Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Minnesota Timberwolves (2014/11/18)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
header.jpg

NYK.gif
MIN.gif

(3-9) - (2-7)

VenueTVTIME
Target Center, Minneapolis, MNMSG8:00 PM EST

Possible starters:

carmelo_anthony.png
andrew_wiggins.png

jr_smith.png
anthony_bennett.png

samuel_dalembert.png
gorgui_dieng.png

shane_larkin.png
kevin_martin.png

iman_shumpert.png
zach_lavine.png

Injury Report

New York Knicks
Minnesota Timberwolves
Andrea Bargnani - Strained Right Hamstring (OUT)Nikola Pekovic -Sprained right wrist (OUT)
Jose Calderon - Strained Right Calf (OUT)Ricky Rubio -Sprained left ankle (OUT)
Cleanthony Early - Injured Right Knee (OUT)Ronny Turiaf -Sore right hip (OUT)
Thaddeus Young - Personal reasons (OUT)

Today in Knicks history
350345.jpg

November 19th, 1996Patrick Ewing becomes the 23rd player in NBA history to reach the 20,000 career point mark in the Knicks 92-88 win at Orlando. He finishes the night with 24 points and 16 rebounds

Recent meetings
March 5, 2014New York jumped out of the gates early grabbing a 38-24 lead after 12 minutes but this time was able to close the game out as they cruised to a 118-106 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves at the Target Center to snap its seven-game losing streak. Carmelo Anthony led the Knicks with 33 points, five rebounds and five assists over 43 minutes. Raymond Felton put together one of his best games of the season with 18 points, eight assists and three rebounds over 31 minutes. This was the first time this season that all five New York starters finished the night in double-figure points. Minnesota was paced by Kevin Love?s19 points and eight rebounds over 36 minutes. Ricky Rubio posted 11 points, eight assists, and six rebounds over 32 minutes.
November 3, 2013New York fell behind fast and early as they were dealt a 40-19 deficit after the first quarter and things stayed the same the rest of the way as the Minnesota Timberwolves defeated the New York Knicks 109-100 at the Garden. Carmelo Anthony paced the Knicks with 22 points and 17 rebounds over 44 minutes. Andrea Bargnani posted 14 points and three rebounds over 19 minutes. Iman Shumpert added 12 points. Kevin Love led the Wolves with 34 points and 15 rebounds over 41 minutes. Kevin Martin recorded 30 points on 9-12 shooting over 36 minutes. Nikola Pekovic added 11 points and 12 rebounds over 41 minutes.

Thanks for another great game thread.

Did we learn anything from last night? Can we carry forward what we did right late in the game, instead of what we did wrong starting in the 2nd quarter? I guess we'll find out. Minnesota is a really beatable team, but then again, so are we. Let's go Knicks!

Pre-game show saying that Acy, who did not play last night, will rejoin the starting lineup and JR will go back to the bench.

Defense continues to be poor and our shooters are cold. Shump is 1 for 9 in a JR Smith-esque display of following a great game with a miserable one so far. Melo trying to get us back in the game in the middle of the 2nd quarter, but we just look flat.

Kiyaman

Legend
Its easy to see why the Wolves record is 2-7 .. jumper jumper jumper jumper jumper n no D
We know why the Knicks are 3-9 .. jumper jumper jumper jumper jumper jumper n no D

Second night in a row we are going to allow 60+ points in the first half? Twolves with 58 with a minute and a half left to go in the 1st half.

Kiyaman

Legend
When is Fisher going to put Dally, Stat, and Acy in a lineup this season? Especially vs small-ball teams like the Wolves, Bucks, Magic, Pistons, and have Larkins & Shump slash to the basket so our bigs could score on put backs.

Stat Spose to average 25 to 30 pts on all the small-ball teams we played .. but Fisher rather jumper jumper jumper all game.
Woodson Woodson Woodson
51 - 64 halftime guess who got the lead

Kiyaman

Legend
None of these idiots know how to pass to Stat in the middle, WHY?
Because they never practice passing down low .. when Melo always calling for the ball on the perimeter
Stat wants outta here!!!

We're pretty terrible at this point. Are we going to be the team that loses to Philly when we play them on Saturday night in MSG? Geez, I hope not, but we may be their best chance to win a game

mafra

Legend
We're pretty terrible at this point. Are we going to be the team that loses to Philly when we play them on Saturday night in MSG? Geez, I hope not, but we may be their best chance to win a game

With 3 minutes left in the third quarter, our starting PF and C (Act & Daly) have a combined 5 points and 4 rebounds. Meanwhile, our top 3 guards (Larkin, Shump, & JR) have a combined 8 points (3-15 shooting). We are playing a lousy defensive team... Not the 80s Pistons.

Other than that... Lol.

look, we'll never know what might have been this year if we didn't play first 15 games without Calderon and Bargnani.... But we do know that this team is a long, long way away. We are so bad... I'm not even sure we'll be able to attract any type-a, max free agent. Why would rondo, dragic or gasol come to NY when they can make more elsewhere (considering tax issues) and have a better shot to win.

we also have no draft pick in 2016...
So, our best bet is to TANK the season and get a lottery pick and hope we land a top 3 selection. That is how we improve.

Yeah, I hear you, but the reality is that with 69 games to play, we're only 2 and a half games out of a playoff seed in the East. You don't want to watch an entire season of terrible basketball just for a chance at a possible impact player in the future. I want Calderon to get healthy and us to turn into some semblance of a functional team. Until then, we are continuing to play bottom 3 lottery ball.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dont feel bad the Nets loss to the Bucks too .. in a triple overtime.
Giannis is the man. The thought of us waiving him, and Kidd picking him up off waiver gave Giannis a future in the NBA.

tiger0330

Legend
Dont feel bad the Nets loss to the Bucks too .. in a triple overtime.
Giannis is the man. The thought of us waiving him, and Kidd picking him up off waiver gave Giannis a future in the NBA.
Giannis was a 1st round draft pick for the Bucks. You must be thinking of his brother who is playing for the Westchester Knicks. We drafted him with this years late 2nd round pick.

Broadway

All Star
Yeah, I hear you, but the reality is that with 69 games to play, we're only 2 and a half games out of a playoff seed in the East. You don't want to watch an entire season of terrible basketball just for a chance at a possible impact player in the future. I want Calderon to get healthy and us to turn into some semblance of a functional team. Until then, we are continuing to play bottom 3 lottery ball.

Yes you do when said player is playing a season in parallel, and putting up other worldly numbers. Have you heard of this kid by the name of Jahil Okafor? Catch some Duke games this year, a winning program btw and get back with me on this.

This Knicks team is PURE TRASH

mafra

Legend
Yes you do when said player is playing a season in parallel, and putting up other worldly numbers. Have you heard of this kid by the name of Jahil Okafor? Catch some Duke games this year, a winning program btw and get back with me on this.

This Knicks team is PURE TRASH

Okafor reminds me of another burgeoning star: Anthony Davis. He's not he only BG in the draft ether: Towns, Turner, Portis... Another big from Latvia. There's a legit PG in T-Jones, and Mudiay (albeit a project). PLUS a bunch of wing players.

I think we are better served (moving fwd) getting one of these players. WE have no 1st rounder in 2016.

Sure, if we go 45-20... get the 3-6 seed... I'm all for it. But, how does it help going 35-31? OUR goal is to build for 2015-2018 window.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
It's best for this team to get a lot better this season. Look at the Sixers. They're right back where they were last year, as far as winning goes anyway. Is there injuries on that team? I don't know.

Actually it seems odd what the Sixers are doing. They've been rebuilding and getting younger, but was trading a young player in Jrue Holiday a good idea? It's like they're going for the youngest team of all-time.