Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Toronto Raptors (2014/12/14)

Kiyaman

Legend
There's your boy Wear Kiya almost back to back TO's um um um:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the 4th quarter certain players shouldn't be on the court.

Larkin
Tim Hardaway Jr
Wear .. unless on defense as a Big-Guard
and u dont put in a 3 guard lineup when the three guards are frighten to drive the lane to pick up a foul

Nice overtime game .. little flaws in the game

mafra

Legend
In the 4th quarter certain players shouldn't be on the court.

Larkin
Tim Hardaway Jr
Wear .. unless on defense as a Big-Guard
and u dont put in a 3 guard lineup when the three guards are frighten to drive the lane to pick up a foul

Nice overtime game .. little flaws in the game

Fisher certainly not 1/300th the coach Kerr is. This much is obvious. Check out the stats, bc there's no way this team should have lost this game: at home, and they lead in EVERY stat on the book... yet still lost b/c team was out of gas the final 10 minutes of play.

Kiyaman

Legend
I understand. Same thing happened last year. STILL... for a 125 million... maybe he should get in better condition, and stop meeting with his cousin-friend-brand-manager and focus on finishing games... not his next biz venture.

STOP BEING SO LAZY and settling for a 19-footer and drive to the hoop and get to the FT line.

I also realize that it's impossible to judge Melo because he is playing with utter trash. Would you pass to any of these tools if you were Melo?

BUT... after 2-3 years of coming up small in the 4th... Raise your hand if you are confident he'll flip a switch next year and start knocking down shots when the game is on the line?

A true franchise / max player must be better than 2-17 when games are decided by under 7 points.

:agreed: same ole bull next year

This was the most prevalent action that this player had on the field... as I wrote in another thread, I can see the style on the glasses, but the vision is blur...He ain't no title winner like horace grant or James Worthy... It was sad...the guy known to be very humble and philanthropic...you can see that he has a special character...but yesterday, it was not to happen...him and some other players that did not wanted to play... of course the defeat cannot be blamed on one player, I could see that lack of emotional balance was very present on the team even when the coach was giving his speech in the Time-out...the fitness is not there as well...they could play strong in the first 2 quarters and some of the third, but of a sudden...puff...all was gone... something that you could easily see then on the OT. Referee also picked up on some situations that not sure he made the right calls.

2d2657692ebe9980ab89efc1ee1c59c7c42775f8d2531d76dc2adad5bea7394b2.jpg

tiger0330

Legend
This was the most prevalent action that this player had on the field... as I wrote in another thread, I can see the style on the glasses, but the vision is blur...He ain't no title winner like horace grant or James Worthy... It was sad...the guy known to be very humble and philanthropic...you can see that he has a special character...but yesterday, it was not to happen...him and some other players that did not wanted to play... of course the defeat cannot be blamed on one player, I could see that lack of emotional balance was very present on the team even when the coach was giving his speech in the Time-out...the fitness is not there as well...they could play strong in the first 2 quarters and some of the third, but of a sudden...puff...all was gone... something that you could easily see then on the OT. Referee also picked up on some situations that not sure he made the right calls.

View attachment 565
Welcome to KOL donvalmont. At least you had great seats and it was a good game to watch despite the loss.

seats were great. coming from Portugal. I was expecting a little bit more from the team...it felt odd that all knees were shaking on most of the knicks players when these Williams was coming in for moments of his brilliance. will post a bit more of the game later. would you agree that fitness and lack of emotional stability is part of the current lack of success this season? I have seen Anthony doing great, despite slow start. Hardaway had a good match but there was something not so positive attitude towards some players of his own team. Acy was not bad either, despite not playing that often, but mostly keeping his composure. I saw a couple of defensive errors that I am not sure if they are permanent in a basketball team ( regardless of the team ) or if it was yesterday. My sensation at some point ( while I was happy with us winning in the first quarters ) was that Toronto wanted to get the Knicks tired before they stepped up the pace... ) one another question...I remember when I used to watch more often before (in my second spell of nba ) that sprewell was bringing amazing creativity and irreverence in the field... the only moment that I saw that was when a player (no.#31) from toronto produced a great slam dunk... is there any player in the current team or potential future signing of bringing such to the MSG in your opinions?

tiger0330

Legend
the only moment that I saw that was when a player (no.#31) from toronto produced a great slam dunk... is there any player in the current team or potential future signing of bringing such to the MSG in your opinions?
The Knicks have hopes that Thanasis Antetokounmpo could be a Terence Ross #31 type of player. Maybe you've heard of him since he's from Greece, he's the older brother of Giannis who plays for the Bucks. Has major hops but needs to develop a perimeter shot before he makes it in the league.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks have hopes that Thanasis Antetokounmpo could be a Terence Ross #31 type of player. Maybe you've heard of him since he's from Greece, he's the older brother of Giannis who plays for the Bucks. Has major hops but needs to develop a perimeter shot before he makes it in the league.

Tiger .. I like Ante all-around talent, his defensive game is overall better than the majority of Knicks players.
Ante offensive game is inside scoring, screening/picking/boxing-out for his teammates to score or rebound.
Ante type of talent is what Fisher could use to work on the "Triangle-System" defense, to make it work.
Ante don't need to be working on any 20 feet jumpers, or start taking any 15 feet or more outside jumpers his first 2 full season in the NBA. Ante need to work on his catch/pass within 3 seconds to get his teammates to start cutting or moving quick expecting a pass, these are the talents that made Ante a product to the NBA (like his brother).

For the Knicks to be contenders .. the coaching-staff can not depend on draft-picks or the big $$$ FA market. The coaching-staff has to do what the Pat Riley coaching-staff did for the Knicks, build from athleticism and energy talent players with a strong second wind. Pat Riley found "John Starks and Anthony Mason" playing in the pro CBA league, and sign them as Knicks. These two players played a strong-role their first two seasons in the Patrick Ewing era of going to the ECF, and next season to the FINALS.