Knicks President Phil Jackson Rips Team?s Play On Twitter

Kiyaman

Legend
Whats up with President Phil Jackson? has he become a social-media .......... critic too

The worst season in the history of the franchise took another bizarre turn when Jackson, the NBA’s all-time highest paid executive, sent out two cryptic tweets in the wake of the Knicks losing their seventh straight on Sunday. Jackson neither deleted the tweets from his verified Twitter account nor did he address his comments with the media on Monday.
Instead, it was left to Derek Fisher, as if he doesn’t have enough issues on his plate, to have to answer for his boss.

To quote “The Bard” himself, something is rotten in the state of New York.
Today's game vs Cavs gave bb gods heartburn and those that know what "it" takes/means a smh.
Each NBA game is an opportunity for players to show their "best" nature and please the basketball gods...and those who know what
"It"takes.

Knicks team president Phil Jackson sends out a pair of critical tweets that put coach Derek Fisher in tough spot and team on back page of News for wrong reason.
With one tweet, Phil Jackson managed to throw his coach and team under the proverbial bus while also violating James Dolan’s sacred media policy.
The last Hall of Fame coach to achieve the rare Triple Crown at Madison Square Garden was Larry Brown and we all know how that ended.

The 2014-2015 Knicks have floundered in the NBA’s less-than-competitive Eastern Conference, and a blowout loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers on Sunday dropped the team’s record to an abysmal 10-45.
Somehow, the dysfunctional Knicks sit TWO GAMES BEHIND the Philadelphia 76ers — a team that is actively trying its best to lose games — and things have gotten so terrible in Madison Square Garden that even Phil Jackson is trash-talking the squad.
(RELATED: WATCH These Former Knicks Players Embarrass Current Knicks Players With FILTHY Alley-Oop)
Jackson is widely recognized as one of the greatest coaches in NBA history and is currently serving as the president of the Knicks’ organization, so, needless to say, the not-so-cryptic Tweets he blasted out on Sunday night do not bode well for the team.

To be honest, Phil sounds a little crazy here, but based on the two NBA championships he won as a player and the eleven more he added as a coach, there’s definitely a method to madness.

Kiyaman

Legend
Phil Jax feeling guilty for selling-out the Knicks?

Phil should be lucky we dont play the Dallas Mavs the rest of the season "Tyson & Amare"
Phil got me aggy ..thats why i graded president Phil a "F" his first 90 days on the job.
What did the Cleveland Cavs give Phil Jackson for the trade that will take the Cavs to the ECF?
A TWEET "thanku" .. CTFU

CoolClyde

actually a well-written diss, kudos. i believe his tweets are just a cover for the tank he has so covertly put into effect. #tankerbockers.

Kiyaman

Legend
actually a well-written diss, kudos. i believe his tweets are just a cover for the tank he has so covertly put into effect. #tankerbockers.

I wonder why Phil didn't get emotional like this when the Knicks were 5-35 having 20 pt blow-outs in 20 of the 40 games? oh i know the reason .. Dolan goldenboy Melo average 37 minutes per game in the 5-35 run.
Phil had to wait till the $124M Melo was out for the season to make a mockery of the players n coach.

tiger0330

Legend
Phil is a jackass and should delete all his social media accounts. I'm more concerned with Calderon and Early both looking like busts to me and two more pieces he needs to replace with that cap space and the lottery pick. Seems like an impossible task that he has to turn around this team for next season with 36M in cap space and one lottery pick.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Phil is a jackass and should delete all his social media accounts. I'm more concerned with Calderon and Early both looking like busts to me and two more pieces he needs to replace with that cap space and the lottery pick. Seems like an impossible task that he has to turn around this team for next season with 36M in cap space and one lottery pick.

The cap space is actually lower with cap hold for empty roster slots and the amount 1st round pick will be paid which is at a 120% scale. It'll be like $28-29mil maybe at best, unless the cap increases significantly this summer.

Which speaks to your point of Jose. Phil should have moved him at the deadline or on draft day.

Send him out with our 2018 1st and ask back for his infamous 2019 2nd to create more space and call it good. The 2018 1st will be irrelevant because we should be good by then. Not in case he fears along with other fans we won't be. The pick would almost have no major factor for us by then if Phil does the job he's selling us on.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks Broadway. PJ said something about not being happy with the cap space in a press clip of him they had in the Miami game, didn't quite catch what he said other than "I'm not happy about it but it is what it is". Anybody know what the question was that he answered.

Also Prigs played his first game with Houston and I almost expected to hear he dunked the ball and had a career high in scoring but he had a poor game scoring 2 points.

Kiyaman

Legend
The cap space is actually lower with cap hold for empty roster slots and the amount 1st round pick will be paid which is at a 120% scale. It'll be like $28-29mil maybe at best, unless the cap increases significantly this summer.

Which speaks to your point of Jose. Phil should have moved him at the deadline or on draft day.

Send him out with our 2018 1st and ask back for his infamous 2019 2nd to create more space and call it good. The 2018 1st will be irrelevant because we should be good by then. Not in case he fears along with other fans we won't be. The pick would almost have no major factor for us by then if Phil does the job he's selling us on.

The week after the Tyson/Felton trade to the Mavs, i kept mentioning on the board "How will Phil get us a NBA starter PG when he just traded our best asset in Tyson" .. Jose skills were only decent when he was a backup PG .. Jose & Felton talent as a starter are equal.
Phil did not do his 40 yr experience homework when he sign on as Knicks president ....
as a head coach Phil always needed a lead PG and a defensive 7.0 footer to win championships.
Why trade defensive-center Tyson Chandler in June when Melo is opting-out in July?

Resigning an opt-out player has always been a mistake for GM in the NBA.
Especially at the price of being one of the top-3 highest paid in NBA, when his original contract ends when the team will have over 50M in cap-space in 2015 offseason to sign FA to add to the Knicks contender puzzle.
Phil Jackson first move in the 2014 offseason should've been signing a head-coach and getting a potential starter PG (Raja Rondo), and signing vet PG-Andre Miller.
If Phil had showed signs of moving in the direction of getting leadership PG, then Steve Kerr and Fisher would had sign on as Knicks coaches. But Phil direction was aimed at trading Tyson Chandler for Tyson locker-room remarks about Melo's poor defense during the season.

There were so many reason why Phil should've been hired in January 2014, a month before last year trading deadline.
Knicks had a 10-22 record in January, no 2014 draft pick, plus Melo was opting-out at end of season (Denver traded him) .... Why did Dolan wait till after the deadline to replace GM Grunwald that Dolan FIRED a week before training-camp???

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks Broadway. PJ said something about not being happy with the cap space in a press clip of him they had in the Miami game, didn't quite catch what he said other than "I'm not happy about it but it is what it is". Anybody know what the question was that he answered.

Also Prigs played his first game with Houston and I almost expected to hear he dunked the ball and had a career high in scoring but he had a poor game scoring 2 points.

Prigioni played in 2 Rockets games and the Rockets won both.