Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Boston Celtics (2014/12/12)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
header.jpg

NYK.gif
AT.png
BOS.gif

(4-20) (7-13)

VenueTVTIME
TD Garden, Boston, MAMSG7:30 PM EST

Possible starters:

quincy_acy.png
jeff_green.png

tim_hardaway_jr.png
jared_sullinger.png

amare_stoudemire.png
tyler_zeller.png

jose_calderon.png
avery_bradley.png

iman_shumpert.png
rajon_rondo.png

Injury Report

New York Knicks
Boston Celtics
Carmelo Anthony -Sore Left Knee (QUEST)Vitor Faverani - Left Knee Surgery (OUT)
JR Smith - Sore Left Heel (QUEST)-
Cleanthony Early - Injured Right Knee (OUT)-
Andrea Bargnani - Strained Right Calf (OUT)-

Today in Knicks history
107543905.jpg

December 12, 2010Amar?e Stoudemire sets a franchise record with his eighth consecutive 30-point effort, scoring 30 points in 129-125 win versus Denver.

Recent meetings
March 12, 2014The Knicks extended their winning streak to five-games as they continued dominated the Boston Celtics en route to a 116-92 victory at TD Garden. New York was led by its all-star Carmelo Anthony?s 34 points and nine rebounds over 39 minutes. Cole Aldrich, in his first career start, recorded 12 points and 10 rebounds over 25 minutes for his first double-double of the season. This was Aldrich?s first double-double since Apr. 14, 2013 at HOU (12 points and 10 rebounds with SAC). Tim Hardaway Jr. posted his second consecutive 20-point performance with 22 points on 7-11 shooting and three rebounds over 38 minutes. J.R. Smith added 13 points and four assists over 29 minutes. Boston was paced by Jeff Green?s 27 points on 10-21 shooting over 41 minutes. Kris Humphries and Jarryd Bayless each added 15 points apiece.
January 28, 2014New York came out of the gates on fire as took a 15-0 run in the first quarter and rode it to a 114-88 victory over the Boston Celtics to extend its three-game winning streak at Madison Square Garden. Carmelo Anthony led the way with 24 points, nine rebounds and four assists over 28 minutes. Tyson Chandler posted 12 points and 13 rebounds for his sixth double-double over 23 minutes. Chandler has recorded double-digit rebounds in five of his last six games. Jeremy Tyler recorded a career high 17 points on 7-9 shooting over 23 minutes. Tim Hardaway Jr. added 16 points and J.R. Smith 17 points both off the bench. Jeff Green paced the Boston Celtics with 14 points and seven rebounds over 27 minutes. Chris Johnson and Kris Humphries posted 12 points off the bench.
CONNECTIONS

tiger0330

Legend
No Melo and JR and without them that Celtic squad looks way better than the Knicks. Not playing at home my bet is the Knicks add to their NBA leading 20 losses.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
No Melo and no JR? Without those two ball haggers they will play together, move the ball and win this game tonight. They play with more energy on the road than at home for some reason. Hopefully Celdicks take us lightly for this one. I know we lost with the same roster to SA, but SA B team is better than this Celtics team by far.

Thanks for another great game thread. We stink until further notice, regardless of who plays or doesn't play. I wouldn't take us against anybody in the league except maybe Philly. Obviously we will win some more games this year, but that's only because there are so many games left to be played. Only hope is that one of these games everything just clicks from top to bottom, but that is an if, not when, scenario. Let's go Knicks!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Looking forward to see my first game of the season, i actually think we're gonna to push for a win tonight!

Kiyaman

Legend
Looking forward to see my first game of the season, i actually think we're gonna to push for a win tonight!

Wsup rady .... Great Game-Thread
If Rondo out-coach Fisher for a Boston WIN tonite .. Phil better sign Rondo in the offseason for whatever

rady

Administrator
Staff member
What's good Kiya! Pretty satisfied with our filed goal shooting so far
Glad i found an MSG stream couldn't stand the boston commentary.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Free League Pass this weekend Rady if you Cable/Dish or whatever. I'm watching on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm watching it on my PC and the league pass website doesn't have the free weekend, I'm fine with this MSG stream I found tho

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Nice way to end the second quarter!!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Oh snap, Shump got his shoulder dislocated, not returning to the game

jimkcchief88

All Star
No offense on the game thread Rady it's just fine, but I miss those classic, KO.Com Metrocard Knicks vs the Smelldicks threads:( my snake misses it's mongoose lol:)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
No pun taken but that's all I can give right now, barely find time for these standard game threads but if anyone wants to make one he can just start one.

On a brighter note, the new website is 70% ready. Still needs some responsive adjustments and a schedule plugin to be developed and hopefully we'll launch it before Christmas