Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    In 2009... MEMPHIS selects -Thabeet over Harden.

Point is... this time last year, Mudiay was ranked ahead of Towns. CAT played with 9 All-Americans, in a poor Conf... Mudiay went to China and was injured.

In 2011, Kanter, T-Thomspon, Valancius went ahead of Klay Thompson.

Beasley taken ahead of Westbrook. Darko ahead of Wade. We took Jordan Hill ahead of Brandon Jennings.

Towns is great prospect, but so is Mudiay. Those who say otherwise are clueless... and would take Triston Thompson over Klay Thompson.
    Common theme in your examples seems to be teams going with the big man over the guard. Part of the reason to be optimistic that we got the 4th pick. It should mean that we are forced to take a guard. That said, I'm going to laugh my ass off if the Lakers take Mudiay, the Sixers take Russell, and we get Okafor at 4.

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Common theme in your examples seems to be teams going with the big man over the guard. Part of the reason to be optimistic that we got the 4th pick. It should mean that we are forced to take a guard. That said, I'm going to laugh my ass off if the Lakers take Mudiay, the Sixers take Russell, and we get Okafor at 4.
    Me2!

Fran Fraschillo just told Michael Kay the choice is simple: Mudiay or Pirzings. He would roll the dice and go for the HR. He says Pirzingis is Dirk (offense) mixed with Kirlenko (defense). 19 yrs-old, 7"1.

BUT... you know... If we pass on him, he'll be great. If we draft him, he'll suck.

Stranger things... http://www.forbes.com/sites/markheisler/2015/05/19/something-finally-goes-right-for-lakers-wholl-draft-mudiay-at-no-2-it-says-here/
    If TOWNS goes 1st... LAK might pass on Okafor,

"2. Lakers–Mudiay.The draft sites are pencilling in Okafor but I think the Lakes will love Mudiay,the Congo native raised in Texas. He’s not only a major talent at point guardbut Showtime incarnate, a big value for Jerry Buss and his kids."
    not sure if Lakers will pass on Okafor and Russell for Mudiay...thats a stretch.

And Lakers might just get Rondo in free agency so locking up Okafor would solidify a good young core down low in Randle, Hill, and Okafor

but I do pray this happens for our sake
    "The Knicks are back" - Amare

Me2!

Fran Fraschillo just told Michael Kay the choice is simple: Mudiay or Pirzings. He would roll the dice and go for the HR. He says Pirzingis is Dirk (offense) mixed with Kirlenko (defense). 19 yrs-old, 7"1.

BUT... you know... If we pass on him, he'll be great. If we draft him, he'll suck.
    Franchillo is also an international scout that always has a bias for the euro players...I don't believe a euro player can be trusted at #4 based on history...they are better as a risk lottery pick they are really hit or miss until proven otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Winslow has to be at a minimum equal to them and fast...not like 3-4yrs from now. If Phil is gonna to change this franchise's course the kid needs to actually be better than them.

Because if Jimmy Butler(Winslow) is playing Jimmy Butler(Kawhai) is playing Jimmy Butler(Middleton) is playing Jimmy Butler(Matthews) is playing Jimmy Butler(Carroll) is playing Jimmy Butler(Hayward) is playing Jimmy Butler(Lance) is playing Jimmy Butler(Ariza) is playing Jimmy Butler(Porter) is playing Jimmy Butler(Wade) is playing Jimmy Butler(Thompson) is playing Jimmy Butler(Pope) is playing Jimmy Butler(Allen) is playing Jimmy Butler(George) is playing Jimmy Butler(Jimmy Butler)....

Then we don't really have any clear advantage most nights in this league.
    you lost me there...Winslow can guard multiple positions so just having that option puts his value above most players

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1355 View Post
    Franchillo is also an international scout that always has a bias for the euro players...I don't believe a euro player can be trusted at #4 based on history...they are better as a risk lottery pick they are really hit or miss until proven otherwise
    The question is... if Okafor-Towns-Russell go 1-2-3, and if NYK don't love Mudiay... Do you play it safe and draft a tweener in Winslow, trade the pick... OR, shoot for the moon? Pirzingis would, IMHO, be the best pick if the focus was on the future. Again, he just might be better than both Okafor and Towns. Tough call. I think I would go with the big, but only if my scouts gave their blessings... otherwise... Go with WCS. Winslow is nice, but SF are a dime a dozen... and 6"4' is small for the F position.

I'm happy with Winslow, WCS, or Pirzingis tho.

you lost me there...Winslow can guard multiple positions so just having that option puts his value above most players
    Problem is.. we have GREEK FREAK 2.0 to fill that need. I think... if we feel (or believe) in Winslow's offensive game (shooting and dribbling) then you draft him to be your SG. If you want him to be a SF... then draft somebody else. CARMELO is our SF.

To me, JW is worthy as the 4th pick... if he is our SG. A tall, combo GUARD who can even run the offense, and hope you see some Harden-Kobe-MJ in him.

Think of CHI and LA...Could he be a smaller version of Pippen (to Carmelo)?

Veteran

Me2!

I think Hezonja is the biggest wildcard in this draft for who could literally blow up. Like the most unlikely likely, he comes off like a Euro T-Mac. Dude is an absolute freak

Chad Ford mentioned him too as one of the top guys... Maturity issues to check out tho...

12th man

Suprise suprise suprise
    annnudder disapointment ...
    The Philly 76ers are going to do their homework before draft night to select Winslow at 3rd pick.
    A two way player that does all the little things to WIN .... Yep, I would take Winslow at FOUR ..
    All-day/everyday

Veteran

Are you saying the players(at least most of them) I listed as comparables can't do likewise?

I think Hezonja is the biggest wildcard in this draft for who could literally blow up. Like the most unlikely likely, he comes off like a Euro T-Mac. Dude is an absolute freak

that youtube video makes him look nasty good. I like his tenacity. But again..is he worth #4?

I also read that scouts say he goes on crazy cold streaks and doesn't stop shooting. He is a jock. Reminds me of J.R Smith. Crazy potential but no IQ.

However, he plays in a good league and has done well so thats a nice resume.

Are you saying the players(at least most of them) I listed as comparables can't do likewise?
    no i was just confused by the way you posted your comment.

Winslow is that kind of 5 tool prospect in baseball...he can do everything. Those players are more valuable than people think. And if they can become great at one thing they become all stars.

Problem is.. we have GREEK FREAK 2.0 to fill that need. I think... if we feel (or believe) in Winslow's offensive game (shooting and dribbling) then you draft him to be your SG. If you want him to be a SF... then draft somebody else. CARMELO is our SF.

To me, JW is worthy as the 4th pick... if he is our SG. A tall, combo GUARD who can even run the offense, and hope you see some Harden-Kobe-MJ in him.

Think of CHI and LA...Could he be a smaller version of Pippen (to Carmelo)?
    i disagree....Thanasis is over hyped because of his brother. For now he is a d leaguer that has a lot to prove.

Winslow is at a different level and might start right away on most nba teams. Thanasis is super raw.

Winslow is 6'4 without shoes and 6'6 with shows. He plays big, he hustles, rebounds and has crazy energy...having him with Melo at PF creates a faster team that can still make up for the lack of height with their hustle and athleticism.

Even if Winslow is our SG he is still a vast improvement over the inconsistent Hardaway and a starter.

The question is... if Okafor-Towns-Russell go 1-2-3, and if NYK don't love Mudiay... Do you play it safe and draft a tweener in Winslow, trade the pick... OR, shoot for the moon? Pirzingis would, IMHO, be the best pick if the focus was on the future. Again, he just might be better than both Okafor and Towns. Tough call. I think I would go with the big, but only if my scouts gave their blessings... otherwise... Go with WCS. Winslow is nice, but SF are a dime a dozen... and 6"4' is small for the F position.

I'm happy with Winslow, WCS, or Pirzingis tho.
    Personally if we don't like Mudiay or Winslow at #4 than I would go for Cauley-Stein.