Injuries to JRsmith and Shump

Kiyaman

Legend
In the case of JR it really IS a sore left foot. With Shump he got paid for the constant reaching in to gamble on steals.
Man was he ever in pain when his arm ripped out of his socket.

IanBegley
Knicks say J.R. Smith has small partial tear of the plantar fascia on his left foot. He is questionable for tomorrow & will be day-to-day.

Al_Iannazzone
Knicks say An MRI to Iman Shumpert's left shoulder confirmed a dislocation. No surgery is necessary. He'll be reevaluated in about 3 weeks.

I give the 5-20 Knicks record to coach Fisher substitution of to many guards in the lineup.
Larkin and THJ never should've been in the rotation lineup the first 20 games, unless it was garbage time minutes.

Knicks player Wear performance would look best at the SG position in a lineup with players playing their original position (C-Dally, PF-Stat, SF-Melo, SG-Wear, PG-Calderon).
Something the Knicks don't do .... Recall, Knicks playing 5.7 Nate Robinson at SG for 5 straight years, after Nate won the MVP in the summer league as a PG averaging above 10 assist, 3 steals, 2 turnovers, and no losses.

If PJ expected to make any moves, I'm guessing this puts a huge damper on them. If PJ was going to stand pat, then all this does is leave the door wide open for THJ to seize the day. With Shump and JR out, I expect to see even more lineups with two out of Calderon/Prigs/Larkin at the court, which at times has been effective

tiger0330

Legend
Went to see the Westchester Knicks on Saturday. They got blitzed by the Bakersfield Jam 110-86 led by of all people the former Knick Earl Barron.

It's an opportunity to call up someone from the Knicks D-League squad to replace Shump but I don't think it will be Ante. He's not ready, impressive athlete and he made one spectacular fast break slam dunk where his head was above the rim when he slammed it in but he can't shoot the ball, he's 41% from the floor and 21% from three and has a 61% FT.

He's only 6'7" and I don't think he can play the PF position so he's a wing that can't shoot other than making some thrilling dunks. Langston Galloway is the guy they bring up if the Knicks look at their D-League squad for help but he's small at 6'2" for a SG.

Went to see the Westchester Knicks on Saturday. They got blitzed by the Bakersfield Jam 110-86 led by of all people the former Knick Earl Barron.

It's an opportunity to call up someone from the Knicks D-League squad to replace Shump but I don't think it will be Ante. He's not ready, impressive athlete and he made one spectacular fast break slam dunk where his head was above the rim when he slammed it in but he can't shoot the ball, he's 41% from the floor and 21% from three and has a 61% FT.

He's only 6'7" and I don't think he can play the PF position so he's a wing that can't shoot other than making some thrilling dunks. Langston Galloway is the guy they bring up if the Knicks look at their D-League squad for help but he's small at 6'2" for a SG.

Yeah, I was really disappointed to watch Ante in a couple D-league games on tv and realize that he is a horrible shooter who doesn't know not to keep chucking up shots. His corner threes, they look like something a center would chuck up just before the buzzer at the end of the quarter. But yeah, he is a freak athlete.

Kiyaman

Legend

Ante talent is the same as a young raw Trevor Ariza, who never shot from the perimeter until his 5th season in the league as a Laker working-out with teammate Derek Fisher and Odom.
Ante and Wear would probably work well on a uptempo team as a fresh legs running 2nd unit lineup.
Having a coach that always point out their strong points, and play them to their best talent that got them into the NBA.
Both "Ante and Wear" are BIG-GUARDS in the NBA.

The Knicks dont need any more perimeter shooters on the roster, the Knicks need to get rid of all their to soft-players always shooting from the perimeter on a 3 on 2 fastbreak.
The Knicks remind me of the Euro Teams back in the 1990's that the original "Dream-Team" beat by 40 to 60 points a game with screen/picks/boxout to drive the lane to score.

Ante n Wear are the Big-Guard that will screen/pick/boxout/rebound/pass for the Win.
The two are not jump-shooters yet! Recall .. Pippin never took jumpshots until his 4th and 5th season in the NBA.