Official Trade Rumors Thread

mafra

Legend
With KP's insubordination and injury history.... it makes him "touchable".... but, with his work ethic and skill set.... you only make the move if you get more than "fair" value. Flipping KP for 5 and 10 isn't enough for me.

BOS giving us 3rd pick, Brown, Crowder and a lottery pick next year.... this is the deal.

And, knows BOS isnij pmay should mandate that PHO or SAC overpay if they want KP.

mafra

Legend
Let's remember, the emergence of WHG makes KP expendable as well. I think both have bright futures but together they're not a great mix.

mafra

Legend
Also, no sense in drafting Josh Jax and trading for Crowder and Brown. All 3 are basically the same player.

Get Brown and Smart and draft Fox.... and draft m Isaac or Smith.... with wHG.... this is makeup of a team that blends well.

Fox
Smart
Brown
Isaac
WHG

tiger0330

Legend
With KP's insubordination and injury history.... it makes him "touchable".... but, with his work ethic and skill set.... you only make the move if you get more than "fair" value. Flipping KP for 5 and 10 isn't enough for me.

BOS giving us 3rd pick, Brown, Crowder and a lottery pick next year.... this is the deal.

And, knows BOS isnij pmay should mandate that PHO or SAC overpay if they want KP.
I'd do that in a heartbeat but you have to trade another player. Has to be Quinn's salary at a min. Not a deal breaker trading Quinn but it's something to consider.

mafra

Legend
I'd do that in a heartbeat but you have to trade another player. Has to be Quinn's salary at a min. Not a deal breaker trading Quinn but it's something to consider.

The more I think about it, I don't want Brown and Crowder and Josh Jax. It's the same player. I'd take Crowder if I knew I could flip him to POR or DET or some team for picks.

Now, if I draft Fox instead of Jax... different story.

Anyway.... trading KP might be the only way to convince Melo to waive his NTC.

Point is.... time for a clean slate and total rebuild. Let's do it.

Broadway

All Star
The more I think about it, I don't want Brown and Crowder and Josh Jax. It's the same player. I'd take Crowder if I knew I could flip him to POR or DET or some team for picks.

Now, if I draft Fox instead of Jax... different story.

Anyway.... trading KP might be the only way to convince Melo to waive his NTC.

Point is.... time for a clean slate and total rebuild. Let's do it.

As of now the potential Boston trade is cooling off because demands are too high, If Phil walks away after this draft with only the 8th pick and nothing else this was a complete gross miscalculation on his part and an unmitigated disastrous summer awaits us.

You can't open this can if you don't have the balls to complete the plan...

Like I said...for me, it's what he won't do not what he will do. You have to have juice in this league as an executive to change the landscape of a franchise and Phil by all accounts looks like a joke of a Pres 360 around this league.

mafra

Legend
As of now the potential Boston trade is cooling off because demands are too high, If Phil walks away after this draft with only the 8th pick and nothing this was a complete gross miscalculation on his part and an unmitigated disastrous summer awaits us.

Like I said for me, it's for what he won't do not what he will do. You have to have juice in this league as an executive to change the landscape of the franchise and Phil by all accounts looks like a joke of a Pres 360 around this league

Exactly. Ask for 4-5 picks and forget about 2 of Crowder, Brown, or Smart....

Get Brown or Smart and 3 picks.

Broadway

All Star
Exactly. Ask for 4-5 picks and forget about 2 of Crowder, Brown, or Smart....

Get Brown or Smart and 3 picks.

Naaaahh that's not even his value you have two teams that have rebuffed him. #kporzee value is 2 lottery picks(something along the lines of Kings) and 1 starter tops(maybe some 2nd fillers), that's it. Here's the deal, if #kporzee doesn't have a monstrous up and coming season it'll dwindle. Just like lottery picks are unknown in upside, #kporzee could continue to struggle too either with his play or physically.

If you're asking me would I rather have any 2 of Fox/Smith/Tatum/Monk/DSJ/Isaac/Markannen or Nets pick and 1 of them and Crowder over #kporzee yes a trillion times out of 10

tiger0330

Legend
As of now the potential Boston trade is cooling off because demands are too high, If Phil walks away after this draft with only the 8th pick and nothing else this was a complete gross miscalculation on his part and an unmitigated disastrous summer awaits us.

Like I said...for me, it's what he won't do not what he will do. You have to have juice in this league as an executive to change the landscape of a franchise and Phil by all accounts looks like a joke of a Pres 360 around this league.
The guy is a joke and him telling Trautwig yesterday "We know what we're doing" pleezz. The guy gives away Chandler, JR and Shump and now when he has the chance to re-make the team he overplays his hand. We're looking at the same struggling team we had last year plus the guy we get at 8, unless PJ's triangle miraculously gets us another 10 wins I think we're back in the lottery next year.

mafra

Legend
Naaaahh that's not even his value you have two teams that have rebuffed him. #kporzee value is 2 lottery picks(something along the lines of Kings) and 1 starter tops(maybe some 2nd fillers), that's it. Here's the deal, if #kporzee doesn't have a monstrous up and coming season it'll dwindle. Just like lottery picks are unknown in upside, #kporzee could continue to struggle too either with his play or physically.

If you're asking me would I rather have any 2 of Fox/Smith/Tatum/Monk/DSJ/Isaac/Markannen or Nets pick and 1 of them and Crowder over #kporzee yes a trillion times out of 10

There is risk with kP.... can't argue that,
And yes.... 2 lottery picks and a player is the value.

Funny.... nobody wants Love. Cavs waited too long in him.

Broadway

All Star
There is risk with kP.... can't argue that,
And yes.... 2 lottery picks and a player is the value.

Funny.... nobody wants Love. Cavs waited too long in him.

Yeah not sure they could get Wiggins back for him, it has backfired immensely(post chip that is) for them and now he has an undesirable contract to boot. When GMs play make pretend with moves trying to win/mind games through the media you know you have a flake running the gig. Maybe Griffin isn't a flake but I think he miscalculated this year himself, which could be the demise of Cleveland again. lol @ Phil demanding Love with flames of passion right before the deadline...:teeth::teeth::teeth:

Phil's got a couple hours to make it happen "or else"...like I've been tweeting to him, lol

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
With all the roster redundancies and plethora of first round picks.... Phil would have to be a rigid fool not to get this trade down. Then again, Ainge is notrorious for overvaluing his assets as well. So, does he part with 3rd pick, player, BKLYn pick next year for KP? To me, this is enough.

I don't think SAC and Vlade will meet PJ's asking price.... PHo might, if they want KP bad enough and fear BOS will jump them. KP and booker a nice start to something.

mafra

Legend
The Cavs and Spurs have been in trade talks involving Danny Green, according to Brian Windhorst of ESPN.
The report adds the Spurs' asking price has been high, but the Cavs don't even have a GM right now. The Cavs really don't have much to offer here, so this isn't surprising to see these teams aren't close. Green could be on the move this summer as the Spurs look to open up some cap space to potentially bring in a star like Chris Paul.

Broadway

All Star
With all the roster redundancies and plethora of first round picks.... Phil would have to be a rigid fool not to get this trade down. Then again, Ainge is notrorious for overvaluing his assets as well. So, does he part with 3rd pick, player, BKLYn pick next year for KP? To me, this is enough.

I don't think SAC and Vlade will meet PJ's asking price.... PHo might, if they want KP bad enough and fear BOS will jump them. KP and booker a nice start to something.

There could be something here

Also I believe Bledsoe may have been traded to Denver for Mudiay and 13...which means Phx has assets to get a deal done if true

mafra

Legend
I heard DEN and PHO were talking.... but I also heard PHO won't part with 4. I don't think pHO is serious, only that they'll try to fleece NY. I hope I'm wrong tho....

Broadway

All Star
I heard DEN and PHO were talking.... but I also heard PHO won't part with 4. I don't think pHO is serious, only that they'll try to fleece NY. I hope I'm wrong tho....

Actually there does seem to be an element of manipulation on their part. I feel they are trying to derail value since they know Boston is their competition. There's also a thought #kporzee brother has leaked info to them.