New Knick Trade? Bad idea

Blumatic

Rotation player
It is a supposed 4 way trade that would be:

Minn. T'Wolives get: Eddie Jones, Donyell Marshall

Mia. Heat gets: Latrell Sprewell

Toronto Raptors get: Penny Hardaway

NY Knicks get: Jalen Rose

This is from TNT analyst David Aldridge.

I for one think it s dumb trade. Penny is an expiring contract. And this team neds to free up some cap space. We are getting another scorung swing man who does not have defense as good as Penny. This trade does not help our future and it does not help our present. We need to free up space and get some defensive HUSTLE players. We need more JYDs not Crawfords. I do not know how this makes us a team on the road for a championship. I honestly do not want Isiah to make a move until the offseason. Just let the team play it out.

NYKnicks15

Starter
I personally am torn in this trade...i cant decide if i want it or not.

On one hand we should play out the season, and trade Penny and Tim's expiring contracts in what could be a possible GREAT trade. But...

On the other hand, Id love to see Jalen Rose playing the SF. Wed still have Tim Thomas to trade in the offseason and honestly if we were waiting to trade Penny and Tim together all we would get would be a big contracted player and a bunch of medium sized ones as well and we honestly dont need to fill up our roster anymore with under used benched contracts. Think about it Penny+Tim= 29,725,000 we could get the whole damn charlotte roster with that or almost atlanta for that matter.

Im not a big one on trading away the roster without getting used to eachother but if were speakin about traded lets think of some ideas here...some have no chance to go through (with the clubs i mean cause theyd all work salary wise) but still cool to ponder the ideas..

Chris Webber for Kurt & (Tim Thomas or Penny) ?
Jalen Rose & Donyell Marshall for (Penny or Tim) & (Kurt or Nazr)?
Antoine Walker & Al Harrington for (Penny or Tim) & (Kurt or Nazr)?
Shareef Abdur-Rahim for (Tim Thomas or Penny)?
Keith Van Horn & Michael Redd for Tim and Kurt Thomas? (wouldnt that be nuts!)
Bucks C Smith PF Thomas SF Thomas SG Mason PG Ford
Knicks C Mohammed PF Van Horn SF Redd SG Crawford PG Marbury
Erik Dampier for Nazr Mohammed & Baker?
Ron Artest & Scott Pollard(just for $ purposes) for (Tim or Penny) & (Kurt or Nazr)?
Jim Jackson & Jamaal Magloire FOR (Nazr or Kurt) & (Penny or Tim Thomas)?

any other ideas? who cares if there nuts...aslong as they work salary wise and logical ...

nyk35

Benchwarmer
We need a legit big man who can score and rebound. If we can somehow get chris webber i think that will make the knicks a great team.C-Webb is unselfish he averages 20-10-5 that would be a great pickup

Trin_Starr

Starter
The knicks do not need Rose - He's just an older version of crawford - His shot selection is not good and he plays little defense. At least Crawford is still young and can be molded into a more effective player - but Rose - You can't teach an old dog new tricks!

Skyhi300

Benchwarmer
i think its a good trade because Jalen Rose is very underrated. and besides Penny's not doing anything for the team. I would like it better if the knicks went after sprewell. I loved it when he was on the knicks

Trin_Starr

Starter
It would be a great trade if they both still had the same number of years on their contracts. Penny's contract is in the last year next season, which makes him a very valuable commodity. Rose's contract goes to the 2006/07 season i believe.
I think we can get much better for Penny's expiring contract.

I like Jalen Rose... Good shooting range, good skills...

But I still think that Isiah needs to search for a good defensive player.

or... A good post up player...

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
I like the Jalen Rose idea, we aren't using Hardway, problem is he could prove to be more vauluable later with his contract.....