Game Thread - New York Knicks vs Miami Heat - February 20, 2015

Miami starting to pull away now in the 3rd quarter with the lead up to 16. The effort is there for us, just not the ability and execution.

Down by 21 with 9 minutes to go. Pretty safe to call this one I think. Sad to think that 2, 3, and 4 years ago we were a playoff team and last year we may not have made the playoffs, but we were in the playoff race until the last day of the season.

Galloway banks in a half court shot at the final buzzer. Would be a pretty exciting moment if we were losing by 2 instead of by 27 when he did it.

Kiyaman

Legend
Galloway banks in a half court shot at the final buzzer. Would be a pretty exciting moment if we were losing by 2 instead of by 27 when he did it.

It didnt matter losing by 24 without Melo, or losing by 18 points with Melo

Dont worry the Shump/JR/Mozgov Cavs are beating the Wizards by 37 points in the 4th qt.

tiger0330

Legend
Miami won incredibly easily. They are the 2nd lowest scoring team in the NBA but 8/9 guys scored in double digits. DFish really sounded defeated in the post game but he's getting good money for a long time so nobody should feel sorry for him. George Karl is getting way less money than DFish when he has a lot more wins and experience.

Early showed nothing tonight and is making PJs comment about you have to wait a few years to judge the TC trade look ominous. DFish needs to play him despite tonight to evaluate him more.

Broadway

All Star
Miami won incredibly easily. They are the 2nd lowest scoring team in the NBA but 8/9 guys scored in double digits. DFish really sounded defeated in the post game but he's getting good money for a long time so nobody should feel sorry for him. George Karl is getting way less money than DFish when he has a lot more wins and experience.

Early showed nothing tonight and is making PJs comment about you have to wait a few years to judge the TC trade look ominous. DFish needs to play him despite tonight to evaluate him more.

I was busy watching SharkTank and changing mobile phone service providers. Thanks for a light objective recap on the night. This team is so bad. Phil turned a .430 win team into a .225 win team and then turned a .225 win team into what appears to be a .125win team and will remain Teflon throughout.

I'll try to catch the next game. I think I may have missed about 8gms this year. We're nearly unwatchable.

tiger0330

Legend
It didnt matter losing by 24 without Melo, or losing by 18 points with Melo

Dont worry the Shump/JR/Mozgov Cavs are beating the Wizards by 37 points in the 4th qt.
Well Phil didn't have anything to do with Mozgov but JR and Shump are starting to piss me off. Former 6th man of the year and starting SG for a playoff team and you get a 2019 2nd and a couple of TEs one of which you just used for a SG that shoots 36% from the floor. Other GM's are going to love dealing with Phil.

Wow, Minnesota actually won tonight. We now have 2 less wins than the next worst team in the NBA. We now have the luxury of going 1 - 27 to close out the season without having to worry about tiebreakers for a guaranteed no worse than 4th pick. This stupid season.

mafra

Legend
?I thought our guys ran out of steam in terms of ferocity and thrust and really to compete hard to sustain that.?? Derek Fisher.

?We just didn?t play hard enough,?? said Knicks guard Langston Galloway, who scored a team-high 19 points. ?We weren?t engaged the whole time, myself included.?

?We?re way better than we showed,?? Cleanthony Early said. ?We pretty much got pushed around. We could have given a little bit more.??

-- I guess some guys got fat and lazy with a week off, huh? Marginal players like Early and Galloway cant even find the passion inside themselves to fight for their livelihoods? Well, good... Go find another employer after the season. I always gave it my all, even playing in my driveway 2-on-2.

tiger0330

Legend
Wow, Minnesota actually won tonight. We now have 2 less wins than the next worst team in the NBA. We now have the luxury of going 1 - 27 to close out the season without having to worry about tiebreakers for a guaranteed no worse than 4th pick. This stupid season.
76ers want the worst record, why else would you trade KJ McDaniels and MCW maybe their 2 best players. I think it will be close as to who gets the worst record because I think the Knicks could win 5 games with that squad and the 76ers may not win another. They may also have two picks in the lottery if they get LA's pick via the Suns if the Lakers finish 6th or better.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
76ers want the worst record, why else would you trade KJ McDaniels and MCW maybe their 2 best players. I think it will be close as to who gets the worst record because I think the Knicks could win 5 games with that squad and the 76ers may not win another. They may also have two picks in the lottery if they get LA's pick via the Suns if the Lakers finish 6th or better.

Sam Hinkie is essentially pulling algorithm type execution with rebuilding. I wouldn't even call what he's doing TANKING. He's trying to play every hand at the poker table. I think after they made the trades the other day they stand a chance to have 4 1st rounders and 5 2nd rounders in this summer's draft. They are going to be so busy on draft day. Insane, but I'm not gonna lie his approach is probably the best chance at making the analytics work/payoff.

I think what we have to do at this point is get out of the Tank and get into the Submarine. A Submarine functions below sea level and moves in stealth mode. Wouldn't surprise me if we see some very bizarre situations the next couple weeks, starting lineups and guys playing some suspect roles. We have to get the #1 pick and can't drop below 4th place under no circumstance.

CoolClyde

^agreed, 76ers could be a beastly team next year with the draft picks and healthy team all coming together.

get out of the tank into the submarine? that's hilarious, but hasn't Phil Jackson been functioning below sea level since he got here? it's not like previous years where the media broadcast exactly what the Knicks had planned; no one knows what's up PJ's magic sleeve, other than 13 rings of glory as player and coach.

at this point, i can't see the Knicks tank fail.. haha, it's a win win situation, as most KO observers know. you win, it's good for the team spirit and the fans, you lose, one step closer to a better pick. it's more like a silent tank in effect, slowly running it's course, keeping the salaries low, the draft pick(s) intact, the star player healthy (insofar as being ready for next year)...

I think Phil has an eye on the rest of the league, Philly, Lakers, Minny, et al, to see how they're doing and preparing for draft day in similar tanking situations. i have faith in Phil and the tank.

tiger0330

Legend
Maybe I'm not seeing the big picture with the 76ers, why trade MCW a guy the Bucks thought was good enough to get to give up Knight. They tanked to get MCW and now they have to go into the draft looking for a PG. I guess they can get one with all the assets they have but MCW was a bird in the hand and they ain't winning anything yet by picking up guys like McGee for more draft picks.

I was reading Kelly Dwyers review of the trades made at the deadline and he wouldn't rate the 76ers implying it was a mess. I feel the exact same way, wtf is Hinkie doing, I'm sure others feel like Dwyer does.

Anyway they are now a threat to get the worst record and I'm not sure DFish really wants to tank, he talks about winning games in his post games and competing, as long as he hasn't waved the white flag there's a chance they may win a few games.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Maybe I'm not seeing the big picture with the 76ers, why trade MCW a guy the Bucks thought was good enough to get to give up Knight. They tanked to get MCW and now they have to go into the draft looking for a PG. I guess they can get one with all the assets they have but MCW was a bird in the hand and they ain't winning anything yet by picking up guys like McGee for more draft picks.

I was reading Kelly Dwyers review of the trades made at the deadline and he wouldn't rate the 76ers implying it was a mess. I feel the exact same way, wtf is Hinkie doing, I'm sure others feel like Dwyer does.

Anyway they are now a threat to get the worst record and I'm not sure DFish really wants to tank, he talks about winning games in his post games and competing, as long as he hasn't waved the white flag there's a chance they may win a few games.

Because Mudiay and Russell will probably be just as good as MCW Day 1 when drafted. I was just thinking if Philly wins this draft landing the #1 pick they can have Mutant Power on draft day. They can take Okafor overall just because, I mean Hinkie like a thousand picks, possibly another 1st inside the lottery. They can trade down with Sota or Orlando and still and still get the player they want(point guard).

Philly's in a good position they have

Wroten
Covington
Noel
Embid
Grant

All they need is a point guard, one he can actually shoot-score and run offense effectively better than MCW.