Melo May be shutting it down

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I guess with the team obviously tanking it doesn't really matter, especially considering that many fans already quit this season.

skisloper

Starter
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=12113567

Melo haters, your wishes may come true( at least for this season)...have fun watching "JR and four white guys" for the rest of the season lol:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meli is with us for for 4 more years after this season......he should shut it down....we are not making the playoffs and if his knee needs any small surgery he should get it now.....we will be a lottery team with a chance to Okafur and money to spend on a top free agent or at least get some solid players.....

tiger0330

Legend
They weren't winning with him in the lineup but he at least made the games close. With the Knicks record they might as well throw up the white flag and shut down Melo they ain't making the playoffs.

Just wish the NBA was like football where the worst team gets the top pick rather than this lotto system where the worst team gets a 25% shot at the number 1.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Lol ok and u actually replied to Leflumes original post of the same last nite :"I thought I was watching a Gonzaga game" Do us all a favor and give yourself a NEGATIVE rep point on Chief:)

All our guys could be painted solid gold and we'd still be worthless right now. Melo should have the surgery he needs to fix his knee. No reason not to do it at this point.

Kiyaman

Legend
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=12113567

Melo haters, your wishes may come true( at least for this season)...have fun watching "JR and four white guys" for the rest of the season lol:)

Here's the headliners for the Knicks after a 5-30 start:

"Knicks News & Rumors: Could Carmelo Anthony Sit Out Remainder of NBA Season?"
"Knicks ought to put Carmelo on the shelf"
"Knicks ready to shut down Carmelo Anthony for the season"
"New York Knicks discuss shutting down Carmelo Anthony"
Read more: http://sportsglory.com/nba/knicks-ready-shut-carmelo-anthony-season/33105#ixzz3NovEfojf

It looks like the media is promoting Melo to sit out the remainder 47 games of season.

jimkcchief88

All Star
It makes sense to shut Melo down Kiya cause Melo goes hard....that fact gets lost in all the rhetoric....if Melo plays its 40 plus minutes balls out and you haters never give him credit for the effort:(

skisloper

Starter
Lol ok and u actually replied to Leflumes original post of the same last nite :"I thought I was watching a Gonzaga game" Do us all a favor and give yourself a NEGATIVE rep point on Chief:)

should have started Ware and gone with the 5 white guys.

Kiyaman

Legend
It makes sense to shut Melo down Kiya cause Melo goes hard....that fact gets lost in all the rhetoric....if Melo plays its 40 plus minutes balls out and you haters never give him credit for the effort:(

u ever thought those 40 great minutes of Melo's effort is the reason for the Knicks 8-15 start in 2011?
or a 10-22 start in 2013?
or a 5-30 start in 2014?

Or did we forget Melo's 8 star seasons on the Denver Nuggets had great NBA leadership teammates like Nene 7 seasons, Camby 6 seasons, K-Mart 6 seasons, Allen Iverson 3 seasons, Chauncey Billups 3 seasons.
These are the teammates that gave the Nuggets a 50 win season for 6 seasons of Melo tour with the Denver Nuggets.
The behind close door rumors of teammates after playing with Carmelo Anthony has NBA players distancing themselves from being a Knicks as if the Knicks still has Starbury running the offense.

jimkcchief88

All Star
u ever thought those 40 great minutes of Melo's effort is the reason for the Knicks 8-15 start in 2011?
or a 10-22 start in 2013?
or a 5-30 start in 2014?

Or did we forget Melo's 8 star seasons on the Denver Nuggets had great NBA leadership teammates like Nene 7 seasons, Camby 6 seasons, K-Mart 6 seasons, Allen Iverson 3 seasons, Chauncey Billups 3 seasons.
These are the teammates that gave the Nuggets a 50 win season for 6 seasons of Melo tour with the Denver Nuggets.
The behind close door rumors of teammates after playing with Carmelo Anthony has NBA players distancing themselves from being a Knicks as if the Knicks still has Starbury running the offense.

And the flip side of the coin? What about Denver's Western Conference Finals appearance? What about our first Atlantic division title in a decade and The Eastern Semis? What I' saying is you can't blame Melo all the bad forgetting about the good... He is just one player in a team sport playing for a rookie head coach. So the major question is: If Melo does shut it down, what are you haters going to talk about and who are you going to BLAME????

Kiyaman

Legend
Did anyone actually believe Melo style of playing will adapt to a triangle-offense?

Super Star Kobe Bryant 19 year career has not went pass the first round playoff without Phil Jackson as the head coach.
Phil Jackson needed PG-Ron Harper & SG-Rick Fox to get ball-hogger Kobe Bryant to play into the triangle offense.
When Phil came out of his 2nd retirement he needed PG-Derek Fisher & SF-Odoms to get Kobe to play into the triangle offense.

It is difficult for Phil & Fisher to find winning veteran players willing to be Carmelo Anthony teammate.
It's especially difficult now, after Knicks owner Dolan gave Melo a 5 yr $124M contract.
Who Team? Melo's team!
5-30 season start.
Phil Jackson like Isiah Thomas in 2005. when Dolan hired coach Larry Brown is headed for a 23 win season.

tiger0330

Legend
Shutting down a guy you signed just 6 months ago for 125M who plays for 2 months of his 5 year contract sounds like exactly what has doomed the Knicks for the last 45 years.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Did anyone actually believe Melo style of playing will adapt to a triangle-offense?

Super Star Kobe Bryant 19 year career has not went pass the first round playoff without Phil Jackson as the head coach.
Phil Jackson needed PG-Ron Harper & SG-Rick Fox to get ball-hogger Kobe Bryant to play into the triangle offense.
When Phil came out of his 2nd retirement he needed PG-Derek Fisher & SF-Odoms to get Kobe to play into the triangle offense.

It is difficult for Phil & Fisher to find winning veteran players willing to be Carmelo Anthony teammate.
It's especially difficult now, after Knicks owner Dolan gave Melo a 5 yr $124M contract.
Who Team? Melo's team!
5-30 season start.
Phil Jackson like Isiah Thomas in 2005. when Dolan hired coach Larry Brown is headed for a 23 win season.

We are 35 games into the Melo-Phil-Triangle-tenure and you already KNOW it's a failure WOW...can I get the winning Mega numbers while you are at it oh great one???? And you already know that NO MAX type player will come to NYC to play with Melo this summer???? WOW again...Good thing you weren't running the Cowboys Kiya when Aikman went 2-14 his first year.....You would have prematurely pronounced failure, broken up the triplets, and there would have been no Dynasty on Chief

Kiyaman

Legend
And the flip side of the coin? What about Denver's Western Conference Finals appearance? What about our first Atlantic division title in a decade and The Eastern Semis? What I' saying is you can't blame Melo all the bad forgetting about the good... He is just one player in a team sport playing for a rookie head coach. So the major question is: If Melo does shut it down, what are you haters going to talk about and who are you going to BLAME????

Did u think the Detroit Pistons were gonna win the NBA title when they picked a bust in the draft instead of selecting Carmelo Anthony with their pick in 2003?
The Detroit Pistons NBA title MVP went to Chauncey Billups.
It was Chauncey Billups who carried the Denver Nuggets on his back to the WCF.
We all know the best PG in the NBA after Magic Johnson were Jason Kidd & John Stocton.
It was Jason Kidd's relentless 4th quarter tactics in 2012-13 that won the Division Title for the Knicks with a 54 win season.

So your quoted question,
"So the major question is: If Melo does shut it down, what are you haters going to talk about and who are you going to BLAME????"
Winning 2 games out of 10 games without a ($124M) Melo is better than a 5-30 record with a Melo in the line-up for 40 minutes padding his scoring stats the first 3 quarters of the game.

The Knicks roster is practically the same as the Cavs roster (rookie coach and all), only thing is the Cavs $40M contract player Lebron James average 35 minutes, 25 pts on 18 shots per, 8 ast, 5 rb, 1 stl, 1 blk, 3 turnovers, and his Cavs team record are 19-15, because Lebron is a team-player and a 4th quarter defensive hustler scorer.

Melo 5-30 record compared to Lebron 19-15 record.

Kiyaman

Legend
Shutting down a guy you signed just 6 months ago for 125M who plays for 2 months of his 5 year contract sounds like exactly what has doomed the Knicks for the last 45 years.

It sounds like $125M player cant find 4 players out of 14 players on roster to close out a game with.
What makes it extra bad is Melo had the same problem with the 14 players on last season 2013-14 roster.
That's two Knicks seasons over 2 months into the season .. Shutting Melo down!!!

paris401

Starter
And you already know that NO MAX type player will come to NYC to play with Melo this summer???? WOW againSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well tonite gasol (prob the top FA) will see the knicks up close and personal.. I'm sure tomorrow he will be on to his agent with instructions... GET ME ON THE KNICKS

no crystal ball needed....