Shannon Brown has been waived

gmf1369

Benchwarmer

This was a move that was expected, better to do it now then wait... Brown did bring some energy last season, but we are too guard heavy to carry him on this roster...

tiger0330

Legend

This was a move that was expected, better to do it now then wait... Brown did bring some energy last season, but we are too guard heavy to carry him on this roster...
I agree, let him see if he can hook up with another NBA team or head over to Europe.

Broadway

All Star
Asking to play in Summer League to teach young guys the triangle system and cut him right before his second yr becomes fully guaranteed comes off as classless, but he had to know this was coming.

CoolClyde

maybe because he played like sh*t. no passing, just taking the ball to the hoop, with maybe 2 assists the entire summer league. he wasn't teaching anyone the triangle, he was teaching how to be a head down ball hog. good riddance, knicks can do better.

maybe because he played like sh*t. no passing, just taking the ball to the hoop, with maybe 2 assists the entire summer league. he wasn't teaching anyone the triangle, he was teaching how to be a head down ball hog. good riddance, knicks can do better.

I watched all the summer league games and this is totally accurate about Brown. No one less played within the triangle system than him. He would come in with the 2nd unit and just go full blown ball hog mode, drive to the hoop, turn it over, and then look disgusted with the game. It was like he was doing a two week long Raymond Felton impression.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I watched all the summer league games and this is totally accurate about Brown. No one less played within the triangle system than him. He would come in with the 2nd unit and just go full blown ball hog mode, drive to the hoop, turn it over, and then look disgusted with the game. It was like he was doing a two week long Raymond Felton impression.
lol.......

Broadway

All Star
Made me laugh too. He was a good player on the Lakers but as soon as he left he sucked, let's hope that the triangle improves everyone's play on the Knicks like it seemed to do for Brown.

I agree he was garbage but the only reason he wasn't waived at season's end last year we felt he would be of use to teaching triangle intricacies for a couple weeks. I wonder would he have been waived if Summer League ran to end of August?

The point I'm getting at, Brown didn't all of sudden become Raymond Felton in a 2-3mos span. Should have kept Clark and cut Brown since all summer we've been looking for bigger players. Once again evidence of questionable decision making by Phil.