Official Trade Rumors Thread

Broadway

All Star
Now, if Lebron is truly running things.... and, in order for it to happen, Lebron commits to CLE for more than 1 season.... No way Melo accepts a trade to CLE.

However, if LJ holds Gilbert hostage and demands a swap for Melo, then LJ convinces his friend to come join him, there's a slim chance stars align and this thing happens.

Naaaahhhh Lebron is checked out, he could care less

Actually if Lebron showed he was committed to Cleveland it would be more beneficial and they might be able to pull of some key moves but since he isn't we'll see this franchise crumble as expected. There's really zero evidence to think otherwise.

I figure Minny to be his destination of choice when it's all said and done. I've mentioned Kyrie and Butler being very close before. Cleveland truly doesn't have to make a move at all until they have to.

Not sure how Minny does it. They can't move Teague's contract until December.

tiger0330

Legend
All these stories I see about Kyrie's short list of teams makes me laugh, he doesn't have a choice. He's under contract for at least 2 more years and with a new GM starting I think the Cavs play the waiting game to see how things evolve for at least the first half of the season. First window of opportunity I see the Cavs possibly considering trading him is next Feb., nothing gets done for Kyrie this off-season imo.

Broadway

All Star
Not sure how Minny does it. They can't move Teague's contract until December.

I'm not saying Minny can get it done, they appear to be a major preference of his because I read another ESPN article saying Kyrie had Bulls on his list until Butler got traded. Wolves do have 2 2018 picks and all the rest of their 1st rounders going forward.

Cavs will wait and take their time, heck Lebron could bolt and Irving ends up staying who knows...We need to stay out of this it doesn't bode well for us down the road for what we'll have to give up

All jokes aside, if I'm the Cavs I trade Kyrie to us if the deal includes 2 1st round picks. Every time we trade away a 1st round pick, it ends up being a lottery pick. No way 1st round picks from Minny or SA are going to be lottery picks.

This is also why I don't want us to do this deal if it costs us 2 1st round picks.

mafra

Legend
PHO is the key here.... if they can "dump" a bad contract and get something in return.... CLE might jump at a chance to get 2 Lebron buddies (Melo and Bledsoe). Lebron just attended EB's wedding.

All these stories I see about Kyrie's short list of teams makes me laugh, he doesn't have a choice. He's under contract for at least 2 more years and with a new GM starting I think the Cavs play the waiting game to see how things evolve for at least the first half of the season. First window of opportunity I see the Cavs possibly considering trading him is next Feb., nothing gets done for Kyrie this off-season imo.

Yeah, this situation is kind of making people look stupid. There was just a story about Butler and KAT recruiting Kyrie to Minny like he was a free agent.

Broadway

All Star
All jokes aside, if I'm the Cavs I trade Kyrie to us if the deal includes 2 1st round picks. Every time we trade away a 1st round pick, it ends up being a lottery pick. No way 1st round picks from Minny or SA are going to be lottery picks.

This is also why I don't want us to do this deal if it costs us 2 1st round picks.

If Kyrie makes us no better than a bottom feeding lottery team or bottom feeding playoff team then as you say why do a deal when it may cost a couple picks at minimum.

If we go off first reporting, that's our early offer(2 picks)...in a bidding war our final offer is probably more. What's sad is we're the only team that made a starting offer...other teams haven't Knicks always gon Knick!

All wisdom here suggest stay out of this, it would probably get real complicated the deeper the discussions.

mafra

Legend
LeBron James may be "intrigued with pursuing a Los Angeles Lakers exit plan" in 2018, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Woj reports that there's a "growing verdict" that the Lakers could be LeBron's future target, which may be part of the reason Kyrie Irving would prefer a trade away from the Cavs. In a salacious twist, Stephen A. Smith said on Sunday that Kyrie is convinced LeBron's camp leaked Kyrie's preference for a trade. "They believe that LeBron James got word of it, and was put off by it, and leaked it," Smith said. Irving reportedly would prefer to be dealt to the Knicks, Heat, Spurs or Wolves, but there's no clear traction for any of those scenarios.

LeBron James may be "intrigued with pursuing a Los Angeles Lakers exit plan" in 2018, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Woj reports that there's a "growing verdict" that the Lakers could be LeBron's future target, which may be part of the reason Kyrie Irving would prefer a trade away from the Cavs. In a salacious twist, Stephen A. Smith said on Sunday that Kyrie is convinced LeBron's camp leaked Kyrie's preference for a trade. "They believe that LeBron James got word of it, and was put off by it, and leaked it," Smith said. Irving reportedly would prefer to be dealt to the Knicks, Heat, Spurs or Wolves, but there's no clear traction for any of those scenarios.

Lebron has to go somewhere if he leaves the Cavs next year, so why not the Lakers? Everyone seems to want to go there. As far as leaking the Kyrie trade info, that is a problem for the Cavs because it generated leverage against them in getting the best possible deal.

Broadway

All Star
Lebron has to go somewhere if he leaves the Cavs next year, so why not the Lakers? Everyone seems to want to go there. As far as leaking the Kyrie trade info, that is a problem for the Cavs because it generated leverage against them in getting the best possible deal.

Well there's a thought out there that teams are clamoring at a chance for Kyrie because he's 'bang for buck" right now. I have to think the offers will be be pretty good. Especially when you have a team like us offering 2 1st rd picks out the gate. If Kyrie does feel Lebron undercut him with this leak then maybe he expands that list to ensure getting out of dodge and the bidding wars escalates.

tiger0330

Legend
Ball is not only on the 2 yd line but we're in OT. Daily News says Mills is committed to sending him to the Rox just was waiting for his hit man Perry to pull the trigger, let's get this done so we can move on to getting a PG with the cap space we get from trading him.

Broadway

All Star
Posting on this situation I kept harkening back to "there's a reason we haven't made a bold statement of not trading him to the Rockets and Melo's camp still expecting to be traded there"...

It's because it was part of the negotiating of Melo lifting his NTC. We as an organization if we're so-called "changing" can't operate in business like this, not in good faith. An agent like Leon Rose will destroy us, calling ourselves trying to moonwalk away from an agreement. There is no upside to us continuing prolonging this and I also feel as I said when Perry was hired I feel sorry for him...because Mills in waiting to make a move is ultimately making this be a Perry-Joint-Venture to ease the burden of exchange solely on himself. What a hack

OLD KNICKS ARE BACK!!!

Broadway

All Star
Bill Simmons reports a very suspect rumor OKC and Melo are circling each other. Something tells me Melo must be getting close to being traded for real

BTW I don't think he's going to OKC whatsoever, I think this was strictly a HIT piece by Bill Simmons

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Cavs made a better offer for Paul George, but Indy didn't want to send PG there..... had that trade gone down, NYK probably agrees to trade Melo to OKC for the kids Indy received.

At this point, these final rumors are Perry's attempt to tell interested suitors: submit best offer.

Still hoping Lebron jumps in an demands CLE ship Kyrie out of town and bring him Melo and Bledsoe.

Lose Irving but sign Rose and trade for Melo and Bledsoe. Probably best CLE can do (other than shippers by Kyrie To DET for Teague and Avery).

This won't happen but we can have fun for a little bit.

I can't wait to see how little we get back in return.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Bill Simmons reports a very suspect rumor OKC and Melo are circling each other. Something tells me Melo must be getting close to being traded for real

BTW I don't think he's going to OKC whatsoever, I think this was strictly a HIT piece by Bill Simmons
Could be an odd trade too for the Thunder because they got Paul George. And both are risks because both can leave after next season.

mafra

Legend
Cleveland management reportedly views a Kyrie Irving trade as "almost inevitable," as they're not confident in their ability to salvage the relationship.

The Cavs are reportedly looking for a "king's ransom" in return for Irving and they're placing a high premium on bringing in a "blue-chip young player," according to sources of Zach Lowe of ESPN. Phoenix has surfaced as one of the more intriguing potential landing spots for Irving, but that deal would likely hinge on the Suns' willingness to part ways with Josh Jackson, whom they're reportedly enamored with. Boston has also reached out to Cleveland, but Lowe notes that it's unlikely we'll see the top-2 teams out East strike a deal this summer.

Broadway

All Star
POR sends Crabbe to Brooklyn for Nicholson.

Prelude to a Melo deal? Clearing space for Ryno?

Nets doing exactly what I figured to be in our best interests. Try to use cap space as an asset to facilitate deals. Not necessarily two players I would've clamored for but philosophy is on point. Yeah Portland definitely is setting up for another move.

According to the tweet yesterday, the Melo deal should be completed in the next 2:30 hrs