Official Trade Rumors Thread

mafra

Legend
Reports now coming out BOS told NO to wait, that they?ll make it worth their while BuT.... Tatum not part of any deal.

Broadway

All Star
Reports now coming out BOS told NO to wait, that they’ll make it worth their while BuT.... Tatum not part of any deal.

He isn't and smart of Ainge not to muddy up the current process by throwing every name out there under the sun like Magic did. They're still trying to win a championship and he doesn't want to rock that boat just yet. The report also said he'll make an offer worthwhile which means if it takes Tatum which it will he'll offer him up without hesitation.

But now we're getting some juicy stuff, check this out

I believe AD would've come here just not sure how bad he wanted to be here...once again when you list 4 teams for the most part there isn't officially a true #1 team, although technically there could be. Why leak this now...oh that's right Lakers backed off talks so now the reset and jockying of leverage starts over again. Sounds like agent leak but this most certainly places #kporzee closer to HELL...lol

mafra

Legend
If we were his number 1 destination before... imagine his desire if we sign KD.

I actually prefer keeping our kids and picks and Zion. If AD wants NY, wait until next summer and sign with us...

I feel like a few times before we have found out after the fact that these star player trade destination wish lists are made up by the media.

Kiyaman

Legend
WOW !!!
Lakers president Magic Johnson has been drinking to much Lebron James kool-aid ....

In addition to putting Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, Rajon Rondo, Lance Stephenson, Michael Beasley, and two first round picks on the table for Anthony Davis, the Lakers are also offering to take on Solomon Hill’s contract to give New Orleans cap relief.

tiger0330

Legend
Jimmy Butler can be had by the Knicks if they want him. Not really surprised by this with the Clips courting Kawhi heavily, Boban follows his amigo to the Sixers.

Sources: Clippers agree to trade Tobias Harris to 76ers in deal involving 6 players

2:35 AM ET
  • i

Adrian WojnarowskiESPN

The LA Clippers have agreed to trade forward Tobias Harris, center Boban Marjanovic and forward Mike Scott to the Philadelphia 76ers for guard Landry Shamet, forwards Wilson Chandler and Mike Muscala, its 2020 first-round pick, an unprotected 2021 unprotected first-round pick via Miami and a 2021 and 2023 second-round pick, league sources told ESPN.
Harris could be moving toward a maximum-level contract in free agency this summer, something that would've been difficult for Clippers to do with their own free agency aspirations.

mafra

Legend
Wow. And WOW!

The Clippers have agreed to trade F Tobias Harris, C Boban Marjanovic and PF Mike Scott to the 76ers for G Landry Shamet, F Wilson Chandler, PF Mike Muscala and a 2020 first-round pick, a 2021 unprotected first-round pick via Miami, and a 2021 and 2023 second-round pick.

The Sixers get a fourth stud in Harris, and the Clippers get the 2021 unprotected Miami pick, along with the 2020 Sixers pick, both of which will be highly coveted when players want to head to Los Angeles. As for Harris, he simply has to take a fantasy hit while playing alongside guys like Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons and Jimmy Butler, but he's also a huge upgrade over Chandler. Harris will still have some decent fantasy value, but he'll go from being an alpha dog for his owners, to being just a third or fourth option in Philly. Woj is also reporting that the Sixers fully plan on keeping the new Big 4 of Embiid, Simmons, Butler and Harris together, and that they plan on re-signing free agents Butler and Harris this summer.

??????

Sorry, BOS. Sorry, TOR. Sorry, MIL. Philly?s going to the Finals (where they might actually give GSW a series).

Unbelievable trade.

Makes you wonder what LAC knows, huh? Harris is young, getting better every year, and they have no problem dumping him for 2 first round draft picks?

Knicks got more for KP, who hasn?t played a game in 12 months.

Clippers know they?re getting Kawhi and somebody else? I thought they had room for 2 max contracts already.

I don?t want Butler. He won?t mix with our kids. I think the little chance we had at KD is probably hurt here... KD and Kawhi to LAC? No KD, means no Kyrie. AD to BOS.

Celtics and Sixers will be mega teams.

I guess I can hope for 14% prayer... At least get me Zion, please!

I didn?t see this coming at all.

tiger0330

Legend
Harris hasn't been a closer, coming up short in 4th quarters leaving the Clips to wonder if he's worth $190M. They did have his bird rights so they could have swung him and Kawhi but ultimately decided he was not the franchise player you want to be paying max money.

Keep both Harris and Butler for nearly $380M, highly unlikely to me.

mafra

Legend
Harris hasn't been a closer, coming up short in 4th quarters leaving the Clips to wonder if he's worth $190M. They did have his bird rights so they could have swung him and Kawhi but ultimately decided he was not the franchise player you want to be paying max money.

Keep both Harris and Butler for nearly $380M, highly unlikely to me.

Well, Tobias sunk the game-winner tonight. Harris should be a dependable third option.

Yeah, they won?t keep both. Butler has supposedly butt heads with Simmons and Embiid. He needs to be around vets (LAK here he comes).

Philly will bet on Simmons-Harris-Embiid... try to dominate the EC the next 5 years. This move puts BOS on notice, will probably compel TOR to trade for a Conley-Gasol package (in effort to make a run this season and keep Kawhi). This also means Giannis is a goner. Knicks should be preparing for the Giannis trade (which means absorb a contract or 2 for picks).

So many moving parts and possibilities... wow.

tiger0330

Legend
Well, Tobias sunk the game-winner tonight. Harris should be a dependable third option.

Yeah, they won?t keep both. Butler has supposedly butt heads with Simmons and Embiid. He needs to be around vets (LAK here he comes).

Philly will bet on Simmons-Harris-Embiid... try to dominate the EC the next 5 years. This move puts BOS on notice, will probably compel TOR to trade for a Conley-Gasol package (in effort to make a run this season and keep Kawhi). This also means Giannis is a goner. Knicks should be preparing for the Giannis trade (which means absorb a contract or 2 for picks).

He was averaging 4 pts in the 4th qtr, might have increased but I doubt it looking at the Clips record and the fact that they traded him. Clips are hot for Kawhi, having someone at every one of his games. Maybe they think they got a shot at AD and KD as well.

paris401

Starter
sorry, BOS. Sorry, TOR. Sorry, MIL. Philly’s going to the Finals (where they might actually give GSW a series).

i watched the rap's/sixers last nite, n philly sure didnt look like they were going anywhere... harris is going to make that big of an impact?? havent seen him enough to say yea or nay... but philly as constructed b4 the trade wasnt going anywhere...

Broadway

All Star

Yeah, they won’t keep both. Butler has supposedly butt heads with Simmons and Embiid. He needs to be around vets (LAK here he comes).

There will be more movement, rest assured. Clippers will probably will unload Gallo and Lou Will. If I were a playoff team, I'd definitely try to get Lou Williams. Matter fact if I'm Ainge I'd probably offer up Rozier for him. You're not stopping Kyrie and Lou Will backcourt AT ALL!

I doubt Rozier is in the long-term financial plans of Celtics

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Unless I’m mistaken, Clippers will now also be able to pitch signing 2 stars to max deals this offseason.

If they renounce Harris/Butler or they walk...yes. Can't sign them and 2 additional max caliber free agents. Their plan is to keep them both(will see if all feelings are mutual). They will have the cap space to be players in free agency depending on movement.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Wow. And WOW!

The Clippers have agreed to trade F Tobias Harris, C Boban Marjanovic and PF Mike Scott to the 76ers for G Landry Shamet, F Wilson Chandler, PF Mike Muscala and a 2020 first-round pick, a 2021 unprotected first-round pick via Miami, and a 2021 and 2023 second-round pick.

The Sixers get a fourth stud in Harris, and the Clippers get the 2021 unprotected Miami pick, along with the 2020 Sixers pick, both of which will be highly coveted when players want to head to Los Angeles. As for Harris, he simply has to take a fantasy hit while playing alongside guys like Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons and Jimmy Butler, but he's also a huge upgrade over Chandler. Harris will still have some decent fantasy value, but he'll go from being an alpha dog for his owners, to being just a third or fourth option in Philly. Woj is also reporting that the Sixers fully plan on keeping the new Big 4 of Embiid, Simmons, Butler and Harris together, and that they plan on re-signing free agents Butler and Harris this summer.

??????

Sorry, BOS. Sorry, TOR. Sorry, MIL. Philly?s going to the Finals (where they might actually give GSW a series).

Unbelievable trade.

Makes you wonder what LAC knows, huh? Harris is young, getting better every year, and they have no problem dumping him for 2 first round draft picks?

Knicks got more for KP, who hasn?t played a game in 12 months.

Clippers know they?re getting Kawhi and somebody else? I thought they had room for 2 max contracts already.

I don?t want Butler. He won?t mix with our kids. I think the little chance we had at KD is probably hurt here... KD and Kawhi to LAC? No KD, means no Kyrie. AD to BOS.

Celtics and Sixers will be mega teams.

I guess I can hope for 14% prayer... At least get me Zion, please!

I didn?t see this coming at all.

I don?t understand this trade at all. Not so long ago the Clippers were at the top of the West. So now you?ve fallen back to 8th so you dump your best player in his prime? I don?t get it. Make me understand this. 8.5 games back BEFORE the all-star and you basically throw away your season??? In hopes to sign 2 max players??? The Clippers are a bigger NBA laughingstock than our Knicks. Unless you just want to live in SoCal(which I understand) why go to the Clippers??? So let me get this straight: K Leonard forces way out of a championship, class organization like the Spurs to end up in LA. But not the Lakers the Clippers??? I think at some point the NBA is going to have to address this. I?m all for freedom for the players and all that but competitive balance in the NBA is way off. It?s like going to your local gym and all the best players want to play together all of the time. :(

jimkcchief88

All Star
Jimmy Butler can be had by the Knicks if they want him. Not really surprised by this with the Clips courting Kawhi heavily, Boban follows his amigo to the Sixers.

Sources: Clippers agree to trade Tobias Harris to 76ers in deal involving 6 players

2:35 AM ET
  • i

Adrian WojnarowskiESPN

The LA Clippers have agreed to trade forward Tobias Harris, center Boban Marjanovic and forward Mike Scott to the Philadelphia 76ers for guard Landry Shamet, forwards Wilson Chandler and Mike Muscala, its 2020 first-round pick, an unprotected 2021 unprotected first-round pick via Miami and a 2021 and 2023 second-round pick, league sources told ESPN.
Harris could be moving toward a maximum-level contract in free agency this summer, something that would've been difficult for Clippers to do with their own free agency aspirations.

No Jimmy Butler for me. He was a nice story in the beginning here in Chicago, but now Jimmy is a knappy headed diva. He forced his way out of Chicago, then Minnie, now a free agent. No thanks. He would want out of New York before Xmas.

paris401

Starter
No Jimmy Butler for me. He was a nice story in the beginning here in Chicago, but now Jimmy is a knappy headed diva. He forced his way out of Chicago, then Minnie, now a free agent. No thanks. He would want out of New York before Xmas.

yeah i dont want jimmy either.... BUT if the past is any indication of the future, jimmy and other 'tier2' FA's are the only ones who will sign here

mafra

Legend
I don?t understand this trade at all. Not so long ago the Clippers were at the top of the West. So now you?ve fallen back to 8th so you dump your best player in his prime? I don?t get it. Make me understand this. 8.5 games back BEFORE the all-star and you basically throw away your season??? In hopes to sign 2 max players??? The Clippers are a bigger NBA laughingstock than our Knicks. Unless you just want to live in SoCal(which I understand) why go to the Clippers??? So let me get this straight: K Leonard forces way out of a championship, class organization like the Spurs to end up in LA. But not the Lakers the Clippers??? I think at some point the NBA is going to have to address this. I?m all for freedom for the players and all that but competitive balance in the NBA is way off. It?s like going to your local gym and all the best players want to play together all of the time. :(

Owner got upset when we dealt KP, and handed his stuff to his seceretary and said, ?Hell, no. We got this!?