Has Preseason Revealed New York Knicks starter 5

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks has played several preseason games, had/has 6 days off before their 5th preseason game on Oct. 20 vs the Milwaukee Bucks (rookie Parker) at MSG.

Has the preseason games already revealed the Knicks starting 5? if so, who are they?

Or is it still undecided, maybe after 6 days off 4 practices the Knicks performance vs Bucks will reveal the Knicks starter 5?
what u think?

Who do you think will be the Knicks starting-5?
and who will be the Knicks first 3 players off the bench?
:gony:LETS GO KNICKS!!!

tiger0330

Legend
Still got a couple of couple of weeks but 3 positions are decided.

Melo
Dally
JC

Pretty sure Shump is going to beat out JR and Timmy.
DFish wants to see more if Bargnani, he's still intrigued about the guys supposed skills and how it fits so well in the triangle. Also I think DFish wants to see where the team is in terms of the triangle. If they're not up to speed DFish may go with Acy at the 4 to bolster the D to win some games.

Seems KOL is getting smaller and smaller Kiya. I havent seen Chief or 3G4G since the preseason began.

I agree that Shump and Acy should probably win out the other 2 starting spots along with Melo, Dalembert, and Calderon, but I'm not sure how our second unit would work then. Maybe if JR Smith is going to function as our point guard, our second unit could be Stat, Bargs, Jason Smith, and THJ along with him, but man is that a weird unit and that totally ignores Prigs and Larkin as significant rotation players. I think instead Bargs gets the starting spot instead of Acy when he is healthy, whether he deserves it or not. The other possibility is that we have starters who start, but don't log dominant minutes over the rest of the game, which I've never liked.

tiger0330

Legend
Well Bargani won't play tonight and hasn't practiced since his hammy so he won't be our starting 4 when the regular season begins.

With Bargnani being out DFish has to consider Stat for the starting PF slot despite not having a great pre-season.

Jason Smith may also get more minutes at PF and I would like to see what a pairing of Dally and Smith would look like.

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
Well Bargani won't play tonight so he won't be our starting 4 when the regular season begins.

things are already looking up... maybe he will strain the other hammy... I know... don't get greedy.... but he sure sucks big time...

Attachments

• th[1].jpg
    th[1].jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 0
  • mister-softee-ice-cream-profile[1].jpg
    mister-softee-ice-cream-profile[1].jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 0

Kiyaman

Legend
Well Bargani won't play tonight and hasn't practiced since his hammy so he won't be our starting 4 when the regular season begins.

With Bargnani being out DFish has to consider Stat for the starting PF slot despite not having a great pre-season.

Jason Smith may also get more minutes at PF and I would like to see what a pairing of Dally and Smith would look like.

A healthy-Stat is suppose to start under president Phil Jackson, and rookie coach Fisher. Why?

1) $23M this season
2) Stat was a starter of the final 21 games last season to win 16 games out of the 21.
3) Stat has veteran experience as a starter at multiple positions F/C, plus postseason experience.
4) The Knicks fam writer Berman is a idiot at times, and the Knicks fam-owner Dolan is a idiot at winning basketball.

Jason Smith is the perfect backup for Dalembert
Barg will be the perfect backup for Stat
It will be up to assist-Kurt Rambis to teach these 4 veteran big-men how to post-up on left/right of the foul-line to catch/pass/screen for the triangle-offense.

Barg being out gave Acy some minutes at the 4 spot in the preseason games.
Acy is more of a weapon for us at the 3 spot in the regular season games.
Someone need to let Berman know this is the preseason .....

Defense will be the problem! because none of Phil's coaching-staff will have the heart or guts to tell ($124M) Melo he have to go around the screen/pick or block.
IF Fisher don't force Melo to learn how to defend on the switch, it will effect the teams effort.