots" piece

http://grantland.com/features/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-legacy/

jimkcchief88

All Star
And during that time Melo landed us in the lottery with no pick in hand

And last season all Melo's fault right. Not the front office getting rid of Novak and Cope. Not Tyson breaking his leg in December. Not having possibly the worst starting PG in the league in Raymond Felton. Not trading for washed up Ron Artest. Not trading for great white hope Bargiani, paying him 11 million, only to watch him tear an elbow ligament because he sat outside shot too much instead of playing any defense and rebounding. Not K-mart being hurt all season. Not JR going from Sixth Man of the year to Sick man of the Year. Not MAX paid STAT's sore Knees 10 minute limit. And certainly not Woody standing on the sidelines watching the train wreck happen with his arms folded over. Just blame the guy who had a career year in effort to try to carry this sorry bunch. Real smart 4genius:( good thing Big Chief Triangle didn't agree with you and signed Melo instead of burning the entire village to the ground.

skisloper

Starter
I always mention the scoring title because it's a fact and then Melo followed it up with a 28/8 season while averaging over 40 minutes per game. You act like we "overpaid for some scrub" like the Lakers are for backup PG Lin. The fact is the KNICKS are OVER the cap for 2014 with or without Melo's MAX contract. And that is because of the STAT/Bargs collective 35 million owed. Bargs didn't play past December and STAT didn't average 10 minutes a game, yet they didn't offer our KNICKs a discount. STAT/Bargs could opt out a la Dwade and take less so the KNICKS could trade them more easily or bring in more talent, but they aren't. So stop beating up the only Superstar on this team for getting paid his market value. I wish all the Melo-haters could step outside of thier MELO hating bubble for a second. All I hear on Chicago sports talk radio right now is disappointment that Melo didn't come here and how the Bulls didn't do enough to get him. Bulls fans wanted Melo bad and don't care about Paul and some Euro they drafted three years ago.

Chief......MELO is not a bull because they did not offer MELO a Max deal............No of course the BUlls could have but they chose not to get rid of players as it would have just equalized out.......YES we would all love MELO for the 17milion that the BULLS thought he was worth........Bulls could have amnesty Boozer and got rid of Taj and others to give MELO at least 20.....why did they not ?

jimkcchief88

All Star
Jim's good money for posting nicely written "Farticles"

Where you separate the wheat from the weeds is when you post nicely written "Smarticles"

Like This, a...."Put In A Pine Box With 9 Shots" piece

http://grantland.com/features/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-legacy/

First of all Bill Simmons gets on my nerves sitting next to NBA players talking like he somehow knows more than they do even though the only time Bill has EVER been on an NBA court is with a mic in his hands, not a basketball. You can even build the case that one Laker fan didn't want Melo. That's fine. Let "Linsanity" be the reason the Clippers will the "Sunday Showcase" team instead of the Fakers lol. But when you go on to say that Dirk is a better player than Melo???? That's when I stop reading and Bill Simmons loses the little cred he has. So the little white man says the big white man is a better baller than Melo??? GTFU outta here. Dirk is nice, but not top 50. Bird was better if you wanna bring up white guys. It's debatable if Dirk was even the best player in that Mavs team at that point in his career. It's no question that Melo has NEVER had that much help in his entire NBA career...On Chief

jimkcchief88

All Star
Chief......MELO is not a bull because they did not offer MELO a Max deal............No of course the BUlls could have but they chose not to get rid of players as it would have just equalized out.......YES we would all love MELO for the 17milion that the BULLS thought he was worth........Bulls could have amnesty Boozer and got rid of Taj and others to give MELO at least 20.....why did they not ?

Exactly and that's why Bulls fans are pissed at their front office for not doing more to steal Melo. And I mean pissed. If D-Rose "it's not my job to recruit" doesn't show up again this year, he won't be able to show his face around this town again without getting treated on Chief

Broadway

All Star
And last season all Melo's fault right. Not the front office getting rid of Novak and Cope. Not Tyson breaking his leg in December. Not having possibly the worst starting PG in the league in Raymond Felton. Not trading for washed up Ron Artest. Not trading for great white hope Bargiani, paying him 11 million, only to watch him tear an elbow ligament because he sat outside shot too much instead of playing any defense and rebounding. Not K-mart being hurt all season. Not JR going from Sixth Man of the year to Sick man of the Year. Not MAX paid STAT's sore Knees 10 minute limit. And certainly not Woody standing on the sidelines watching the train wreck happen with his arms folded over. Just blame the guy who had a career year in effort to try to carry this sorry bunch. Real smart 4genius:( good thing Big Chief Triangle didn't agree with you and signed Melo instead of burning the entire village to the ground.

Did this sorry bunch become vanglorious all of a sudden? NOPE! Since he can no longer carry sorry bunches then move on. You don't double his pay revenue and take on triple fees from his last re-up.

Not in case there's another waived young point guard we can find to save our season or another 40yr old HOF point guard we can sign to save our season. Not in case we plan on firing our coach sooner than midway to save our season. Appears this has been the only formula to success since hotdog package neck has been here.

Cheif warped rules....give glory when we win, remove all blame when we lose.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Exactly and that's why Bulls fans are pissed at their front office for not doing more to steal Melo. And I mean pissed. If D-Rose "it's not my job to recruit" doesn't show up again this year, he won't be able to show his face around this town again without getting treated on Chief

Actually Bulls fans are annoyed it took so long for him to decide on his obvious behavioral tendencies. They are more than fine now as they didn't want to trade McDermott and signed Gasol(Who btw took a paycut to go there and win). Because Pau is a CHAMPION and knows what it takes to win. SACRIFICE

Dallas didn't offer Melo the Max nor did Chicago, Dallas essentially gave Parsons near Max.... and Houston offered Bosh the same Max as Melo. So Melo wasn't as distinguished as you fantasize him to be this summer.

skisloper

Starter

Chief.....for Months u have said how the BULLS want MELO.....do u ever ask yourself why the bulls would not clear enough cap space to offer MELO over 16-17 million a year...............don't mention the fans but instead mention the Bulls front office...........

jimkcchief88

All Star
Did this sorry bunch become vanglorious all of a sudden? NOPE! Since he can no longer carry sorry bunches then move on. You don't double his pay revenue and take on triple fees from his last re-up.

Not in case there's another waived young point guard we can find to save our season or another 40yr old HOF point guard we can sign to save our season. Not in case we plan on firing our coach sooner than midway to save our season. Appears this has been the only formula to success since hotdog package neck has been here.

Cheif warped rules....give glory when we win, remove all blame when we lose.

You know what 3G, that is the most even-minded post I have read from you. Props to that. And I get your point. I blew up my fantasy football team because I figured "well can't win with them so...." and turned my season around and made it to the Chip only to lose in the 4th quarter of a crazy MNF game. But this ain't fantasy football. You can't always blow up your team because you underachieved. The local Chicago Cubs blew up their starting rotation for "prospects" because of that same philosophy. That's why they haven't won a World Series for over a century and won't compete anytime soon in the future. Trust in Phil just a little bit. Big Chief Triangle know a little something about building a winner. Melo is an anchor piece around our new era will be built. And it's a pretty big anchor. Think big picture and long term and trust the system. Give Phil a chance to do his job.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Chief.....for Months u have said how the BULLS want MELO.....do u ever ask yourself why the bulls would not clear enough cap space to offer MELO over 16-17 million a year...............don't mention the fans but instead mention the Bulls front office...........

What I am telling you is Bulls fans are questioning their front office for NOT doing more to get Melo much in the same way you guys are questioning Phil for keeping him. It's not a fantasy dude. Bulls fans are as angry as you are . There are TWO sides to every coin.

skisloper

Starter
What I am telling you is Bulls fans are questioning their front office for NOT doing more to get Melo much in the same way you guys are questioning Phil for keeping him. It's not a fantasy dude. Bulls fans are as angry as you are . There are TWO sides to every coin.

I am not questioning Phil as there are many reasons to not have a star player bolt NY............I am questioning Melo's inability to see the bi picture and work out deal that would give him the best opportunity to win. AND I only question Melo since he said that winning is all he cares abput...........

Broadway

All Star

Their fan base was about 50/50. They didn't want the team gutted to acquire him. They were more disappointed they thought he was going to sign and the fact he took so long to make his decision. Stop embellishing. They most certainly are comfortable as things stand now with moves they made thereafter and what they have in the wings.

Meanwhile a good portion of our fan base is not happy with Carmelo's return and most certainly not with his new pay check.