Should we trade the pick?

• No, we deserve a top pick after this terrible season

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Yes, we can get back more value especially if we fall lower in draft

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

pat

Starter
Pat I agree with you but why would you want that has been Calderon on the Knicks if you think PJ should have dumped Melo for draft picks and gone young?

Oh. That's a misunderstanding. I am not keen on keeping Calderon. I just meant that he is a player that is useful in a very specific set up and with the contract situation being what it is we just don't know whether this scenario might arise.

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah Phil is busy trying to get the crowbar under the window to pry it open. The more time that goes by the more grime, crud, rust settles in the window.

How about no trading anymore Knicks draft-picks the next 10 years ....
Phil recently mention it wont be a championship team next season ...
I'm afraid to ask Phil will it be a 41 win team next season???

Broadway

All Star
How about no trading anymore Knicks draft-picks the next 10 years ....
Phil recently mention it wont be a championship team next season ...
I'm afraid to ask Phil will it be a 41 win team next season???

He says he wants about a 25gm win improvement from last yr and for this to be a winning team(sounds like .500 15(wins)+ 25ish(wins)= 41-41), if you read the more recent NYP articles.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
He says he wants about a 25gm win improvement from last yr and for this to be a winning team(sounds like .500 15(wins)+ 25ish(wins)= 41-41), if you read the more recent NYP articles.

Last year this time .. Phil was talkin making the Knicks a playoff team.
no more talkin .. Knicks need doing

Extremely specific rumors have surfaced online this evening about how we will be approaching the draft. Allegedly, our draft board is 1. Towns, 2. Okafor, 3. Mudiay, 4. Russell, and 5. Winslow.

Also, supposedly, we will look to trade the pick only if we fall to the 5th pick, or, according to another source, possibly look to trade if we fall out of the top 2.

Interesting info, but all complete rumor and extremely premature.

Kiyaman

Legend
Extremely specific rumors have surfaced online this evening about how we will be approaching the draft. Allegedly, our draft board is 1. Towns, 2. Okafor, 3. Mudiay, 4. Russell, and 5. Winslow.

Also, supposedly, we will look to trade the pick only if we fall to the 5th pick, or, according to another source, possibly look to trade if we fall out of the top 2.

not to happy about Towns being Phil 1st pick over Okafor ..
its already scary thinking about who Phil would select with 4th or 5th pick ..
what team will Phill trade the pick to?
what type of contract will Phil get in return for the pick?

skisloper

Starter
not to happy about Towns being Phil 1st pick over Okafor ..
its already scary thinking about who Phil would select with 4th or 5th pick ..
what team will Phill trade the pick to?
what type of contract will Phil get in return for the pick?

Would want to land Cousins if possible ?

Kiyaman

Legend
Would want to land Cousins if possible ?

If we had "Cousins" then i would have no problem signing Greg Monroe or selecting Towns with the first pick.
We dont have an athletic center-Cousins on the Knicks, so i have a big problem with signing a RFA Greg Monroe to one penny more than what the Detroit Pistons will offer him, and i have a big problem with selecting Towns with the first pick without having a bonafide bigman in the lineup to guide Towns like Kentucky had in order to give Towns 24 minutes of playingtime.

1) Okafor
2) Towns
3) Mudiay
4) Russell
5) Winslow .. high-potential to be NBA all-star quick (Paul George/Butler skills)

I agree with the POSTER .. i rather take my chances drafting 1 thru 5 in the 2015 draft-class, rather then trade the draft-pick for a quick fix player that may not want to play in NY (Dolan type trade).
The Knicks has a high 75% ratio of trading for players that dont want to play for the Knicks in the past 15 seasons .. u can start with all the trades the Knicks made from now to the Patrick Ewing trade to Seattle Sonics (aka OKC Thunders) 2000.

skisloper

Starter
If we had "Cousins" then i would have no problem signing Greg Monroe or selecting Towns with the first pick.
We dont have an athletic center-Cousins on the Knicks, so i have a big problem with signing a RFA Greg Monroe to one penny more than what the Detroit Pistons will offer him, and i have a big problem with selecting Towns with the first pick without having a bonafide bigman in the lineup to guide Towns like Kentucky had in order to give Towns 24 minutes of playingtime.

1) Okafor
2) Towns
3) Mudiay
4) Russell
5) Winslow .. high-potential to be NBA all-star quick (Paul George/Butler skills)

I agree with the POSTER .. i rather take my chances drafting 1 thru 5 in the 2015 draft-class, rather then trade the draft-pick for a quick fix player that may not want to play in NY (Dolan type trade).
The Knicks has a high 75% ratio of trading for players that dont want to play for the Knicks in the past 15 seasons .. u can start with all the trades the Knicks made from now to the Patrick Ewing trade to Seattle Sonics (aka OKC Thunders) 2000.

My feeling was if we have the first pick trading it to sacramento for cousins...........Karl is building there and has said every play tradeable.....Point was send Hardaway and 1st pick for Cousins.

tiger0330

Legend

Melo attended a Yanks/Orioles game with Justise Winslow and ESPN's Chad Ford said the Knicks draft board is what you heard. Winslow over WCS makes more sense to me even if you have to move Melo to the 4, Knicks fall to 5 and pick Winslow you can put your money on PJ trying to sign Greg Monroe even if it takes max money to get him.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Melo attended a Yanks/Orioles game with Justise Winslow and ESPN's Chad Ford said the Knicks draft board is what you heard. Winslow over WCS makes more sense to me even if you have to move Melo to the 4, Knicks fall to 5 and pick Winslow you can put your money on PJ trying to sign Greg Monroe even if it takes max money to get him.

Winslow has all the athletic potential to become a NBA all-star during his rookie contract.
Winslow skills n leadership are being slept on by scouts in the 2015 draft-class .. just like 10th pick Paul George 2010 draft-class

WTH is Melo doing hanging-out with the best SF in the draft-class?
What was Melo early comment about players coming out the draft effectiveness as a rookie?

Kiyaman

Legend
My feeling was if we have the first pick trading it to sacramento for cousins...........Karl is building there and has said every play tradeable.....Point was send Hardaway and 1st pick for Cousins.

I knew what u were saying .. thats a pipe dream .. Cousins has become a 20-10 offense/defense center the past 2 NBA seasons.
Cousins stock has risen to All-Star status!
The stock on Tim Hardaway Jr. dropped tremendously from his rookie season.

Kiyaman

Legend
James Dolan rehiring Isiah Thomas weeks before the 1 to 5 Lottery Balls drop .. is a indication owner Dolan does not Phil Jackson idea of trading the 3rd to 5th pick.
1) Okafor
2) Towns
3) Mudiay
4) Winslow
5) Russel
Whatever lottery ball drops for the Knicks, i believe Isiah Thomas will get the priviledge of selecting the Knicks pick.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

All I can say about the idea, unless we drop to 5th and depending on who remains at that spot. If we get a top 3, keep the **** out of it.

jimkcchief88

All Star
We can't trade the pick after looking at all the dumbass trades we made this past season...where is "Protect ur Picks Isiah" when we need him:)

Only a few more days until the lottery balls are selected on Tuesday, May 19. While I will still feel somewhat burned if we fall all the way to the 5th pick, I feel that as long as the Knicks' top 5 prospect ranking is some combination of Okafor, Towns, Mudiay, Russel, and Winslow, I think that we are going to get a player who could end up being the best pick in the draft. Also, I'd still consider WCS if we fall to #5 instead of Winslow.

tiger0330

Legend
Only a few more days until the lottery balls are selected on Tuesday, May 19. While I will still feel somewhat burned if we fall all the way to the 5th pick, I feel that as long as the Knicks' top 5 prospect ranking is some combination of Okafor, Towns, Mudiay, Russel, and Winslow, I think that we are going to get a player who could end up being the best pick in the draft. Also, I'd still consider WCS if we fall to #5 instead of Winslow.
Disappointed that PJ is not repping the Knicks at the lotto and Steve Mills is, he also hasn't been seen at the combine.

I suspect the losing season wore on him along with the media spotlight in NY, he has an option after the 2nd year in his contract and he may use it I don't think he's very enthusiastic about his job.

Wouldn't surprise me if we find out that Steve Mills has been doing most of the work trying to turn around this god awful Knicks season in scouting players in Europe, meeting with agents and players.

Last edited:
Disappointed that PJ is not repping the Knicks at the lotto and Steve Mills is, he also hasn't been seen at the combine.

I suspect the losing season wore on him along with the media spotlight in NY, he has an option after the 2nd year in his contract and he may use it I don't think he's very enthusiastic about his job.

Wouldn't surprise me if we find out that Steve Mills has been doing most of the work trying to turn around this god awful Knicks season in scouting players in Europe, meeting with agents and players.

I think that the inexplicable return of Isiah is the worst possible sign for PJ's long-term future with the Knicks. Dolan is either trying to bring Isiah back into the fold because he is pretty sure PJ will leave after the last season or by bringing Isiah back, Dolan is guaranteeing that PJ won't want to be part of this shoddy operation any longer than contractually obligated.

tiger0330

Legend
I think that the inexplicable return of Isiah is the worst possible sign for PJ's long-term future with the Knicks. Dolan is either trying to bring Isiah back into the fold because he is pretty sure PJ will leave after the last season or by bringing Isiah back, Dolan is guaranteeing that PJ won't want to be part of this shoddy operation any longer than contractually obligated.
You have to believe that for Dolan to bring back Zeke as president of an WNBA franchise there would have to be ulterior motives, turning around the Liberty wouldn't be worth it for Dolan to hear the kind of criticism he's been hearing. It's also been reported that Phil isn't happy about Isiah returning to MSG.

Has to be a card up Dolan's sleeve to sneak him back into the Knicks organization when Phil inevitably departs. If the WNBA doesn't approve Zeke's ownership application and Dolan still retains him as president, I think you can say Dolan has future aspirations for Zeke at MSG.

Dolan works with Phil and maybe he senses his heart isn't in the job. He'll be 70, has a tough time moving around, maybe he should be retired rather than undertaking a massive rebuild that may take years.