Official Trade Rumors Thread

Broadway

All Star
Yeah a little artistic license with that pic. Butler looks good in maroon and yellow, way better than Melo. Hate to say it KP looks good in that Celtics uni. A lot of people have spoken out against PJ trading KP but JVG said if they traded Kareem, they can trade anyone but PJ needs to get a Herschel Walker deal to do it. I don't think PJ is seeing those kinds of deals, not even from the Celts who are one of the only teams that could give us multiple firsts and it still wouldn't hurt them. I see it as a win win for both teams if we can deal KP to them.

Butler sent word back to Cleveland to not trade for him and some Cavs players are telling him not to come. FWIW he's real good friends with Kyrie Irving, who said he'll ask for a trade if things continue to go south. Billups appears to have talen the GM gig.

tiger0330

Legend
Butler sent word back to Cleveland to not trade for him and some Cavs players are telling him not to come. FWIW he's real good friends with Kyrie Irving, who said he'll ask for a trade if things continue to go south. Billups appears to have talen the GM gig.
Yeah I heard that but Amico tweeted this. There was some rumor that Lowry told Toronto that there's no way he's going to re-sign but he said don't believe anything you hear unless it's from him. WTF is wrong with Gilbert letting go of Griffin for Chauncey, the guy got him to the Finals 3 times and he hires a guy who was his spokesperson for some finance company he ran in Detroit.

mafra

Legend
Wade picked up his contract sent a message. CHI will re-up Rondo and hold on to Butler 1 more season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah I heard that but Amico tweeted this. There was some rumor that Lowry told Toronto that there's no way he's going to re-sign but he said don't believe anything you hear unless it's from him. WTF is wrong with Gilbert letting go of Griffin for Chauncey, the guy got him to the Finals 3 times and he hires a guy who was his spokesperson for some finance company he ran in Detroit.

Saying Gilbert took the Cavs to the FINALS 3 consecutive season are the same as saying Shumpert n JR.Smith took the Cavs to the FINALS .. or the coach before Tyron Lue

Kiyaman

Legend
You didn't hear D'Angelo is a Net. Him and Moz were traded for Lopez.

The Lakers traded Russell for a scoring big-man Lopez ..
The days before the Laker/Nets trade Phil were talking bout 7.3 KP is open for trade ..
Phil also got FINED for speaking so highly of Russell in 2015 even mention selecting Russell in the draft.
What happen? Phil no longer like Russell? or was Phil just talking BS bout KP open for trade?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Nobody likes Russell anymore KP being available is *probably* just Phil trying to see if any team will come up with a giant offer for him

Tkf

Benchwarmer
I find it funny how people are so up in arms about trading this 7'3 jump shooter... really? no one on this team is untouchable, and if Phil is targeting a player in the draft he feels has true franchise potential, then I say pull the trigger.. Porzingis is a good player, but he is not a franchise changing talent. We have to stop getting so attached to good players, we need to get attached to great players.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If Porzingis is really so bad, why are teams willing to trade top picks in this draft for him? If all Phil wanted was the 4th overall pick, the Suns would have done it ages ago, which is how you KNOW it would be a bad trade. If everyone else wants him...it's because he's good. And if he's good, we should hold on to him. Why is it that Knicks fans seem to always be on board with trading their young players? How many franchises really improved and went to the playoffs because they traded their young players and top picks?

Tkf

Benchwarmer
If Porzingis is really so bad, why are teams willing to trade top picks in this draft for him? If all Phil wanted was the 4th overall pick, the Suns would have done it ages ago, which is how you KNOW it would be a bad trade. If everyone else wants him...it's because he's good. And if he's good, we should hold on to him. Why is it that Knicks fans seem to always be on board with trading their young players? How many franchises really improved and went to the playoffs because they traded their young players and top picks?

where did you read anyone saying he is so bad? the point here is that he is not so good we shouldn't consider trading him to move up.. And you don't know what the suns would have done in such a hypothetical scenario. what we do have an idea of is that the suns were not interested in parting with Chriss and certainly not booker in any deal involving porzingis.. so what does that tell you? maybe knick fans are overvaluing porzingis? as we tend to do with any player we have..

Franchises who traded their young players and top picks who went to the playoffs? how about the Cavs? but hey they did have lebron and kyrie... I think a better question is how many teams have won overvaluing and holding onto marginal talent. That is the question we should be asking. Young players are traded all of the time the key is keeping the right ones and when you have the chance to strike and get a special player.. you do it.

Broadway

All Star

First of all #kporzee is not being traded because he's a bad player, Phil never said that nor really has anyone else so please stop with this narrative. It has to do more with circumstances and relationship with player. Second of all teams are calling but they are backing off asking price, which means they only value him so much. Third of all teams are calling Ainge and those in the Top 5 with similar offers/demand for those picks(the likes of Jackson) so it's not saying much about #kporzee's value really.

I'm for trading #kporzee if it nets prospects from this draft and/or sets us up potentially to further/complete the rebuild next yr. #kporzee has played a part of 2 lottery filled teams if you add in Melo make that 3. Stop OVERRATING them in the same breath Winger.

Broadway

All Star
Okay I don't think he comes here as he makes this official to PDX, but fans can start drumming up dream scenarios on him now. I know Red is loving this....Ha Ha Ha

After I argued with him we have no shot

San Antonio and Lakers top his list with Dallas, Knicks, Atl, and maybe a couple others in the fold.

Life comes at you fast don't it...

and1

Rotation player
First of all #kporzee is not being traded because he's a bad player, Phil never said that nor really has anyone else so please stop with this narrative. It has to do more with circumstances and relationship with player. Second of all teams are calling but they are backing off asking price, which means they only value him so much. Third of all teams are calling Ainge and those in the Top 5 with similar offers/demand for those picks(the likes of Jackson) so it's not saying much about #kporzee's value really.

I'm for trading #kporzee if it nets prospects from this draft and/or sets us up potentially to further/complete the rebuild next yr. #kporzee has played a part of 2 lottery filled teams if you add in Melo make that 3. Stop OVERRATING them in the same breath Winger.

i don't think it has anything to do with opposing execs thinking KP isn't worth the asking price. i think it has more to do with them checking to see if phil really is as bad at this as it seems, if they can fleece him and play him and if they can take advantage of his seemingly bruised ego. i really think it's as simple as that. let's see what phil does. let's see if they're correct in their assumption that they can play him.

and1

Rotation player
The 4th, Bledsoe, Chris and a future 1st gets it down for me.

man, as much as i don't really want to see KP traded, having the 4th and 8th and bledsoe and future 1st rounder... i might have to bite on that.
draftexpress has us picking monk at 8 as well, btw.

It's funny reading online that Danny Ainge is scrambling to put together a deal for KP. Well, if Phil Jackson needed to feed his ego, this was the way to do it.

Tkf

Benchwarmer

good post. Teams are going to do their due dilligence and porzingis can be a nice asset on a good team. The knicks are not a good team, and porzingis isn't Towns or Anthony Davis. so where do you go knicks? gather as many assets as you can. I argued with a friend last night who thinks trading a proven young player for another young player with potential is wrong, He wonders when do you stop? I told him you stop when you get the proper assets to build a team together or you get "That guy"... knicks have neither so they really need to do whatever it takes to get one of the two... enough assets to group together immediately or "that guy"..

Knicks need not overvalue porzingis.

tiger0330

Legend
BOS and NYK getting hot and heavy
What if Vlade jumps in here and offers 5 & 10 plus WCS for KP. Would you guys do it. Lot of love for KP among bball fans with people saying he's got KD potential still. If he doesn't get traded, I think this is pivotal year for him, does he come back bigger and stronger and answers peoples criticism that he be able to play in the post. Does his added strength enable him to play an entire season with no injuries and weak finishes.