Amare 2015 - The Decision

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
Amare plays 70 games this year. Shows signs of once again being able to contribute. Averages 18 amd 8. Do we give him Pau Gasol money?

tiger0330

Legend
Obviously way too early to say but even if he has a good year the Knicks are going to let him become a FA to clear cap space to rebuild the team.

You have to go after someone younger with his best years ahead of him and not behind him as with Stat.

I like Amare. I am definitely rooting for him to have a solid season this year. But no way, under no circumstances, should we resign him after this season. Once he gets his next contract, his next injury is probably his last injury.

I think that before this we have see how will be Amare year... Healthy and solid Amare means a lot for the team, maybe upgrades many levels the teams offence . Defence is a diferrent discussion for Amare . Maybe as JazRedGT said Amare will give 18 pts and 8 Rbs but for me is a very crucial part how Amare will do on the defensive end.

tiger0330

Legend
I see Pau signed with the Bulls 3yr/22M after turning down a 2yr/22M offer from the Lakers, now that's a guy that wants to win.

If Amare has a great year, plays 25 min and is injury free, I guess you would have to consider paying him Pau money.

Broadway

All Star
Amare plays 70 games this year. Shows signs of once again being able to contribute. Averages 18 amd 8. Do we give him Pau Gasol money?

I have a few questions before answering the obvious...

What do the numbers look like from the other teammates if he puts up 18/8?

What is our regular season record and if we make the playoffs how far do we go?

By Pau Gasol money you're talking 7+mil/yr at how many yrs and is the contract uninsured/insured, does it come with a no trade clause, trade kicker, does he take a paycut in any of those yrs?

Kiyaman

Legend
James Dolan has Phil Jackson busting-balls trying to trade Amare's final yr contract to a non playoff team.
There's a lot of playoff teams with the capability to swallow Amare's one yr contract.
I'm sure the Chicago Bulls would've rather trade Boozer for Amare than use their amnesty on Boozer.

Amare being a part of Melo trying to learn the triangle system means Melo's failure becomes one of his teammates doing.
Amare don't want to be that teammate.
It has to be known after 3 seasons the Knicks two star players don't like each other as teammates.
In 3 offseasons going on the 4th offseason the Knicks two $100M players Melo & Amare never worked-out together as leaders of the Knicks team during the offseason. This could be the reason why Tyson Chandler called his old boss Cuban to make a deal even if it include taking Felton too.

Kiyaman

Legend
I still believe ...Duncan, KG, Amare, and Dirk are still one of the top-10 C/F in the league.

u put a decent defensive bigman (center or PF) in the line-up with any of the above name veteran C/F, and they could take a pass-first team deep in the playoffs.

Don't believe the hype, Amare is not injury-prone.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks Phil, Fisher, and Amare's 55% shooting will lead to a successful season.
The Knicks coaching-staff will increase the Knicks perimeter shooters percentage in the 4th quarter of games for a lot of wins.
The 4th quarter shooting-percentage has always been the success of the triangle-system.