Game Thread - New York Knicks vs Denver Nuggets - March 9, 2015

tiger0330

Legend
The last 2 minutes of the 2nd were a disaster topped off by a tip in on a FT by Darrel Arthur. The Knicks don't have talent but they're sloppy also.

Kiyaman

Legend
We give up a 12 - 0 run to finish the quarter and suddenly we are down 15 at the half. To top things off, the trivia question just reminded us of how after drafting Ewing in 1985, we followed it up by taking Kenny 'Sky' Walker 5th overall in 1986 (instead of Ron Harper who went 6th). Last thing we need is a reminder of how badly this franchise could screw up a lottery pick.

And Ron Harper came into the league scoring n defending like MJ .. Sky Walker had a Name with no game (BUST).

Got outscored 66 to 34 in the 2nd and 3rd quarters combined and this is only the first stop of this west coast swing.

Kiyaman

Legend
I still wonder what the Knicks would've look like if we had select Faried over Shump in the draft ..
Pus not amnestied Billups .. Kept Billups to finish his career in New York, to get a job on our coaching staff to preach defense ..
while Faried became our young combo SF/PF glass cleaner averaging 15 rebounds.

Kiyaman

Legend
Damn! we scored 76 points tonite .. what does that say on the first game of a 5 game West-coast road trip???
The Knicks has been averaging around 88 points this season .. Denver stadium was half-full .. ex-Knicks player Wilson Chandler didnt want to compete against our High School team .. Networks refuse to play our games .. one of our top News Papers refuse to print we exist .. our Game-Threads are Ghost, which simulates the activities in so many Knicks Forums

Are the Knicks moving forward or backwards???
Phil Jackson Plan is getting closer to the "2010 Plan"

CoolClyde

West Coast Tank in full effect... I think the rest of the season is an experiment for Fish to see who plays well together... the lineup and the play of every single Knick is in a constant state of flux. Jason Smith had a decent run, now he's sucking. Cole Aldrich had a decent run, now he hardly plays. Cleanthony Early getting more minutes than anyone, and can't score. Langston Galloway, a clutch shooter, doesn't get consistent time on the court.

mo ping pong balls, mo balls!

tiger0330

Legend
West Coast Tank in full effect... I think the rest of the season is an experiment for Fish to see who plays well together... the lineup and the play of every single Knick is in a constant state of flux. Jason Smith had a decent run, now he's sucking. Cole Aldrich had a decent run, now he hardly plays. Cleanthony Early getting more minutes than anyone, and can't score. Langston Galloway, a clutch shooter, doesn't get consistent time on the court.

mo ping pong balls, mo balls!
Our top draft pick this season, shooting 31%, 25% from 3. He has bust written all over him.

Our top draft pick this season, shooting 31%, 25% from 3. He has bust written all over him.

Yeah, Early's offensive game has been pretty rough this year, but last night in 32 minutes he did put up a line of 10 points, 7 boards, 5 assists, and a block. He went almost a month without hitting a 3 point shot, although he did hit one last night. If he can be a guy who can do a little bit of everything and minimize taking bad shots, he might be okay with some development in year 2. At the moment though, I agree he seems like a bust.

Broadway

All Star

The other can't get a call up from the DL but so many were told Phil Jackson Zenned the Mavs on the trade. Phil is getting paid a King's Ransom to end with, what many hope to be accidental success.

For now what's important is getting in touch with inner self

tiger0330

Legend
Yeah, Early's offensive game has been pretty rough this year, but last night in 32 minutes he did put up a line of 10 points, 7 boards, 5 assists, and a block. He went almost a month without hitting a 3 point shot, although he did hit one last night. If he can be a guy who can do a little bit of everything and minimize taking bad shots, he might be okay with some development in year 2. At the moment though, I agree he seems like a bust.
He'll be 24 next month so he should be further ahead in development than a 19 year old freshman. The Knicks do need to find out about him, I think they have to make a decison this Oct. whether to pick up his 3rd yr. option so play him the rest of the season to see if he can put up game numbers like yesterday.

CoolClyde

He'll be 24 next month so he should be further ahead in development than a 19 year old freshman. The Knicks do need to find out about him, I think they have to make a decison this Oct. whether to pick up his 3rd yr. option so play him the rest of the season to see if he can put up game numbers like yesterday.

lots of players can't make the jump from college to NBA; Early is most likely stage struck at MSG, combined with low self esteem, lack of confidence. he excelled in his little stint in D-League, just goes to show he's a talent, just needs to find his way playing with the big boys, and get up to speed. i think he'll come around.