Game Thread: New York Knicks Milwaukee Bucks (2014/11/18)

mafra

Legend
16 offensive rebounds so far for MIL to our 5. All about heart and effort and a lack thereof or indictment on lineup rotation strategy. Knicks have no junk yard dog fight in them.

Kiyaman

Legend
Stat could've been dunking on the Bucks all night .. Fisher u r sorry letting Melo play the entire 3rd qtr., and at the 4 spot too

We may play at times a fundamentally flawed style of basketball on both ends of the court. But man, you can't say this team doesn't have fight and doesn't want to win. Huge comeback, but will it be yet another too little too late? Let's go Knicks!

Melo, Shump, and THJ all with 20+ points. For some of us, this is exactly what we hoped we'd see this season. Unfortunately, down 6 with 33 seconds to go and it may all be for nothing.

Kiyaman

Legend
down by 4, Melo brings the ball up court (Why?), gives ball to JR who dribble fumble loose ball, Shump grab ball in backcourt and throw it to Melo who wasnt paying attention to let the ball go out of bounds. We needed that two
ugh o
Bad decision making on Hardaway

Melo, Stat, Shump, THJ, and JR on the court. Those are our best 5 players. It's a screwed up lineup, but man, it's what I want to see on the court and we are finally getting it.

Bayless buries us at the line. Don't get me wrong, it's a bad loss, but it became an exciting game, which is worth something when your team is more or less continuing to play lottery ball. We can build on this game, even if our season continues to become more and more of a lost cause.

tiger0330

Legend
Nice comeback and we scored over 100 points again which is a positive. Still waiting for Calderon to see where this team really stands, Larkin is just too timid in taking a shot.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Shump was awesome.

Nice comeback and we scored over 100 points again which is a positive. Still waiting for Calderon to see where this team really stands, Larkin is just too timid in taking a shot.

I feel more positive than other lost games that were close, probably because it was the defense that lead the way (lead by Shumpert). I'm interested in what Calderon will do. He could be significant if he's healthy.

mafra

Legend
The Bucks outrebounded the Knicks 44-28, even with Pachulia replacing starting center Larry Sanders (bruised thigh) at the last minute.

"They wanted it at times a little bit more than we did," Knicks coach Derek Fisher said. "It wasn't until the third quarter really started to get out of hand that we started to put the right mindset into playing with a sense of urgency."

(AP Recap)

“Our offense was coming so easy it put us in a mindset we didn’t have to get stops,” Fisher said. “The challenge is being a team where defense is how to win. Tonight we didn’t believe defense was how to win until we got behind.”

(NY Post)

Last edited:
we've been building for how many years now???? when r we going to be ready to move-in??

I totally agree, but the last "rebuild" gave us a division title and 2 seed in the East two seasons ago, so there was some payoff for a team that had previously been a league-wide joke (and now is back to being one for now at least). I'm not saying that was good enough given the time it took to get there and how it only lasted one season, but yes, we've moved into another building period for this team. At least this time around we have a couple young guys, an upcoming 1st round draft pick, and immediate cap relief at the end of this season. It's PJ's job to do something with all that as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
I was at this game and I did enjoy the comeback as I sat with a bunch of KNicks fans in one section that wasn't planned. Knicks defense was putrid in this game...so pathetic i was embarassed