Official Trade Rumors Thread

Broadway

All Star
See there is no masterplan of players trying to link up in New York as I figured

AD willing to play for multiple teams just like Kyrie and this was an intentional leak by Pelicans. Figured they would more and more as they got closer to the 7th

mafra

Legend
I figured we have no chance for AD too... unless we land Zion. So, basically, Zion won?t be a NYK, bc if we win lottery he?s going to NO.

Then again, he may still be dealt elsewhere.

Still, at least he would sign extension with us. At least there?s that.

I can?t see NO acting now... they?ll wait until
After the season... get BOS involved... see who has Zion.

Broadway

All Star
I figured we have no chance for AD too... unless we land Zion. So, basically, Zion won’t be a NYK, bc if we win lottery he’s going to NO.

Then again, he may still be dealt elsewhere.

Still, at least he would sign extension with us. At least there’s that.

I can’t see NO acting now... they’ll wait until
After the season... get BOS involved... see who has Zion.

This offer is insane

Supposedly Lakers are waiting on Pels to wrap this up

mafra

Legend
Fletcher Mackel
Twitter ? FletcherWDSU
Media posted by Fletcher Mackel
Pelicans source: Right now Dell Demps (and Danny Ferry, who?s very much involved in all aspects of Anthony Davis trade situation) are NOT taking Lakers offer @BA_Turner first reported. Some in Pels organization want LA deal. I?m told NOLA believes it can get Tatum this summer.

Broadway

All Star
Fletcher Mackel
Twitter ? FletcherWDSU
Media posted by Fletcher Mackel
Pelicans source: Right now Dell Demps (and Danny Ferry, who?s very much involved in all aspects of Anthony Davis trade situation) are NOT taking Lakers offer @BA_Turner first reported. Some in Pels organization want LA deal. I?m told NOLA believes it can get Tatum this summer.

Nothing has changed it?s L.A. or Boston(I believe the Pels are colluding with them)

Not really interested in gutting our team for a puncher?s chance at AD including landing #1 overall

mafra

Legend
Nothing has changed it?s L.A. or Boston(I believe the Pels are colluding with them)

Not really interested in gutting our team for a puncher?s chance at AD including landing #1 overall

Nothing prevents Demps and Ainge from chatting... they can talk about trade particulars... just can?t do a trade unless Kyrie is dealt.

Would be funny if BOS gets desperate and feels it can?t wait... they trade us Kyrie, so they can get AD.

In this scenario, we could then sign 2 max guys AND Kyrie, right?

Anyway... not sure sending Zion, Knox, Knits, Trier, MRob for AD a smart play either.

Broadway

All Star
Nothing prevents Demps and Ainge from chatting... they can talk about trade particulars... just can?t do a trade unless Kyrie is dealt.

Would be funny if BOS gets desperate and feels it can?t wait... they trade us Kyrie, so they can get AD.

In this scenario, we could then sign 2 max guys AND Kyrie, right?

Anyway... not sure sending Zion, Knox, Knits, Trier, MRob for AD a smart play either.

I gotcha

What I mean by collude, they may have an agreed upon deal but want to drive the Lakers price up just because. Like even if the Lakers offer a better package Pels will reject it and won?t demand more from the Celtics

The leaks of liking Tatum(seen it more than once) IMO is a sign this is what?s going down

mafra

Legend
I gotcha

What I mean by collude, they may have an agreed upon deal but want to drive the Lakers price up just because. Like even if the Lakers offer a better package Pels will reject it and won?t demand more from the Celtics

The leaks of liking Tatum(seen it more than once) IMO is a sign this is what?s going down

And NO could be punkin LAK... leaking info so to cause internal strife. Rondo and Lance ain?t gonna be happy hearing their names...

mafra

Legend
I can understand both sides for NO... acting now makes it easier to acquire expiring deals and such. But AD already under contract, so this isn?t like with NY and KP (where NY lost leverage if they waited).

It?s basically, do they want Tatum or Zion or Brandon Ingram? Right? Anybody else?

LAK and BOS can offer deals where NO can be competitive now, but is that in their long term interest?

Ball and Smart and Ingram and Tatum will want out first chance they get.

At least with NY, Knox and Trier and MRob are under their control longer, same with Zion. This is probably better than what LA is offering.

Tatum and 4 first rounder this draft might be attractive too.

Their thinking has to be that the LA offer now will be there in July. Why not wait to see what NY has and what BOS will give.

Broadway

All Star
I can understand both sides for NO... acting now makes it easier to acquire expiring deals and such. But AD already under contract, so this isn’t like with NY and KP (where NY lost leverage if they waited).

It’s basically, do they want Tatum or Zion or Brandon Ingram? Right? Anybody else?

LAK and BOS can offer deals where NO can be competitive now, but is that in their long term interest?

Ball and Smart and Ingram and Tatum will want out first chance they get.

At least with NY, Knox and Trier and MRob are under their control longer, same with Zion. This is probably better than what LA is offering.

Tatum and 4 first rounder this draft might be attractive too.

Their thinking has to be that the LA offer now will be there in July. Why not wait to see what NY has and what BOS will give.

Lakers offer is more a rebuild offer than win now...Kuzma/Ball/Ingram never been to the playoffs. All young in their career 2 and 3yr pros respectively with a median age of 22 add in 2 picks(likely 19' and 21'). They aren't winning with that roster in the West, especially if they dump Jrue(which I'm hearing they will if to another team)

Laker offer might not be there if their goal is to make the playoffs. I can see Ball being traded by the deadline regardless. Dad wants him routed to Phx. Lakers are not a playoff team. You think Lebron will be happy with them missing the playoffs and possibly missing out on trading for AD. I think not.

Also our assets aren't increasing in value either they are flatlining and/or decreasing(with exception possibly the pick)....meanwhile LA and BOS assets probably will appreciate in value some towards back half of season if they win

Knox is hella inefficient, Trier isn't really defined as a player...Knits continues to be a guard buried behind others, Robinson now has to find his way just the same with Jordan/Vonleh/Kornet getting minutes and we're going to lose a lot more down the stretch

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
I hear you... but Tatum and Ball will be in their third years... Ingram in his 4th season next year. So, what does that mean for Pelicans? They get BI for a season? Then he demands a trade in his walk year? At least with Tatum they get 2 years...

Still, none of these do much for NO in the long term... aside from assets they?ll flip. Tough call, but if BOS won?t get an extension, would they surrender Tatum? Wouldn?t you prefer 4 years of Knox to 1 year of BI?

Gonna be fascinating what NO does.

I imagine they wait until July unless they feel they can sign BI and Kuzma.

I think there are different people who want different things in their org. Some probably want the massive LA deal, some maybe target a player like Tatum and multiple picks this draft... others may cover Zion.

If it were me, personally, I hold out for Zion. Lakers gets me picks that won?t help much, players I can?t cobtrol... all for dumping 1 bad contract?

mafra

Legend
?The Lakers are presently offering the Pelicans a package that includes forwards Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma, guard Lonzo Ball and two first-round picks ? as well as a willingness to absorb the remaining $12.7M on Solomon Hill?s contract in the 2019-20 season, league sources told ESPN.?

1- Ball already wants out.
2- BI in his 4th season next year. He stays in NO for 2 years, then is gone.
3- Hill only on books for 1 more season
4- 2 draft picks at end of round 1 doesn?t do much.

In other words, NO is waiting until July.

The question is, what will BOS surrender without extension bc AD won?t sign extension with BOS.

Broadway

All Star
I hear you... but Tatum and Ball will be in their third years... Ingram in his 4th season next year. So, what does that mean for Pelicans? They get BI for a season? Then he demands a trade in his walk year? At least with Tatum they get 2 years...

Still, none of these do much for NO in the long term... aside from assets they’ll flip. Tough call, but if BOS won’t get an extension, would they surrender Tatum? Wouldn’t you prefer 4 years of Knox to 1 year of BI?

Gonna be fascinating what NO does.

I imagine they wait until July unless they feel they can sign BI and Kuzma.

I think there are different people who want different things in their org. Some probably want the massive LA deal, some maybe target a player like Tatum and multiple picks this draft... others may cover Zion.

If it were me, personally, I hold out for Zion. Lakers gets me picks that won’t help much, players I can’t cobtrol... all for dumping 1 bad contract?

Pels will have dumped salary in trade and will have cap space to pay guys 22-23yrs old. It's their age not so much yrs of service primarily their 2nd full yr with no Bron or Kobe to be the best they can be in the NO. Randle was showing how a player can start to break out this yr himself. They can clearly control those players once money is moved hence them also wanting Lakers to take on Solomon Hill's deal. They'll have BI on a similar leash as we had with #kporzee...TOs on Ball and Kuz

Kuzma is the older one of the bunch that's it. No I'd rather have BI at this point because he's better and only 2yrs older. You have no idea if BI would want to leave they could actually give him an extension by October unlike us with #kporzee. Ball has no say lol, he and his team can be difficult in all of this but he's under contract plain and simple.

And remember....THEY CAN GO OVER THE CAP TO RETAIN THEIR OWN PLAYERS IF NEED BE

They're toying with the Lakers because again colluding with Ainge

Really they want a historic offer just because...lol. No way they talk themselves down to what we'd have to offer. The only team that can equal this offer is Boston

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
They should ask for the moon.... (1) they don?t want to help LA and (2) LA is desperate.

LJ doesn?t care about LAK in 4-5 years... it?s all about next 3 seasons for LJ, and Magic appears to be selling his soul for the right to partner with LJ for the twilight of his career.

Start with package NY surrendered for Melo, then double it.

Ball, Kuzma, Hart, Ingram, Zubek, 3 first rounders and 3 second rounder and LA takes Hill. It?s either something like this or LAK and LJ risk not getting AD.

LJ wants AD there so they can attract a max guy this summer. Otherwise, LJ is screwed.