Game Thread - Knicks vs Lakers - February 1, 2015 - Super Bowl Sunday Matinee

tiger0330

Legend
I'm not going to debate whether or not we should be tanking, but if I'm watching the games, I'm not going to sit here for 2 and a half hours and say over and over 'oh crap, we just made another good play, boo hoo, we are finally playing okay basketball'. Rooting for your team to lose to get a draft pick is fine if that's what you want to do, but don't expect people like me to be unhappy when we are winning games.
I remember when the season started guys were saying why make the playoffs just to get eliminated in the 1st round. People wanted a high draft pick, now after the worst start in history they keep trying to win games smh. They still may get the 1st pick the way the lottery works, I remember Houston finished 5th in 2002 but still got the 1st pick in 2002 and drafted Yao Ming so the Knicks can still get Okafor if they're lucky. Interested to see what PJ does at the deadline, if Calderon, Prigs are still here and Bargs and or Stat are not waived you can say PJ is not tanking.

paris401

Starter
Bargs and or Stat are not waived you can say PJ is not tanking.

what is the difference if they r waived or not??... neither is playing, n both r gone at years end.. unless its for signing other D-leaguers... but don't we have enough of em already?

CoolClyde

I'm not going to debate whether or not we should be tanking, but if I'm watching the games, I'm not going to sit here for 2 and a half hours and say over and over 'oh crap, we just made another good play, boo hoo, we are finally playing okay basketball'. Rooting for your team to lose to get a draft pick is fine if that's what you want to do, but don't expect people like me to be unhappy when we are winning games.

thank you thank you, exactly the way i feel. the Knicks have dug themselves a deep enough hole to guarantee one of the worst records in the NBA this year, you can't expect the Knicks to get the #1 pick no matter what their record, the draft is a ping pong crapshoot at best. look how lucky Cleveland have been in the draft the past 5 years, i'm not going to hope the Knicks lose just to have a chance at one particular college player.

Knicks fans have endured enough injuries and losses to last the year, and now that they're winning with a half-assed squad of D-league talent + Melo and friends, this should be enjoyed and relished by knicks fans, just to see the winning mentality mindset back in a NY uniform. I don't think they're going to be beating the elite teams enough to warrant a loss of too many ping pong balls, but it's a pleasure to watch them have the gumption to go out and compete, more often than less.

in other words, go Knicks. beat those sh*tty Lakers.

Kiyaman

Legend
thank you thank you, exactly the way i feel. the Knicks have dug themselves a deep enough hole to guarantee one of the worst records in the NBA this year, you can't expect the Knicks to get the #1 pick no matter what their record, the draft is a ping pong crapshoot at best. look how lucky Cleveland have been in the draft the past 5 years, i'm not going to hope the Knicks lose just to have a chance at one particular college player.

Knicks fans have endured enough injuries and losses to last the year, and now that they're winning with a half-assed squad of D-league talent + Melo and friends, this should be enjoyed and relished by knicks fans, just to see the winning mentality mindset back in a NY uniform. I don't think they're going to be beating the elite teams enough to warrant a loss of too many ping pong balls, but it's a pleasure to watch them have the gumption to go out and compete, more often than less.

in other words, go Knicks. beat those sh*tty Lakers.

I miss this Lakers game and Celtics game for reasons of the famous "Zen Master" has turned into a "Zombie Master".
Phil Jackson is a IDIOT .. Phil created the D.League Lakers team, and the D.League Knicks team.
The D.League Lakers select one of the top-5 athletes in the 2014 draft class (6.9 SF Julius Randle), whom ballhogger Kobe Bryant had conflict with rookie Randle the first day of training-camp. Expect the same type of conflict from ballhogger ISO-Melo with Knicks 2015 draft selection.

Its become meaningless basketball games watching the Knicks compete against postseason teams, and teams tanking the season like Phil Jackson ex-Lakers team.
I watch the TANKING Knicks game to see what roster talent are KEEPERS for next season.
I'm looking for consistency on offense / defense, and B.ball IQ ....

paris401

Starter
I watch the TANKING Knicks game to see what roster talent are KEEPERS for next season.
I'm looking for consistency on offense / defense, and B.ball IQ ....

I don't think there is any talent for next year....like I said the team picture this summer will be a lonely one for Me-Lo..