Game Thread - New York Knicks vs Denver Nuggets - March 9, 2015

Continuing to tick down the clock with 5 west coast games in the next 7 days. Denver has been playing better since their coaching change, which just goes to show how malignant that locker room had become prior to the Shaw firing. We're back to having 2 less wins than both Minny and Philly, which, if you're a tanking conspiracy theorist, means that Coach Fisher and our guys have the green light to win another game if they can. Shved moves into the starting lineup tonight.

Knicks haven't won in Denver since 2006 when we had Marbury, Jamal Crawford, Eddy Curry, and QRich and they had Melo and JR Smith.

Starting lineup is Bargs, Jason Smith, Galloway, Shved, and Lance Thomas. THJ out with back spasms.

Trying to piece together the long term effects of the Melo trade to Denver. They still have Gallinari and Wilson Chandler. They traded the 1st round pick for Aaron Afflalo, who they then traded last month for a 1st round pick (Portland, which means likely not an early pick). They turned Mozgov into 2 1st round picks, but they're from Cleveland, which means they could both be late picks. I'm sure I messed up some of the details, but man, I thought we teed them up pretty good and they came away from all that with nothing that I would be that excited about.

tiger0330

Legend
If THJ doesn't pick up his game, Shved is going to take his job pretty soon. He does a little bit of everything.

If THJ doesn't pick up his game, Shved is going to take his job pretty soon. He does a little bit of everything.

After watching THJ through most of this season, I no longer believe he has an NBA skillset. He doesn't seem to do any one thing extremely well and his defense is among the worst in the league. It's too bad he's one of our guys who is a definite for next season.

We came out hot, but end up tied at 25 at the end of the 1st quarter. Larkin had a nice close to the quarter.

tiger0330

Legend
Early is another guy that will be here and looks to be no help next season. THJ and Early have to use their guaranteed spots to prove something next year.

Jared Jeffries is new Director of Player Personnel for Denver. He had no offensive game and was not good on the boards, but I will always remember his Knicks tenures for his ability to play lockdown defense on anyone from a point guard to a center and his commitment to setting effective screens. Novak would never have emerged without Jeffries getting him open over and over in the beginning.

I'm still holding my breath that just one out of Galloway, Early, or THJ will have a stretch of promising games between now and the end of the season. At least then we could say we are entering the offseason with one potential role player already in the fold.

Our interior defense is abysmal, but what else would you expect with a lineup of Bargs, Wear, Early, Galloway, and Shved?

The thing that gives me hope for Early and Galloway is that even when they are not scoring they contribute on the boards and play high energy defense. THJ is the best scorer of the three by far, but he literally gives you nothing else.

tiger0330

Legend
Jared Jeffries is new Director of Player Personnel for Denver. He had no offensive game and was not good on the boards, but I will always remember his Knicks tenures for his ability to play lockdown defense on anyone from a point guard to a center and his commitment to setting effective screens. Novak would never have emerged without Jeffries getting him open over and over in the beginning.
JJ took a lot of heat when he was here, I remember D'Ants coming out telling the fans not to boo him. He was a scout last year and now in charge of player personnel, must have done a good job scouting.

Galloway dives into the crowd to try to save a loose ball and ends up taking out the Nuggets Gatorade. That's smart. They can't win if they're dehydrated. That's like something right out of the Jason Kidd playbook.

Ugly game. Nuggets have now opened up a 9 point lead late in the 2nd quarter. The mostly empty arena is not helping the energy of this game.

Kiyaman

Legend
Galloway dives into the crowd to try to save a loose ball and ends up taking out the Nuggets Gatorade. That's smart. They can't win if they're dehydrated. That's like something right out of the Jason Kidd playbook.

Good point LMAO

We give up a 12 - 0 run to finish the quarter and suddenly we are down 15 at the half. To top things off, the trivia question just reminded us of how after drafting Ewing in 1985, we followed it up by taking Kenny 'Sky' Walker 5th overall in 1986 (instead of Ron Harper who went 6th). Last thing we need is a reminder of how badly this franchise could screw up a lottery pick.

Kiyaman

Legend
Ugly game. Nuggets have now opened up a 9 point lead late in the 2nd quarter. The mostly empty arena is not helping the energy of this game.

Denver is probably the only team that are willing to take Melo's new contract.
Melo should know Denver is his real home .. he should pull a Lebron James n go back home.