Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Utah Jazz (2014/11/14)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
header.jpg

UTA.gif
NYK.gif

(3-6) - (2-7)

VenueTVTIME
Madison Square Garden, New York, NYMSG7:30 PM EST

Possible starters:

gordon_hayward.png
carmelo_anthony.png

derrick_favors.png
iman_shumpert.png

enes_kanter.png
samuel_dalembert.png

alec_burks.png
timothy_hardaway.png

trey_burke.png
shane_larkin.png

Injury Report

New York Knicks
Orlando Magic
Andrea Bargnani - Strained Right Hamstring (OUT)Rodney Hood ? Right plantar fasciitis (QUES)
Jose Calderon - Strained Right Calf (OUT)Toure? Murry ? Assigned to D-League

Today in Knicks history
51569451.jpg

November 14th, 2000Patrick Ewing scores 10 points with nine rebounds and three blocks over 31 minutes in his first game against the Knicks, leading Seattle to a 96-75 victory in Seattle.

Recent meetings
March 31, 2014After trailing by 10-points in the second quarter, New York rallied in the second half outscoring the Jazz 44-34 in the second half en-route to a 92-83 victory over the Utah Jazz at EnergySolutions Arena. New York finished their western-swing with a 3-2 record. Carmelo Anthony led the Knicks with a team high 34 points on 11-19 shooting and eight rebounds over 39 minutes. Tyson Chandler recorded 15 points and nine rebounds over 35 minutes. J.R. Smith added 13 points. Gordon Hayward paced the Jazz with 18 points over 39 minutes. Derrick Favors posted 13 points and 13 rebounds over 22 minutes.
March 7, 2014New York blitzed Utah in the first quarter as they outscored the Jazz 39-22 in the first twelve minutes and never looked back at they cruised to an easy rout of the Utah Jazz 108-81 at the Garden on a Friday night. The 39 first quarter points were the most points the Knicks have score in any quarter this season. Carmelo Anthony led the Knicks with 29 points and a season high eight assists over 32 minutes. Tyson Chandler posted 16 points and 11 rebounds over 23 minutes for his 13th double-double of the season. Chandler has posted 10 straight double-figure rebounding performances. J.R Smith added 17 points. Alec Burks and Gordon Hayward paced the Jazz with 18 points each.

Thanks for the game thread. I remember that game against Seattle when we had to play against Ewing. Weirdest thing to watch at the time.

With this game against Utah, we continue our trek to determine just how low we can go in the league at this point in the season. If we can't beat Detroit, Orlando, and now possibly Utah, you could make a strong argument we are a bottom 5 or even bottom 3 team in the NBA at this point in the season. I guess that would bode well for a lottery pick. I'm just glad that this is all happening in a season where we actually have a 1st round pick and no one has the right to swap with us.

tiger0330

Legend
Neither PJ or Fisher want to tank the season like the 76ers are doing otherwise they would have let Melo go.

Not sure this is the season you want to tank to get into the lottery, other than Okafor who is considered an impact player in this draft at picks 1-14.

disGRUNTled

Rookie
Neither PJ or Fisher want to tank the season like the 76ers are doing otherwise they would have let Melo go.

Not sure this is the season you want to tank to get into the lottery, other than Okafor who is considered an impact player in this draft at picks 1-14.
Longtime Lurker First Post, 33 years old and a Knicks fan since I can remember , and I am with @htr10 aboard the tank train , why squeeze into the playoffs as a 8th. seed just to get bounced in the 1st.. round ?, When this year we actually will have a pick in the 1st. round besides Okafor , there is Towns, Mudiay, Alexander. I say tank this season, trade JR, Amare off the books save that money and wait for Durant, Get Okafor ala 85' when we got Ewing .For years the Knicks have consistently mortgaged the future to help in the presence, for once they need to sacrifice the present to win in the future. The motto for this year should be "DO NOT SCORE FOR OKAFOR"
giphy.gif

tiger0330

Legend
Longtime Lurker First Post, 33 years old and a Knicks fan since I can remember , and I am with @htr10 aboard the tank train , why squeeze into the playoffs as a 8th. seed just to get bounced in the 1st.. round ?, When this year we actually will have a pick in the 1st. round besides Okafor , there is Towns, Mudiay, Alexander. I say tank this season, trade JR, Amare off the books save that money and wait for Durant, Get Okafor ala 85' when we got Ewing .For years the Knicks have consistently mortgaged the future to help in the presence, for once they need to sacrifice the present to win in the future. The motto for this year should be "DO NOT SCORE FOR OKAFOR"
giphy.gif
Nice first post. Love the motto "DO NOT SCORE FOR OKAFOR". I've been saying the same thing about taking a shot at Durant even if its a long shot since he can pick where he wants to play, if you can't get Gasol or Aldridge then save your cap space to take a shot at KD in 2016.

tiger0330

Legend
The Knicks showing fight .. this could be a winner
Doing it playing Melo ball also. Seems like his old self, not overthinking the triangle and just playing. If the boys win this one I bet that's what he says that he just played and didn't worry about the triangle.

It's Melo versus Hayward. Great battle between two stars but any illusion of this being a team game has gone out the window.

Melo with 41 on unreal shooting from the floor and a ton of free throws, but we are again going to need a last second shot to tie or win. Seen this show so many times before, rarely seems to go in our favor. Let's go Knicks!

jimkcchief88

All Star
That's what what I'm talking about Melo with 41 and counting....we need the"selfish" Melo to have any shot...which is what I was saying in the last GT haters be damned