Could it be: Bos-NYK (Phil & Ainge)

mafra

Legend
Methinks a tentative deal could be in the mix... If the player BOS wants at 4, and 2 players NYK want are scooped up by BOS... Lyles, Payne, Kaminsky, Oubre, Looney, Rozier, Grant, Dekker.

I would think that Payne + Lyles is better than Mudiay or Winslow.

I'm beginning to think this is Phil's Plan-A, even if Okafor is sitting there at 4. Heck, this deal (from BOS's POV might be predicated on Okafor being there).

I add... Phil only pulls the trigger IF: (1) 2 players we want/like are there for BOS to gather for us (probably a PG like Payne or Grant plus a F like Lyles, Kaminsky, or Looney; (2) BOS tosses in a 1st next year; (3) BOS swaps Isaiah Thomas for Calderon OR they toss in Zeller or Turner.

"According to the Racine Journal-Times, the Celtics are eyeing trades that would allow them to move into the draft lottery.

The Celtics have the No. 16 and No. 28 pick in the first round this summer, and they are reportedly "dangling" those two picks in order to move up in the lottery. It isn't clear which prospect that the Celtics have their eyes on, but they could definitely add some firepower to their frontcourt. The Celtics have 12 total picks over the next two seasons, so expect them to be very aggressive in trade talks moving forward."

-----------

Imagine Okafor taken by NYK and then shipped to BOS for Payne & Looney, a 2016 1st, and Tyler Zeller. Talk about blockbuster.

tiger0330

Legend
Phil is definitely thinking about trading down. Though I wouldn't want him to do it for just the 16 and 28 pick, that 4th pick could be a potential star so I would only do it if we could get a rotation player like Evan Turner and send Calderon to them.

mafra

Legend
Phil is definitely thinking about trading down. Though I wouldn't want him to do it for just the 16 and 28 pick, that 4th pick could be a potential star so I would only do it if we could get a rotation player like Evan Turner and send Calderon to them.

That's my thinking... and probably only happens if Okafor falls, or they love WCS or Pirzingis. We would need 16,28 + a first rounder next year plus a rotation player like Turner or Zeller.

tiger0330

Legend
That's my thinking... and probably only happens if Okafor falls, or they love WCS or Pirzingis. We would need 16,28 + a first rounder next year plus a rotation player like Turner or Zeller.
I really could see Ainge trading 3 lotto protected first round picks for the 4th pick this year they have so many 1st round picks over the next few years. Didn't realize they have 12 picks in the next 2 years, that's insane, I know they have a few stashed away beyond 2 years also.

Paul1355

All Star
I prefer the Knicks to trade down but I would only be happy if we could dump Calderons contract along with getting two first rounders if they are that low. Boston has to take back Calderons deal for this to happen because pick 16 and 28 are not good enough.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Kiyaman

Legend
Rumors Rumors Rumors before Draft Night

Rumors n more Rumors before Draft Night ...

"According to the Racine Journal-Times, the Celtics are eyeing trades that would allow them to move into the draft lottery.

The Celtics have the No. 16 and No. 28 pick in the first round this summer, and they are reportedly "dangling" those two picks in order to move up in the lottery. It isn't clear which prospect that the Celtics have their eyes on, but they could definitely add some firepower to their frontcourt. The Celtics have 12 total picks over the next two seasons, so expect them to be very aggressive in trade talks moving forward.".

New York Knicks RUMORS: Ty Lawson, Kenneth Faried Trade Possible For 2015 NBA Draft Pick; DeAndre Jordan In Free Agency?
NBA RUMOR ROUND-UP: David Lee, Knicks, Lakers, Celtics, Draft Day Trades And More
Begley: Knicks will most likely get a guard in 2015 NBA Draft
Knicks Active On Market To Buy A Second Draft Pick
New York Knicks Rumors: Knicks Want Trey Lyles As First-Round Draft Pick
New York Knicks 2015 news: Take a chance on Lance Stephenson
NBA Rumors – Los Angeles Lakers Drafting D’Angelo Russell, New York Knicks Drafting Jahlil Okafor
NBA draft rumors: Lakers 'locked in' on Jahlil Okafor

Kiyaman

Legend
New York Knicks RUMORS:
D?Angelo Russell Cancels 2015 NBA Draft Visit With 76ers, Better Chance For OSU Guard At No. 4?

COLUMN: D'Angelo Russell canceling his workout with the 76ers could be good news for the N.Y. Knicks.

Ohio State freshman D'Angelo Russell reportedly canceled his visit and his workout this weekend with the Philadelphia 76ers, despite being in town. Although perhaps premature, it could bode well for the New York Knicks in the 2015 NBA draft.
Perhaps even more surprising, Russell was already in Philadelphia when he cancelled the visit and the workout.
"So 20 minutes ago D'Angelo was in town and ready to work out. Now he's canceling," Alec Nathan of Bleacher Report tweeted Friday. "This is going well."

Russell's camp offered no reason for the cancellation, and it's uncertain whether another visit and workout has been - or will be - scheduled.

Sorry Russell .. Winslow will become a teams Franchise player (D.Wade style) .. Plus Winslow high IQ n two-way performance is what the Knicks need at SG.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I prefer the Knicks to trade down but I would only be happy if we could dump Calderons contract along with getting two first rounders if they are that low. Boston has to take back Calderons deal for this to happen because pick 16 and 28 are not good enough.

Even then, it wouldn't be a good move. The reality is...what happens to teams that trade draft picks?

It doesn't end well.

Paul1355

All Star
Even then, it wouldn't be a good move. The reality is...what happens to teams that trade draft picks?

It doesn't end well.
Teams that trade picks get players in return and we are sorely lacking depth on this team. We have a few guys under contract and are expected to use most of the cap space on a big signing. Trading down is phils best shot at filling out the roster with talent and getting rid of calderons 7 mil contract. We also lack picks...(no second rounder this year and no first rounder in next hears draft) we need more and trading the 4th pick could net a player and a pick or two resulting in 2-3 players for 1