Why the Knicks will draft Justice Winslow

mafra

Legend
What's this about Winslow not being athletic? I'm not a huge NCAA fan and I don't think you can tell that much about a player's athleticism just by watching highlights, but both NBADraft.net and Draft Express write that he is extremely athletic.

If he does have major issues, it's that he can't really shoot off the dribble, his jumper needs to improve, and his ball-handling is still a work in progress. On the plus side, he can contribute on the defensive end right away, and he's strong and quick.

His ball handling in space is fine. He went coast to coast often. In space, in the half court, he may need some work... but he can still penetrate. I see Scottie Pippen in Winslow.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It's getting to the point where you can't really fault the Knicks for taking either Mudiay or Winslow. Both are great players that appear to be two steps away from becoming nearly flawless. Mudiay needs to get a bit stronger (which is easily possible for a 19-year-old, just look at Anthony Davis between college and the NBA), Winslow needs to improve his ball-handling skills (also, easily possible for someone through experience), and they both need to improve their jump shots. But they both have excellent physical skills and great projections. Mudiay looks like a John Wall-type with elite size, athleticism, and quickness for the PG position - may even be a better ball-handler than Wall was in college. Winslow...well, Coach K compared him to Grant Hill, and if he's anything like Grant Hill was in his younger years, that makes him an incredible all-around player who was good at literally everything on the basketball court

Kiyaman

Legend
As a Dukie i love Winslow. Watched him all year and he would be great for us

I couldnt :agreed: with u more.. Winslow at 4
Im looking for Fisher to groom Winslow & Thanis as a big-guard to help Melo on the wing.
Plus this will give the Knicks the chance to sign or trade for one of the 3 to 7 year vet PG in the league as our starter PG .. Galloway as backup.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Knicks are keeping every workout classified...its pretty ridiculous

Smart, though. We talked about how much we loved Steph Curry and then the Warriors snagged him at #7. Stay tight-lipped and try to mislead people into thinking we want a big man, then they'll take them, leaving Russell there for us

Paul1355

All Star
Smart, though. We talked about how much we loved Steph Curry and then the Warriors snagged him at #7. Stay tight-lipped and try to mislead people into thinking we want a big man, then they'll take them, leaving Russell there for us
Well ridiculous because I'm a fan and want to know but smart, yes. The Knicks control the draft in that whoever they pick will determine who several teams pick. I'm praying we get a dynamic talent.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Well ridiculous because I'm a fan and want to know but smart, yes. The Knicks control the draft in that whoever they pick will determine who several teams pick. I'm praying we get a dynamic talent.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Even tho you were wrong about drafting Winslow, KnicksOnline needs you back homie :beer: