Paul George Possibly to Miss Season

Not necessarily Knicks news, but does affect the entire Eastern Conference. Paul George reportedly suffered a grisly open fracture of his tibia and fibula and now that he has had surgery, early suspicions are that he could potentially miss the entire season. Even though I hate the Pacers, I feel for the guy. Now, just to recap the Eastern conference so far:

Heat - no more Lebron, they did get Deng, but huge downgrade
Cavs - have Lebron and Irving, but every other part of their team is unproven, likely trading for Love, but who knows what that will look like on the court until we see it
Pacers - lost Stephenson and now possibly no George for the entire year
Bulls - no more Boozer, gave away Deng, depending upon a return to form and persistent health of DRose, as well as Gasol and their fancy European big man addition
Nets - lost Pierce and Livingston, not a team I would have been excited about given age anyway
Bobcats, Wizards, Raptors - young teams that will likely continue to improve, but you never know when teams that have taken big steps forward will immediately follow it with big steps backward

Then there's us, we have to be a dark horse team for a playoff spot regardless of our current roster limitations.

tiger0330

Legend

Tough break for George no pun intended. The Knicks may even have a chance this season, Amare plays injury free and Bargs has a good year since he's playing for a new contract, JR gets off to good start along with a good PG in Calderon I could see the Knicks surprising. If Cleveland gets Love though, you have to make them the favorites despite the questions about Love.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend

Tough break for George no pun intended. The Knicks may even have a chance this season, Amare plays injury free and Bargs has a good year since he's playing for a new contract, JR gets off to good start along with a good PG in Calderon I could see the Knicks surprising. If Cleveland gets Love though, you have to make them the favorites despite the questions about Love.

To watch that video break is hard on the eyes ...my prayer go out to bruther Paul for a healthy recovery

tiger0330

Legend
To watch that video break is hard on the eyes ...my prayer go out to bruther Paul for a healthy recovery
I think we all wish PG a speedy and complete recovery.

That accident would and should have not happened if the support was further back and photographers on the baseline is another accident waiting to happen.

Broadway

All Star
I think we all wish PG a speedy and complete recovery.

That accident would and should have not happened if the support was further back and photographers on the baseline is another accident waiting to happen.

Colangelo failed and he should be ashamed of himself. I guarantee thNBA addresses this issue sooner than later now. Too bad a player had to have a near career ending injury for them to act.

Colangelo failed and he should be ashamed of himself. I guarantee thNBA addresses this issue sooner than later now. Too bad a player had to have a near career ending injury for them to act.

That's why they canceled the scrimmage because they want to move the support bavk before more guys get hurt but not do it with everyone watching.

tiger0330

Legend
Looks like the NBA is going to fix this problem, shouldn't have happened at all and Thorn saying the NBA has been planning this for years makes the league look bad.

I don't see that they addressed the stanchion problem and players practicing in facilities where the stanchions are too close but I am glad they included photographers, how many times have we seen a player crashing into a photographer or camera man in a game, usually the photographer/camerman gets the worst of it but it was another accident waiting to happen but now lessens that chance.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/...aselines-cut-number-photographers-for-player/

The NBA is expanding the area that must be clear behind the basket and cutting the number of photographers along the baseline in an effort to improve player safety.

The new regulations, calling for an extra foot of open space on both sides of the basket stanchion, were sent to teams Tuesday by league president of operations Rod Thorn in a memo that was obtained by The Associated Press.

The "escape lanes," the unoccupied area on either side of the stanchion to the closest photographer spot, will increase to 4 feet. Only 20 camera positions, 10 on each baseline, will remain, down from 40 during the 2010-11 regular season.

Thorn says changes were planned for "several years" and teams were informed in July, before Indiana's Paul George broke his leg crashing into the stanchion.