Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456782232 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Is just my imagination and does all of a sudden this seem like a "deep" draft when previously it was described as a weak one? Maybe we're just making it sound like a better draft class because we're in the lottery.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Is just my imagination and does all of a sudden this seem like a "deep" draft when previously it was described as a weak one? Maybe we're just making it sound like a better draft class because we're in the lottery.
    It has the potential to be extremely good-great, aside from what has transpired with the Knicks this year

12th man

Didn't Magic Johnson say this was a good year to be in the lottery because there were a number of franchise players available. Looking more likely Melo played his last game yesterday increasing the chances the Knicks finish with the worst record. The boys have to win 12 games out of the remaining 30 to avoid finishing with the worst record in franchise history, my bet is we set that record also.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Didn't Magic Johnson say this was a good year to be in the lottery because there were a number of franchise players available. Looking more likely Melo played his last game yesterday increasing the chances the Knicks finish with the worst record. The boys have to win 12 games out of the remaining 30 to avoid finishing with the worst record in franchise history, my bet is we set that record also.

12 out of 30? that means the Knicks have a magic number for losing, and most likely, ping pong ball rulers!
    #tankerbockers

http://testicle.com is House of Dong

12th man

A week before they drop the ping-pong-balls the NBA CEO will have a conference on all the LOSER teams that apply for the Lottery balls.
    The first discussion of the CEO will be which Lottery-team had the lowest home attendance?
    The teams with the lowest home attendance ussually receive the top 3 picks.
    This is a Bussiness!!!
    The Knicks Home attendance (above 19,500 per game), lead the league with the most sold-out Home-Games .. Now u know why owner Dolan could tell a long time Knicks fan to go support another team. The CEO will also take Dolan remark in consideration.
    Knicks get 4th or 5th pick .. who will that be???

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    A week before they drop the ping-pong-balls the NBA CEO will have a conference on all the LOSER teams that apply for the Lottery balls.
    The first discussion of the CEO will be which Lottery-team had the lowest home attendance?
    The teams with the lowest home attendance ussually receive the top 3 picks.
    This is a Bussiness!!!
    The Knicks Home attendance (above 19,500 per game), lead the league with the most sold-out Home-Games .. Now u know why owner Dolan could tell a long time Knicks fan to go support another team. Thnthe Knie CEO will also take Dolan remark in consideration.
    Knicks get 4th or 5th pick .. who will that be???
    Surprised nobody started a thread about Dolans email to Irving Bierman. Calling a fan an alcoholic and telling him to root for the Nets, is that any way to treat a paying customer? Dolan is an idiot and that group that is trying to raise the money for a billboard to have him sell the team is a start but what Knicks fans need to do is boycott the games. I have commented before how it always surprises me how full MSG is with the Knicks awful record but maybe fans should reconsider giving Dolan their hard earned money after this,

the problem with boycotting is the fact that more than half the seats sold are to corporations and season ticket holders, and that percentage could be MUCH higher. I went to a meet and greet at the garden a few years ago, to bring in season ticket buyers, and there were so few seats actually available in the good sections, it was ridiculous.

the corporations and rich people who buy season tickets take it off their taxes as entertainment expense, they don't give a f*ck about boycott, they're entertaining clients and giving props to their employees. none of these people are boycotting, they're getting freebies.

it's the upper levels and the corners of the garden where tickets are sold, and there are SO MANY PEOPLE who clamor for tickets amongst tourists and lastly, Knicks fans, that a boycott is not the answer.

I'm all about the guys who want to buy a billboard to oust Dolan. If Daddy Dolan gets so embarrassed by his son's antics, I believe only then will little Jimmy be relieved of his duties.

it only seems deep because Knicks actually have a chance at a good pick this year, and the media (and Knicks forums) are all over who's available, this year more than any other. hence, I agree with you.

I believe this will be the 20th draft conducted under the current format. Only twice has the team with the worst record "won" the 1 pick ...

I think there are 5 "difference makers" -- Okafor, Towns, Russell, Mudiay, Porzingis

then a bunch of possible "stars" - Stanley Johnson, Cauley-Stein, Herzonja +???

Just think… When we started breaking things down for Lebron… in 2008… If we lose 4 more games those first 2 seasons… instead of Gallinari and Hill, we draft Steph Curry & Russell Westbrook.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by CoolClyde View Post
    If Daddy Dolan gets so embarrassed by his son's antics, I believe only then will little Jimmy be relieved of his duties.
    I'm not so sure... daddy is a bit of a nut toooo... a few years ago for july 4th... daddy went mano a mano with.... Wang... a Chinese fellow in his 'hood.. how the fuk does an Irishman think he can out-do a chinaman where fireworks were invented???

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    I believe this will be the 20th draft conducted under the current format. Only twice has the team with the worst record "won" the 1 pick ...

I think there are 5 "difference makers" -- Okafor, Towns, Russell, Mudiay, Porzingis

then a bunch of possible "stars" - Stanley Johnson, Cauley-Stein, Herzonja +???

Just think… When we started breaking things down for Lebron… in 2008… If we lose 4 more games those first 2 seasons… instead of Gallinari and Hill, we draft Steph Curry & Russell Westbrook.
    I used to think Timmy was a sure thing because of his dad and the fact that he's been training to be in the NBA since he was in high school, now I'm not so sure. Neither am I sure about Cleanthony Early, he's looked terrible even for a rookie. Maybe it's the sophmore jinx for Timmy and coming off the knee injury for Early but I would not be surprised if they both turn out to be busts.

We have not had a lot of success drafting players and I hope the 60M Dolan spent changes that.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    I used to think Timmy was a sure thing because of his dad and the fact that he's been training to be in the NBA since he was in high school, now I'm not so sure. Neither am I sure about Cleanthony Early, he's looked terrible even for a rookie. Maybe it's the sophmore jinx for Timmy and coming off the knee injury for Early but I would not be surprised if they both turn out to be busts.

We have not had a lot of success drafting players and I hope the 60M Dolan spent changes that.
    Trading TC, JR, and Shump; and now (it appears) getting nada from expiring Amar'e & Bags deals... Only getting a 2nd round pick, while taking on that bad Calderon contract.. Phil is not off to a good start. Still, his tenure and exec legacy will, in large part, be decided this July. Who does he draft? Sign in free agency? These decisions will define NYK for the next 5 years. We are still living with Walsh's decisions. Getting nada for Zach Randolph, D-Lee, and J-Craw.. not finding a PG... shump over Faired.. eck.

Veteran

Now not sure how solid this is but Phil referred to him as "A Great Prospect" while saying a couple other things I believe. If so Phil should know what the rules are no question. Horrible yr for Phil, couldn't have gone any worse

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post

Now not sure how solid this is but Phil referred to him as "A Great Prospect" while saying a couple other things I believe. If so Phil should know what the rules are no question. Horrible yr for Phil, couldn't have gone any worse
    I know that this has nothing to do with anything but that language "draft-ineligible" is because he is a freshman and Russell is in this coming draft, right? Assuming that he is, worst record in the NBA guarantees us one out of Okafor, Towns, Mudiay, and Russell, assuming that is our top 4 (I have no idea right now).

Veteran

I know that this has nothing to do with anything but that language "draft-ineligible" is because he is a freshman and Russell is in this coming draft, right? Assuming that he is, worst record in the NBA guarantees us one out of Okafor, Towns, Mudiay, and Russell, assuming that is our top 4 (I have no idea right now).
    Since he hasn't declared technically he's not "draft eligible" and Phil should know this. It's no different than commenting as a coach on an impending free agent of another team. Just goes to show Phil the "Exec" doesn't trump into success because of what he did as Phil the "Coach".

Phil is like a developmental (rookie) exec that will take 2-3yrs until he gets comfortable in this league, much like a lottery pick basketball player. I figured he'd have difficulty in this new role, although the sell with Phil chip pedigree was probably laid on a little too thick. He's gonna have to blue collar his way to success, get dirty, being in the valley a while before he reaches the peak-mountain top again...if he can.