Knicks D-League Coach Fired

tiger0330

Legend
Tough love type of coach though he got fired because he had the 2nd worst record in the DLeague not because he yelled at his players. Too coincidental for me that both the Knicks and their DLeague team were horrible. Either the front office doesn't know crap about talent or the triangle is a piece of crap or maybe both.

Broadway

All Star
Tough love type of coach though he got fired because he had the 2nd worst record in the DLeague not because he yelled at his players. Too coincidental for me that both the Knicks and their DLeague team were horrible. Either the front office doesn't know crap about talent or the triangle is a piece of crap or maybe both.

If it's solely about the record the firing by Phil looks even more suspicious because which is worse....

10-36 or 14-60

Also didn't this same D-League coach team produce "Langsanity?" Didn't we send Phil stole from Dallas "Cleanthony" down there several times only to rejoin him back to the great 14-60 team declaring him ret-to-go. Phil is throwing another temper tantrum and lashing out.

Wait, I thought PJ wanted Hodges all along, but got stuck with Whitted because of his ties to Allan Houston? If so, glad to see PJ tried to play nice with Houston and gave Whitted a chance to fail, which he did. Also, good to see PJ is willing to at least make some change at some level of the organization.

Also, why are people upset about the bad D-league record? I thought people wanted us to tank? Our team tanked better than anyone this season. We are the champions of tanking! We tanked so hard we even tanked in the D-league just to be safe.

Broadway

All Star
Wait, I thought PJ wanted Hodges all along, but got stuck with Whitted because of his ties to Allan Houston? If so, glad to see PJ tried to play nice with Houston and gave Whitted a chance to fail, which he did. Also, good to see PJ is willing to at least make some change at some level of the organization.

Shouldn't always be about Phil getting his guys in and if this angle was snuffed from the beginning, then Whitted was setup for failure. Phil should have originally brought in the Triangle prodigies from the start... since he's now tweeting about rebuilding from #groundup

D-League is #ground level correct?

This is a Nepotistic move and it also shows maybe Allan Houston should be the one who needs to get to stepping if Phil standards are so lorded as great and infallible.

So Phil's hand picked scout gets credit for bringing in Langston but Whitted doesn't get credit for developing him?

"Hi nice kitchen cookware Pot, I'd like for you to meet this other fine piece of cookware named kettle"

Tanking in the D-League isn't quite the same or produce the same rewards for being atrociously awful on the job at the NBA level.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Also didn't this same D-League coach team produce "Langsanity?" Didn't we send Phil stole from Dallas "Cleanthony" down there several times only to rejoin him back to the great 14-60 team declaring him ret-to-go. Phil is throwing another temper tantrum and lashing out.

It must b the Triangle .... or how to stay in Tanking-mode

It was very clear to me in the Knicks summer League games that Galloway out played Larkins in every game,
plus Thanis performance showed more awareness on defense to out hustled Early for minutes in every game.

I would'nt be surprise if the Knicks "tanking-plan" started before the Felton for Calderon trade.
Felton's poor season in Portland won 28 games in a 66 game season in 2011-12, when Calderon with the same teammates from the previous season won 23 games

tiger0330

Legend
Ian Begley reporting more front office shakeups in the works in wake of the worst Knicks season in history. I thought Jackson should have done that as soon as he took the job. Mills should be moved first, PJ needs a GM that is an appraiser of talent not a hack like Steve Mills.