Hassan Whiteside: Did Phil Miss this or What?

mafra

Legend
It seems like this center is legit... While we scooped up Langston (probably a decent back-up guard in the NBA)... One BOS legend compared him to Tim Duncan. Phil's job was to turn over every stone and look for talent. It seems Riley bested him here. Not good.

tiger0330

Legend
Maybe one that got away for a few teams. He reportedly worked out for the Knicks last season so we had a shot to sign him before the PJ era when Steve Mills was in charge, why am I not surprised he didn't get signed with the brain trust of Mills and Houston. Still say PJ should have cleaned house with those guys but Dolan in hiring Phil wanted him and Mills to be a partnership.

It's early but Galloway has impressed me with how big he plays for his size, he's outrebounding everyone on the team. Really has a nose for the ball but his size still bothers me, he's a combo guard like Shump and not a PG so he'll be going against guys a lot bigger than he is on a nightly hasis.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
There will always be cases like this, a situation I don't necessarily fault Phil or the staff per say looking at this in a vacuum. As tiger said so did other teams. Now is there another HW sitting in the D-League now whom we're not taking advantage of.

Otoh it's the other things he's been so miserable at is what I take issue with.

Paul1355

All Star
It seems like this center is legit... While we scooped up Langston (probably a decent back-up guard in the NBA)... One BOS legend compared him to Tim Duncan. Phil's job was to turn over every stone and look for talent. It seems Riley bested him here. Not good.

everybody missed this one...he was a great shotblocker in college but was a guy that would take some time to develop.

He has finally reached a new level and good for him but its stupid to blame Phil for missing this.

I think its better that we kept Galloway who really didnt impress that much in summer league. They saw something we didnt see in those 5 games. Finding Travis Wear, getting Lance Thomas, Amundson these guys are good bench/role players on a team we can easily keep for next season.