Will JR Smith be traded from the Knicks in November?

tiger0330

Legend
JR for Lance Stephenson? I would love it, if just once, we let someone else go after the "talented but volatile" category of player.
Lance is no angel. JR unties opponents shoe laces, Lance blows in your ear.

I think Wargames broke down the trade pretty well. Maybe Charlotte looks to part company with Lance in exchange for JR's expiring next year instead of hanging on to Lance for 2 more years. I also think Wargames is right that if they want Shump also that would be a deal breaker. Lance isn't that talented to trade a former 6th man of the year and Shump but maybe the Knicks do it since they may lose Shump in FA anyway. Using the TPE does make more sense if Charlotte is willing to do that deal.

skisloper

Starter
Lance is no angel. JR unties opponents shoe laces, Lance blows in your ear.

I think Wargames broke down the trade pretty well. Maybe Charlotte looks to part company with Lance in exchange for JR's expiring next year instead of hanging on to Lance for 2 more years. I also think Wargames is right that if they want Shump also that would be a deal breaker. Lance isn't that talented to trade a former 6th man of the year and Shump but maybe the Knicks do it since they may lose Shump in FA anyway. Using the TPE does make more sense if Charlotte is willing to do that deal.

You do not replace a player with a crap attitude with another one.......Do you not understand you need winners to win...Lance and JR do NOT fall into this category........Knicks will have to pair JR/Hardaway or JR/Shump to rid themselves of JR"s 7 million next year that he will opt in for..........I have ZERO problem getting rid of either Shump or Hardaway if it frees up more salary cap for next year and rids us of JR.

tiger0330

Legend
You do not replace a player with a crap attitude with another one.......Do you not understand you need winners to win...Lance and JR do NOT fall into this category........Knicks will have to pair JR/Hardaway or JR/Shump to rid themselves of JR"s 7 million next year that he will opt in for..........I have ZERO problem getting rid of either Shump or Hardaway if it frees up more salary cap for next year and rids us of JR.
Maybe you're right... ESPN Insider came out with an article today criticizing Stephenson for contributing to the Hornets problems and cited his 10.5 PER as one of the leagues worst. Trading knucklehead for knucklehead is bad enough but trading for a knucklehead that can't play is a disaster.

paris401

Starter
I think Wargames broke down the trade pretty well. Maybe Charlotte looks to part company with Lance in exchange for JR's expiring next year instead of hanging on to Lance for 2 more years.

incorrect.. the hornets have lance for 2 more years at 9m per...BUT... the 2nd year is a 'team-option'... so the only diff is next year and the 2.6m extra lance is making...

tiger0330

Legend
incorrect.. the hornets have lance for 2 more years at 9m per...BUT... the 2nd year is a 'team-option'... so the only diff is next year and the 2.6m extra lance is making...
Thanks P. I just saw that, the Hornets have a team option his last year. The Knicks should have a GM as smart, always seems the guys we sign have player options not team options.

I was just reading the guys they might be interested in for him and JR was not mentioned. Makes sense who would want a SG making $6.4M with a PER of 10.3 that can't score, JR will be a tough sell.

skisloper

Starter

I did not know that so thanks for the facts....are u sure its not his option ?
I can see Melo now " I gave up salary to just have lance replace my buddy JR "

Truth is Lance can play as we saw with the Pacers..........IF and only IF they way to get rid of JR was taking Lance then I would do it if in fact the only guarantee was the 2 million more Lance would make then JR...I would not do it if Hardaway or Shump were involved as I think their package together will get us a 1st rounder or a Solid SG.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I hope that JR goes. I`ve finally got sick of him but with the way he is playing now who the heck would want him?

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
JR Smith is ranked 48th out of 50 SGs? Am i surprised? A little. His low Bball IQ must be factored in such a low ranking for such a talented player. He makes spectacular moves at times, when he decides to drive to the hoop that is. But he is a head case. Doesnt undestend what it takes to be a team player, and has losers mentality. I would rather have him than Stevenson though. That guy is... I dont want to be any more negative than i have been thus far.

Wargames

Starter
The original rumor was JR for Copeland and CJ Watson's expiring from the Pacers. Even in that deal I would be interested to see how CJ watson does in the triangle. He could potentially be the long term backup PG. Cope likely wouldn't be kept after his contract expired.