Game Thread - New York Knicks vs Indiana Pacers - March 4, 2015

Indiana is fighting for a playoff spot and we're fighting for even temporary legitimacy as a professional basketball team. Last night was pathetic and even if we are tanking, you would hope for a better effort tonight. Based on recent trends, my guess is that we will not win another game until Philly and Minnesota each win another one, but that's just conspiracy talk speaking.

Indiana is a team currently a half game out of the playoffs and Roy Hibbert will not play tonight so that he can 'rest'. Tells you how worried the Pacers are about our effort and execution tonight.

THJ playing aggressive but he's taking a beating out there on every play it seems. Hanging in there down by 5 now late in the 1st quarter.

Best announcer exchange of the year in discussing the rookie female official.
Breen: "The other officials have been very impressed with her so far"
Walt: "Yeah, she is very attractive"
Breen: "No, no, no, no"

tiger0330

Legend
Might be another blowout. 30-19 Pacers after one qtr. Indy shooting 67%, getting out rebounded and turned the ball over 9 times already.

Another big deficit at the half. Not saying this team is going to ever be any good, but they could at least try to be even remotely entertaining.

Team showed some life early in the 3rd quarter and cut the lead to as little as 15, but Indiana responded and lead is back to 24 going into the 4th.

George out all season with injury, Stephenson traded away, and Copeland still found a way to not be a part of the Pacers rotation by the mid point in the season. Should have signed with us for less money, at least he'd probably be playing (or traded by now).

Down 94 - 64 with 8 minutes to go. If this wasn't all part of the 'master plan', you'd figure this would be the point in the season when the media would start speculating when will the head coach get fired after back to back pathetic losses.

Minny down big to Denver and Philly with a small lead over OKC. Both games at the half. In case, for some reason, you were wondering how those two specific teams were doing tonight.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Down 94 - 64 with 8 minutes to go. If this wasn't all part of the 'master plan', you'd figure this would be the point in the season when the media would start speculating when will the head coach get fired after back to back pathetic losses.

I don't know how Fish keeps his job after this mess. I mean cmon Phil your first coaching hire has been a big FAIL. You don't have to be talented to play hard and be competitive. This team does neither and that's all on the coach. How are we going to get any decent FA's to come play for this staff? All I know is coach Woody looks a lot happier now on DOCs staff instead of having to deal with this hot mess night in and night out on Chief:(

tiger0330

Legend
22 games left. The Knicks have to go 10-12 to avoid the worst losing pct. record in franchise history, seems like an impossible task since they have been winning 2 out of 10 games so far. They do play the 76ers twice, the Wolves and Lakers once so that might be 4 possible wins there.

Unreal season, our 60M man Phil Jackson winning less than 20 games. I understand taking one step back to take two steps forward but this was like having a nuclear bomb dropped and having to rebuild from scratch. Realistically it will take years before the Knicks make the playoffs again because Phil Jackson has proven he's no messiah or miracle worker.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Yep Phil figured he could just roll the ball out on the court with a triangle tattooed to it and make the playoffs in the East. FAIL. Talent>Triangle....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiger0330

Legend
Yep Phil figured he could just roll the ball out on the court with a triangle tattooed to it and make the playoffs in the East. FAIL. Talent>Triangle....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol The problem is the triangle can make players worse. The game yesterday and the Kings game, the triangle was busted.