Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Brooklyn Nets (2014/11/07)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
header.jpg

NYK.gif
BKN.gif

(2-3) - (2-2)

VenueTVTIME
BARCLAYS CENTER (BROOKLYN, NY)MSG7:30 PM EST

Possible starters:

quincy_acy.png
paul_pierce.png

carmelo_anthony.png
kevin_garnett.png

samuel_dalembert.png
brook_lopez.png

shane_larkin.png
bojan_bogdanovic.png

iman_shumpert.png
deron_williams.png

Injury Report

New York Knicks
Brooklyn Nets
Andrea Bargnani - Strained Right Hamstring (OUT)Bradley Beal - Fractured left wrist (OUT)
Jose Calderon - Strained Right Calf (OUT)Martell Webster - Back surgery (OUT)

Today in Knicks history
2729257.jpg

November 7th, 2003Allan Houston pours in 39 points and Keith Van Horn adds 20 points in a pulsating, come-from-behind 114-111 win over Sacramento at the Garden. Knicks score 71 points in the second half to fuel the comeback.

Recent meetings
April 15, 2014The New York Knicks finish the 2013-14 season 18-23 on the road after a 109-98 victory over the Brooklyn Nets on April 15, 2014 at the Barclays Center. Tim Hardaway Jr. led the way with a team-high 16 points off the bench while Cole Aldrich recorded a double-double with 13 points and 13 rebounds. Marcus Thornton paced the Nets with 24 points. The New York Knicks went 11-12 from downtown and turned 20 Nets turnovers into
21 points.
April 2, 2014New York- behind an 11-2 run to close out the first quarter- outscored Brooklyn 63-38 in the first half as they cruised to an easy 110-81 victory over the Brooklyn Nets at Madison Square Garden to improve 13-2 over its last 15 games. J.R. Smith led the Knicks with a team high 24 points, a team high six assists and eight rebounds over 35 minutes. Carmelo Anthony posted 23 points and 10 rebounds over 37 minutes for his 22nd doubledouble of the season. Tim Hardaway Jr. recorded 17 points on 7-10 shooting over 28 minutes. Brooklyn was paced by Joe Johnson?s 16 points over 22 minutes. Deron Williams added 12 points.

Another great game thread, thanks Rady. Interesting game tonight to see how well we matchup with Brooklyn right now. Lots of injury problems leads to a starting lineup of Shump and THJ as our starting backcourt. I'm excited to see how this will workout and I am excited for our first Friday Night Knicks of the season. Let's go Knicks!

Huge opportunity for THJ tonight coming off a 20 point scoring effort against Detroit. This franchise wants him to succeed based on contract situations right now. If he can thrive in a starting role tonight and play consistently while we have injury problems, he could easily become a regular member of our starting lineup going forward.

Only took a minute and 20 seconds for us to give the other team their first offensive rebound and put back for a score. Huge negative feature of the Detroit game for us.

tiger0330

Legend
Shump at the point. The combo of Shump and TJH is what I predicted as a starting lineup with Melo at PF. I want to see if this is the best offensive lineup the Knicks have w/o Calderon.

What are Garnett and Jason Smith doing to each other? Both with 2 fouls on plays that have nothing to do with the ball. Oh well, I prefer Acy in there, especially against Garnett. Acy needs to play for this team.

Embarrassing effort on offense in the 1st quarter. We're making a Nets team without Garnett on the floor look like defensive juggernauts. Add in letting Brooklyn hit 6 of 7 from three point range in that quarter and bam, down by 10 already.

Energy lineup out there right now with Larkin, THJ, JR Smith, Acy, and Stat. Let's get something going.

This ref crew is not doing so hot so far. They've made a bunch of questionable calls and missed a couple should of been easy calls already.

Geez, the hell with this kind of play from this team. Except for the last few minutes of the 4th quarter against the Pistons, we have played non-competitive basketball for almost 8 full straight quarters going back to halftime of the Washington game.

Refs give Coach Fisher no choice but to get his first tech of his regular season coaching career. Every play is a defensive foul on us now. Every play.

Lucky to only be down 13 at the half given we were losing by as much as 18 late in the 2nd quarter. We need to be the team for once that comes out stronger in the 3rd quarter if we want to win. Let's see if the guys can do it.

Last edited:

petescud

Starter
Hey guys ... ouch again, but its early in the year. Outplayed and shots not dropping. I still don't condone the Melo signing, he isn't worth that kinda money imo. Will we win 25 games this year