Official Trade Rumors Thread

Broadway

All Star
This is what happens when you have a great GM like Presti. Minutes after trading Melo to ATL he flips Muscala to the Sixers for Cabarrot and Justin Anderson. Muscala plays hard but Anderson and Cabarrot are good athletes with upside. Presti has again managed to rebuild the team again when people considered it unlikely with their cap space and a declining Melo as an asset.

Yeah I posted this news in the wrong thread but Presti is a one of a kind GM

I know he?ll forever catch hell for the Harden exodus(which is way overblown IMO)...it?s not like OKC fell off after he left

Maybe in hindsight you could slam him for not getting great value back in return but remember KD left because he got tired of Russ does anyone feel he would?ve tolerated more ball dominance from Harden over time...I think not

Name a team that could lose 2 Top 5 players and remain highly relevant and a true threat to win?

tiger0330

Legend
Rox have been trying to trade Ryno forever, finally did it w/o having to trade a first though Melton was playing like one in SL. Melton and our Robinson were stickouts as second round picks in SL. Ryno gone makes Melo a better fit for the Rox. I like the trade for both teams.

tiger0330

Legend
Ryno was either very unhappy in Houston or very benevolent to them in helping get this trade done. Reduced his guarantee by 5M the following year.

Kiyaman

Legend

WOW-wee! this trade may put the Suns in playoff position in the West to grab the 8th or 7th seed in the upcoming season.
The Suns signed all-around leadership SF-Trevor Ariza and double-double PF-Richaun Holmes early in offseason, now the Suns traded for a veteran PF Ryno Anderson to teach the number one pick Ayton the ropes on the court during games, having defensive center Tyson Chandler put Ayton under his wing, while Ariza take Josh Jackson and rookie Mikal Bridges under his wing.
Look for the Suns to be shopping for a veteran PG before the Feb deadline .. probably go strongly after Patrick Beverley for a first round pick.

mafra

Legend
Jimmy Butler asks for a trade and names Knicks, Nets, or Clippers as his desired location. Coach Thibby says he won?t trade Butler.

Courtney Lee or Timmy Hardaway Jr along with Lance Thomas and a 2019 2nd and 2020 1st?

Dump a contract and get Kyrie?s buddy is worth the 2020 1st.

Jimmy Butler asks for a trade and names Knicks, Nets, or Clippers as his desired location. Coach Thibby says he won?t trade Butler.

Courtney Lee or Timmy Hardaway Jr along with Lance Thomas and a 2019 2nd and 2020 1st?

Dump a contract and get Kyrie?s buddy is worth the 2020 1st.

If you believe the recent town hall meeting, Knicks front office won?t make this trade because Butler is a player who can be signed in an upcoming free agency. Also, Mills says we are done trading away 1st round picks. Who knows though. This wouldn?t be the first time our franchise has said one thing and then immediately contradicts itself.

mafra

Legend
We need to dump 2 of the following 3 anyway: Noah, THjr, Lee.

I wouldn?t trade our 2019 first (even tho the value is diminished if we get Butler).... but the 2020 1st should be a pick in the late 20s... to me, to ensure I get Jimmy AND dump 2/3 bad contracts... that?s worth a 2020 1st.

I think if a deal falls in our lap... where we dump salaries and don?t have to give up young assets or our 2019 first rounder... we do this.

Plus, it helps our salary cap if we only have to sign 1 free agent max next season... then we re-sign our own 2 (KP and Butler).

Lee and Timmy or Lee and Thomas plus a 2020 first is a good deal for us.

With KP, Butler, Knox, Robinson and Knits, with Burke and Mudiay... we attract Kyrie... then get a first rounder next summer. This should complete the rebuild.

We need to dump 2 of the following 3 anyway: Noah, THjr, Lee.

I wouldn?t trade our 2019 first (even tho the value is diminished if we get Butler).... but the 2020 1st should be a pick in the late 20s... to me, to ensure I get Jimmy AND dump 2/3 bad contracts... that?s worth a 2020 1st.

I think if a deal falls in our lap... where we dump salaries and don?t have to give up young assets or our 2019 first rounder... we do this.

Plus, it helps our salary cap if we only have to sign 1 free agent max next season... then we re-sign our own 2 (KP and Butler).

Lee and Timmy or Lee and Thomas plus a 2020 first is a good deal for us.

With KP, Butler, Knox, Robinson and Knits, with Burke and Mudiay... we attract Kyrie... then get a first rounder next summer. This should complete the rebuild.

I agree, it makes sense. I do think that
Mills and Perry are going to be one of the least active front offices in the league. Based on their comments, I get the feeling they think that not sacrificing future assets is the key to our future, but not quite sure how they plan on making it happen in free agency this coming offseason without 1st improving the roster.

mafra

Legend
I agree, it makes sense. I do think that
Mills and Perry are going to be one of the least active front offices in the league. Based on their comments, I get the feeling they think that not sacrificing future assets is the key to our future, but not quite sure how they plan on making it happen in free agency this coming offseason without 1st improving the roster.

I?m not saying this is like when West sent Gasol you LA from MEM or McHale sending Garnett to BOS... but the good news is Layden and Thibbs are the decision-makers in MIN and will ultimately decide Butler?s fate.

This might work against us, their ties to NYK, bc maybe they loathe Dolan. But... the relationship forged already might also help. They won?t want to send Butler to another WC team. And, Thomas and Lee are Thibbs type players. Perhaps we?re forced to toss in Mudiay...

Lee, Thomas, Mudiay and 2020 1st? Would Minny find this attractive. I doubt Mills wants the make Same Mistake team made with Melo... we won?t gut team for JB. But, again, if this trade helps keep KP happy and lure Kyrie... and it helps us dump 2 contracts... we would pursue it if if didn?t rob from the 2019 roster.

tiger0330

Legend
Thibs gave up Zack, Dunn and Laurie to get Jimmy. He's not trading him for 2 of Tim, Clee and LT. If the Knicks want Butler the opening offer better be Porzingis and maybe Thibs considers eating THJ contract. Thibs is on the hot seat in MN, if he loses Butler without at least getting someone like Blake Griffin back he's going to be out of a job like SVG is.

mafra

Legend
Butler wants out and is a free agent. No way Minny is getting KP. I agree that Thibbs is stuck... most likely Minny does nothing until Feb... see where season is at then.

Reading between the lines, I think Butler is the Clippers to lose. If they pursue him in earnest, they will get the deal done.

Broadway

All Star
If you believe the recent town hall meeting, Knicks front office won’t make this trade because Butler is a player who can be signed in an upcoming free agency. Also, Mills says we are done trading away 1st round picks. Who knows though. This wouldn’t be the first time our franchise has said one thing and then immediately contradicts itself.

I could speak at length about the dynamics of all of this but I will say the Knicks trying to sell so hard to the public of change is kind of disturbing. They need to stop talking too much of what they will and won't do because they can't predict what will and won't happen external to the organization

With that being said the fact all these players are flocking to Cali(rumored to be) should be the wake-up call to Knick Fans to stop sipping the FOOL-AID that New York has instantly become some hot bed of sorts. There's a reason Lebron/Kawhi/Boogie/Butler/Durant have moved or heavily rumored to move in the Cali digs and much of it has nothing to do with basketball IMHO. Butler works out in Cali heavy and he's extremely popular with people in entertainment outside of basketball. These guys are very weird when it comes to what drives their decisions

In the end he'll probably get traded to the Clippers but may not be a lock to remain there. If he gets traded there I believe he stays

Kiyaman

Legend
As much as i would like to offer Tim Hardaway Jr. and a future first rounder in 2021 to the Wolves for Butler's one yr contract .. It's hard for me to do because there's no way Butler's past 2 years performance on the Bulls and Wolves earned or were worth him receiving a 5 yr Max contract worth $190M .. Maybe, if Butler were to take the Wolves to the 2nd round of the 2019 playoffs then maybe the Wolves organization could find his worth near the $190M range for 5 years.
I've became very skeptical of trading or signing FA Butler, especially after just one season with the Wolves ..
Butler knew what type of situation he was getting himself into for the next 2 seasons when he agreed to the trade to play for his ex-coach Thibs on the Wolves last off-season. Butler were made the Wolves captain and leader on his first arrival in Minny, the Wolves young team star players KAT and Wiggins followed Butler's lead all season. Now the 2nd season Butler dont want to have anything to do with KAT and Wiggins growth, nor his ex-teammate Gibson and ex-coach Thibs, not to mention welcoming his other two ex-teammates Rose and Deng who just joined the Wolves.

Lets say we did trade for Butler .. what type of team-leadership could Butler show our group of young-core Knick players throughout the season when Butler will be performing for a 5 yr Max contract that he will not live up to. Butler's performance the past 3 season was not worth half his pay grade .. It look like the Chicago Bulls rid themselves of a big headache in Butlers final yr contract by trading the headache to the Wolves last offseason.
The Knicks dont need to make the same mistake twice !!!

Wargames

Starter
Thibs gave up Zack, Dunn and Laurie to get Jimmy. He's not trading him for 2 of Tim, Clee and LT. If the Knicks want Butler the opening offer better be Porzingis and maybe Thibs considers eating THJ contract. Thibs is on the hot seat in MN, if he loses Butler without at least getting someone like Blake Griffin back he's going to be out of a job like SVG is.

The rumor I heard was Lee, Frank, and a first.

mafra

Legend
MIN owner telling GMs and Execs to call him directly with trades, if Layden is unresponsive. ?The owner will trade Butler,? says one source.

In other words, doesn?t matter what Thibbs thinks here.