game thread: knicks@heat: 2/9/2014

tiger0330

Legend
We will probably see Bargnani tonight. Early and Wear are inactive tonight. Wade is out but we will see a guy that tried out for the Knicks last year Hassan Whiteside, I actually said he would have been a good pickup for the Knicks and now he's having a breakout year for the Heat.

tiger0330

Legend
Melo looks sharp tonight. Has 14 pts 1st qtr. Made all his 3s. For those that don't think the Knicks should tank you are going to get your wish, this is not a tanking lineup. Bargnani is even in the game.

tiger0330

Legend
Birdman with a 3 wtf. I know the Heat need scoring but that's ridiculous, he has 10 3s his whole career and 3 this year.

tiger0330

Legend
If the Knicks want to tank you can't play Galloway, that kid can play. Rebounds, plays D, takes it to the rim and can shoot the 3.

tiger0330

Legend
I'd say its over, Bosh was good tonight. The Heat clamped down on the Knicks in the 2nd half. Melo sprained a knee, I hate to see any injury but this may be the best thing for the Knicks. Shut Melo down and stop trying to win games.

Kiyaman

Legend
We will probably see Bargnani tonight. Early and Wear are inactive tonight. Wade is out but we will see a guy that tried out for the Knicks last year Hassan Whiteside, I actually said he would have been a good pickup for the Knicks and now he's having a breakout year for the Heat.

we had a Bargs sighting tonite
And he's out of the game with 3 fouls in 3 1/2 minutes.

Are management forcing Bargs to play .. but Bargs is not having it
Will Bargs play overseas next season???

This is the first season since Shaq the Miami Heat has a Center in their rotation lineup lmao
Rookie 7.0 Hassan Whiteside and rookie 6.1 Shabazz Napier are rookies to build with throughout Bosh contract
We should've kept Pat Riley in New York! Dolan

tiger0330

Legend
Bargs was rusty as you would expect but I wouldn't even be playing him. He has no future with the Knicks so why play him? I get DFish is trying to win rather than tank but in the long run playing the young guys instead of Bargs makes more sense.

we had a Bargs sighting tonite
And he's out of the game with 3 fouls in 3 1/2 minutes.

Are management forcing Bargs to play .. but Bargs is not having it
Will Bargs play overseas next season???

This is the first season since Shaq the Miami Heat has a Center in their rotation lineup lmao
Rookie 7.0 Hassan Whiteside and rookie 6.1 Shabazz Napier are rookies to build with throughout Bosh contract
We should've kept Pat Riley in New York! Dolan

I can't wait to hear tomorrow that Bargnani strained his pinkie and needs another 20 games to rest it.

tiger0330

Legend
Lets see what PJ does if Melos injury is serious. If he keeps Bargnani and Stat around because Melo is injured he's an idiot.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks have to win 12 of the next 30 games to avoid having the worst record in franchise history so neither DFish or PJ want that dubious distinction I think so I guess that's the motivation for not tanking.

CoolClyde

If the Knicks want to tank you can't play Galloway, that kid can play. Rebounds, plays D, takes it to the rim and can shoot the 3.

agreed. Galloway had a +13 +/- in 24 minutes, while Larkin was -16 +/- in 26 minutes, THJR -18 in 20 minutes, LanceTom -17 in 18 minutes. the tank was in full effect, although there was a Cole Aldrich sighting, and an Italian Banana slipped on and off the court for a few points, a block and a couple stupid turnovers.

whatever the case may be, Miami took over with Galloway and Melo on the bench, once they got back on the court, Melo got hurt, Bosh got hot, and that was the story, Jerry.

if Melo's hurt in a big way, Galloway could be the man to take over this team as far as minutes. Will the Fish give big minutes to Lance Thomas or Cleanthony Early? Bring Acy Dcy back into the fold?

whatever, I'm enjoying watching Galloway spread his wings, the kid's got heart in the paint and on the boards, and seems to always hit a clutch 3 in the 4Q. I just wish the Knicks would pass him the ball more on the perimeter, he seems to pass and then shrink away from the play, rather than go to the ball. hmmm.

tiger0330

Legend
Melo is unreal. I think he wants to play in Orlando on Wed. and I wouldn't put it past him to try to play in the ASG. He's got heart, most guys with knee soreness would be looking forward to the time off.